Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku is saying nothing wrong and nothing we didn't expect.

He'll now become the new whipping boy (like Stones) should he have a poor game.

which is exactly why the media have ran this story as more than it is, and then followed up with a host of completely fabricated articles linking him with a lot of clubs already mate, they stoke up the fans the fans react on social media the story becomes how the fans are slating Lukaku etc etc etc

and what originally started as a story with no real substance then can start quoting directly from fans/pundits etc reactions on social media to make the follow up stories have some 'substance' to them

Time for Evertonians to take back control of the narrative.

A defeat in the semi and the Martinez Out banners and white hankies will be out in force for the Bournemouth home game.

Great player but this is all a bit sour. It'll be a tough time when he goes, but no-one will miss the monthly kick in the nads he gives us supporters with comments over his future.

Asked about his father's comments on Bayern and United, he said: 'I understand why he said thaT.

'When I was small, they were two teams that impressed me with their attacking strength.

'Then they're teams that he likes a lot.

'We'll see what happens.

'Whatever happens, it's always nice to be linked with such clubs.

'That's the proof that they're watching me. The rest is my agent's business.'

Is that supposed to mean he's leaving it all for his agent to sort out.

Cant see him there. Still think it'll be PSG
I can definitely see him there TBH, and I think he'll be a part of a major overhaul in the summer that will see United back at the top next year.

In fact, I can also see City and Chelsea with their new managers spending like it's going out of fashion being back at the top end competing with United for the title.

I think this season is very much a one off and it'll be business as usual with Sky creaming over their "Sky 4" once again.

I can definitely see him there TBH, and I think he'll be a part of a major overhaul in the summer that will see United back at the top next year.

In fact, I can also see City and Chelsea with their new managers spending like it's going out of fashion being back at the top end competing with United for the title.

I think this season is very much a one off and it'll be business as usual with Sky creaming over their "Sky 4" once again.

Bet you that your wrong lol

Would like to think we get another season with Rom. On a long contract as it is anyrate, and cant see him downing tools or sulking, but an agreement to let him leave in 2017 would be needed I guess.

Bloody football.

Only ourselves to blame, normally I would be hopeful of retaining a player linked away but I can totally understand him and others leaving this club atm

Only ourselves to blame, normally I would be hopeful of retaining a player linked away but I can totally understand him and others leaving this club atm

Not arguing with you as I know what you're getting at, but we're actually in a way better position than we usually are. He's got 3 years left on his contract and we didn't let Stones leave without a fight did we? So it's not even clear whether Martinez and Moshiri will allow him to leave anyway, but even if they do, there are only a handful of clubs who will be able to get him.

I reckon Madrid and Bayern would be able to get him and you can add Man United to that list if they come 4th. You've then got a few more potential places he could go like Man City and PSG but I don't think (understandably) that they have the same pull as a Madrid or Bayern. Dortmund could be possible, but I can't see him going to the likes of Arsenal or Juventus.

It's then whether we would even sell him to an English club.

Bayern or Madrid for £60m+ and I think all parties would be happy.

Not arguing with you as I know what you're getting at, but we're actually in a way better position than we usually are. He's got 3 years left on his contract and we didn't let Stones leave without a fight did we? So it's not even clear whether Martinez and Moshiri will allow him to leave anyway, but even if they do, there are only a handful of clubs who will be able to get him.

I reckon Madrid and Bayern would be able to get him and you can add Man United to that list if they come 4th. You've then got a few more potential places he could go like Man City and PSG but I don't think (understandably) that they have the same pull as a Madrid or Bayern. Dortmund could be possible, but I can't see him going to the likes of Arsenal or Juventus.

It's then whether we would even sell him to an English club.

Bayern or Madrid for £60m+ and I think all parties would be happy.

Thing is I wouldn't want to stand in the lads way tbh. The whole Stones saga I disagreed with the media as we were a club capable of achieving things/giving Stones that chance to develop as a top player. 2 seasons in of midtable finishes I honestly think it would be poor form in stopping the lad moving to a side that's at the top of the game (providing we get a big fee for him).

I don't want to turn this into a manager thing but until said person is removed I can only see us losing more of our best players, and trying to keep them with broken promises of "we'll push for top 4" when in reality we are stuck in 12th will only lead to unrest in the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back