Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can seriously blame him if he went. He's not an Evertonian, and he's playing for a team who are currently bottom half of the league with a manager who doesn't know how to get the best out of a very good squad.

I thought he might have gone last year, but this season we haven't progressed at all. I wouldn't have an issue if he wants to go, as long as it's abroad.

Seeing as we turned down between 35 and 40m for Stones - a defender of similar age and much easier to replace - it's unfathomable that Lukaku could go for anywhere near that price, but rather much, much more.

When we got him permanently he signed a five-year deal, which takes him up to the end of the 2018/19 season - so three more full seasons. We are under no pressure to sell on that account, nor on account of no longer having any money and needing to generate funds to re-invest.

So it'll be on our terms, i.e. a massive fee cash up front, or no sale and we keep hold of him for another year / 18 months before selling to highest bidder if it's clear he won't sign another contract. Even with 18 months of his contract left we'd get 50m, as he's going to be that good.

I don't think 70/80m should be out of the question... it's clear he's off, he's too good for us and deserves better and the chance to win things.

Crucially, at no point in the interview did he actually say "therefore I want to leave". It's the Sky TV presenters that have said "therefore he wants to leave".

Reactions: DRM
As much as I'm a fan of Rom,the fact that we rely on one player for a large percentage of our goals is not a good situation.If he's been injured long term this season I hate to think where we might be.We should be looking for 60 plus for him and if that goes towards a couple of top strikers that could be the best outcome going forwards.Finding two 15+ goals a year players will be the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back