Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, what does 'handing in a transfer request' even do? It doesn't change anything does it? If a club doesn't want to sell they won't. Does it just mean the player isn't entitled to any transfer percentage if they do that?

They waive any pay off of contracts or compensation to leave. Can mean a lot of money obviously

I don't care if it's accurate or not, but nice to finally read something like this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-chelsea-face-having-7643757

Manchester United and Chelsea face having Romelu Lukaku transfer bids of £50m-plus REJECTED by Everton
The defiant Toffees plan to use Farhad Moshiri's investment to keep their stars and negotiations aren't likely to even start without an offer well over that figure

Reuters
Everton-team-celebrate-their-third-goal.jpg

Will Everton be able to hang onto Lukaku without Champions League football for next season?
Chelsea and Manchester United will have to pay more than £50million to get Romelu Lukaku this summer - and Everton will fight to keep him even if they receive offers of that size.

The Goodison club have made it clear they want star striker Lukaku – who has plundered 25 goals this season – to stay, despite his recent conformation that he wants to play Champions League football.

The Toffees sit 12th in the table, 13 points off the top four but have significant money to spend in the summer after massive recent investment from new major shareholder Farhad Moshiri.

They have made clear they will use some of it to try to hang onto their top players.

In pictures — Everton beat Chelsea to reach the FA Cup semi-finals:

Farhad Moshiri vows to give Everton 'whatever he has'

It is likely to take a bid well in excess of £50m to even get the Toffees to come to the negotiating table – and only then after they have had talks with the 22-year-old over a much improved contract.

There is no shortage of interest in the free-scoring striker, though.

The player’s father Roger has indicated Chelsea — who first signed him from Anderlecht for £18m in 2011 — and Manchester United head the list of Premier League clubs to have been in touch, with Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain are also in the hunt.

Have your say in the comments below

Getty
Romelu%20Lukaku%20gives%20instructions%20during%20the%20match%20between%20Swansea%20City%20and%20Chelsea%20at%20Liberty%20Stadium

Chelsea signed Lukaku in 2011, sold him two years ago — and he's now on their radar again

And with such a powerful line-up of clubs interested, it is likely any fee would smash through the £50m barrier for a player who cost £28m from Chelsea just 18 months ago.

Lukaku has been increasingly vocal about his desire to leave, telling the Daily Mirror a fortnight ago he was ready to step up to the “next level”, and that it was time for him to play Champions League football.

Read more: Everton legend says he survived cancer because he wasn't embarrassed to visit his GP

With Everton having no chance of reaching Europe’s elite competition next season that would suggest a move in the summer, but they will refuse to roll over without a fight.
Wouldn't you have thought an article like this would of come from our local, club supporting, question asking newspaper the Liverpool FC Echo?

It would be an excellent move for him no doubt about it. They may not be in the Champions league next season but players are not stupid they'll know they be in there sooner rather than later, most probably the season after next.

Bluestevon's claim that because clubs aren't in the CL next year that will affect the calibre of player they can sign is pretty daft. For starters money talks and the likes of United, City and Chelsea still have more than the rest despite TV deals.

All three of those clubs will also have managers that will be a drawer to top top players whether they're in CL or not.

And again despite the TV deals and the gap "closing", I'd bet those three clubs will still sit at the top of the money spent table before the summer is out.

I'm pretty sure I'm not in a minority that have more than a hunch that those three clubs will be back battling for the title next season, despite the juvenile "LOL" reply to my opinion from Bluestevon.

Yup Suarez probably thought exactly the same thing when he joined Liverpool as well mate, will be their sooner rather than later - in 4 seasons he played a total of 8 Eufa cup games for them, no CL as they never qualified - despite going through managers and money like confetti

Uniteds spending

Memphis Depay £25,000,000
Matteo Darmian £12,700,000
Morgan Schneiderlin £24,000,000
Bastian Schweinsteiger £6,500,000
Sergio Romero Free
Anthony Martial £35,000,000
Regan Poole £400,000
Ander Herrera £29,000,000
Luke Shaw £27,000,000
Marcos Rojo £16,000,000
Ángel Di María £59,700,000
Daley Blind £13,800,000
Guillermo Varela £2,400,000
Marouane Fellaini £27,500,000
Saidy Janko £700,000
Juan Mata £37,100,000

Uniteds spending since they last came close to challenging for a title mate - like you have predicited they will be for next season.

A massive collection of players they have overpaid for from English clubs, massively overpaying for young players totally unproven at this level from abroad
1 star player in the entire list who lasted 1 full season before pushign through a move to abroad in Di Maria, how exactly is throwing money going to be any different for them next season - they have done it 3 years in a row without even a sniff of getting back into any type of title challenge - LVG arrived with a huge reputation - made absolutely no difference did it?

As for quality of managers they are all going to be getting - Man U look to be getting Mourinho - who if you remember oversaw this seasons Chelsea debacle - so is by no means a guarantee of anything for them
Conte is taking over a team in utter dissaray - and is he a better manager than is Mourinho - no chance on earth - so why exactly will he suddenly see them turning into a team battling for the title? - the track record of managers going from international back into club management is hardly one that fills people with awe either...

Now here is the crux of the matter - all clubs have a lot more money, yup the big 4-5 have a huge amount more still ofc, but now the difference is that pretty much 10-11 teams or more are capable of signign the same calibre of player as the rest - just that the likes of united etc have the abilit of signing 6-7 of those players and west ham 2-3, but the days when the big teams could sign players significantly better than the rest of the teams is gone and possibly gone for good.

The real proven world class players are going to Bayern, Barca, Madrid, PSG etc - despite the papers amusingly linking players like Bale, Rondaldo, etc with moves to United - they instead sign a french kid no one had heard much about and a player from southampton as an example.

The amount each of those 3 clubs can spend obviously gives them a much greater chance than the rest of being able to compete at the very top again, but it is by no way shape or form a guarantee, just a relatively safe gues they can do, but all 3 getting it right i'd lay money on not happening and feel very very confident about that prediction.

Go back 3-4 years and if Untied wanted a player from us he would be gone - no doubt about that, same with Chelsea, same with west brom being able to fight off spurs, and without the teams below them being able to be fleeced then the big teams in this league have lost one of their biggest advantages which is constantly weakenign the level of clubs below them, ad to that those level of clubs now have enough money to take the likes of a Payet, Imbula or Yarmolenko to their teams and the entire league becomes more difficult for an elite group to easily pull away again. Bayerns dominace for example has lasted so long as they simply take the best players off their rivals and force them into rebuild jobs whenever they feel threathened by them - the prem having a so called top 5 all fighting with each other makes that type of rigging the scales impossible.

How many proven world class players have actually arrived in the premiership over the past 2 seasons for example? can think of maybe 2-3 and they basically where deemed surplus to requirements at their current clubs when they arrived and none of them was anywhere close to the level of a Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar etc

a full post without one juvenile l o l from me, i am pleased

If he wants off then it's unlucky, we hold the cards...

Personally can't blame him though. The absurdity of potentially finishing as the divisions golden boot...but with your team in 12th-14th must rankle hugely. If he's to be convinced to stay then that'll be down to the MOSH, no-one else IMO. Bill can reel out all the platitudes he wants, won't matter...ditto the manager, whom I believe he's lost a huge portion of faith in anyway.

A part of me however hangs onto the fact that ROM appears to be a decent kid, stacked with ability & ambition which, realistically, he sees none of that being fulfilled here. Yet...despite this I'm hopeful (only just) for another year off of him and I hope the club use everything in their locker to make it so. Let's face it, he's the player we've cried out for for years...

If not then they HAVE to stand firm for a HUGE bid.

Imagine though, billionaire investment and we start next season with KONE up front. (NIASSE still won't be fit)

Yup Suarez probably thought exactly the same thing when he joined Liverpool as well mate, will be their sooner rather than later - in 4 seasons he played a total of 8 Eufa cup games for them, no CL as they never qualified - despite going through managers and money like confetti

Uniteds spending

Memphis Depay £25,000,000
Matteo Darmian £12,700,000
Morgan Schneiderlin £24,000,000
Bastian Schweinsteiger £6,500,000
Sergio Romero Free
Anthony Martial £35,000,000
Regan Poole £400,000
Ander Herrera £29,000,000
Luke Shaw £27,000,000
Marcos Rojo £16,000,000
Ángel Di María £59,700,000
Daley Blind £13,800,000
Guillermo Varela £2,400,000
Marouane Fellaini £27,500,000
Saidy Janko £700,000
Juan Mata £37,100,000

Uniteds spending since they last came close to challenging for a title mate - like you have predicited they will be for next season.

A massive collection of players they have overpaid for from English clubs, massively overpaying for young players totally unproven at this level from abroad
1 star player in the entire list who lasted 1 full season before pushign through a move to abroad in Di Maria, how exactly is throwing money going to be any different for them next season - they have done it 3 years in a row without even a sniff of getting back into any type of title challenge - LVG arrived with a huge reputation - made absolutely no difference did it?

As for quality of managers they are all going to be getting - Man U look to be getting Mourinho - who if you remember oversaw this seasons Chelsea debacle - so is by no means a guarantee of anything for them
Conte is taking over a team in utter dissaray - and is he a better manager than is Mourinho - no chance on earth - so why exactly will he suddenly see them turning into a team battling for the title? - the track record of managers going from international back into club management is hardly one that fills people with awe either...

Now here is the crux of the matter - all clubs have a lot more money, yup the big 4-5 have a huge amount more still ofc, but now the difference is that pretty much 10-11 teams or more are capable of signign the same calibre of player as the rest - just that the likes of united etc have the abilit of signing 6-7 of those players and west ham 2-3, but the days when the big teams could sign players significantly better than the rest of the teams is gone and possibly gone for good.

The real proven world class players are going to Bayern, Barca, Madrid, PSG etc - despite the papers amusingly linking players like Bale, Rondaldo, etc with moves to United - they instead sign a french kid no one had heard much about and a player from southampton as an example.

The amount each of those 3 clubs can spend obviously gives them a much greater chance than the rest of being able to compete at the very top again, but it is by no way shape or form a guarantee, just a relatively safe gues they can do, but all 3 getting it right i'd lay money on not happening and feel very very confident about that prediction.

Go back 3-4 years and if Untied wanted a player from us he would be gone - no doubt about that, same with Chelsea, same with west brom being able to fight off spurs, and without the teams below them being able to be fleeced then the big teams in this league have lost one of their biggest advantages which is constantly weakenign the level of clubs below them, ad to that those level of clubs now have enough money to take the likes of a Payet, Imbula or Yarmolenko to their teams and the entire league becomes more difficult for an elite group to easily pull away again. Bayerns dominace for example has lasted so long as they simply take the best players off their rivals and force them into rebuild jobs whenever they feel threathened by them - the prem having a so called top 5 all fighting with each other makes that type of rigging the scales impossible.

How many proven world class players have actually arrived in the premiership over the past 2 seasons for example? can think of maybe 2-3 and they basically where deemed surplus to requirements at their current clubs when they arrived and none of them was anywhere close to the level of a Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar etc

a full post without one juvenile l o l from me, i am pleased
So what are you saying mate? :)

If he wants off then it's unlucky, we hold the cards...

Personally can't blame him though. The absurdity of potentially finishing as the divisions golden boot...but with your team in 12th-14th must rankle hugely. If he's to be convinced to stay then that'll be down to the MOSH, no-one else IMO. Bill can reel out all the platitudes he wants, won't matter...ditto the manager, whom I believe he's lost a huge portion of faith in anyway.

A part of me however hangs onto the fact that ROM appears to be a decent kid, stacked with ability & ambition which, realistically, he sees none of that being fulfilled here. Yet...despite this I'm hopeful (only just) for another year off of him and I hope the club use everything in their locker to make it so. Let's face it, he's the player we've cried out for for years...

If not then they HAVE to stand firm for a HUGE bid.

Imagine though, billionaire investment and we start next season with KONE up front. (NIASSE still won't be fit)

New contract with a written in promise he can leave next sumer if we don't meet certain targets, nice fat signing on fee that his agent can pocket a wedge from, knowing that next season he will either have another payday or a client who is playing for a CL team in us who they can then renogiate again and pocket another fat wedge.

Riaola is only concerend about the bottom line - how much he makes from his client, beyond that no agent gives a flying one where their client is really

I suspect Rom has not got up to speed with the fact we got a record 72 points haul a couple of seasons ago. Once he's edified with such info, I am sure he'll make the right decision.
Can't we at least give him a get-out clause in any new contract that at least gives him "til next Xmas....." ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back