Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
5th is the same as 15th is it?
5th is the same as 17th. Utterly useless.

It's all about winning things. Trophies. Real trophies. Not 7th Place trophies or Best of the Rest trophies. ACTUAL shiny silver trophies.

The history books dont care about 5th. No one remembers the losers.

Imagine describing the most famous trophy in domestic football as a 'local cup'...

Rom is saying nothing that any sensible fan wouldn't expect.

To be honest, I reckon Rom would be saying exactly the same thing if we were 6th at this point.

There was always a risk he'd want to leave this summer - especially with the Euros.

I'm confident that Moshiri, Bill and the manager (whoever that may be - atm it's Martinez but as I stress it won't be purely down to him if Rom does leave as we were always gonna be hard pushed to keep the lad without CL) will offer him a new, much-improved deal with a nice, reasonable buy-out (probably £55mil or something) for next summer - or at least an agreement to let him leave should we not qualify for CL.

If Rom takes that - the opportunity of being the main man for another year and continue his development and see where he can help us finish - then sound.

If not, we still hold all the cards as he's on a 3 year deal and knows he needs to carry on playing or risk dropping out of the picture somewhat - so like Stones he won't sulk - and if he does go we'll get a lot of money for him.
Footballers everywhere revere the FA Cup. They rate it immensely as the biggest domestic cup competition in the world.

But a handful of self hating Evertonians on here want to denigrate any Everton team that puts themselves in a position to win it.

I just have to wonder about their credentials, tbh. I just dont buy that any Evertonian worth their salt could wish to loathe their team so much.

It's all about winning things. Trophies. Real trophies. Not 7th Place trophies or Best of the Rest trophies. ACTUAL shiny silver trophies.

Not the prize money and what is the difference of that?

In the same vein, certainly not a 72 points trophy (5th).

Obviously I don't share the same opinion with you because I care about the league. Like many others, neither you can convince them nor they can convince you.

Not the prize money and what is the difference of that?

In the same vein, certainly not a 72 points trophy (5th).

Obviously I don't share the same opinion with you because I care about the league. Like many others, neither you can convince them nor they can convince you.
Trophies trump any league position short of winners for me. Maybe I'm old fashioned and I prefer Everton running round on laps of honour with trophies rather than a massive cheque.

Trophies trump any league position short of winners for me. Maybe I'm old fashioned and I prefer Everton running round on laps of honour with trophies rather than a massive cheque.

21 years and this is a massive chance, to be fair.

But finishing two seasons midtable in a row is also a massive concern including the alarming winning rate.

I am all for winning the cup of course, trophy does matter. What I am trying to say is while you can win a domestic cup I am afraid that will not be enough to keep player like Lukaku, perhaps. As he clearly states that CL footie is what he looks for. By getting CL, Everton need 4th.

21 years and this is a massive chance, to be fair.

But finishing two seasons midtable in a row is also a massive concern including the alarming winning rate.

I am all for winning the cup of course, trophy does matter. What I am trying to say is while you can win a domestic cup I am afraid that will not be enough to keep player like Lukaku, perhaps. As he clearly states that CL footie is what he looks for. By getting CL, Everton need 4th.
Finishing midtable has me unmoved...as unmoved as us finishing 5th-10th.

It's nothing. Nothing at all. Of course, if you can win more matches (and especially home matches for long suffering fans) great. But in overall terms there's no big difference. Lukaku will go whether we win the cup, come 5th or come 15th. We'll attract other players in because we have a lot of cash to spend on wages.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell, tbh.

Finishing midtable has me unmoved...as unmoved as us finishing 5th-10th.

It's nothing. Nothing at all. Of course, if you can win more matches (and especially home matches for long suffering fans) great. But in overall terms there's no big difference. Lukaku will go whether we win the cup, come 5th or come 15th. We'll attract other players in because we have a lot of cash to spend on wages.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell, tbh.

Personally, you can win a cup and doing well in the league at the sametime. There is no contradiction.

Lukaku is indispensable. Don't want to lose him. Doubt we can get a player as good as him at his age.

By that logic the 13/14 season was 'utterly useless'. Please refrain from talking about the points tally of a useless season and recognise that 04/05 has been our only useful season since 95.

A succession of useless seasons is the reason Lukaku wants out. Tbh even if we were picking cups up he'd want out. He is on an ego trip to be the best of all time. We were always only a stepping stone.

By that logic the 13/14 season was 'utterly useless'. Please refrain from talking about the points tally of a useless season and recognise that 04/05 has been our only useful season since 95.

A succession of useless seasons is the reason Lukaku wants out. Tbh even if we were picking cups up he'd want out. He is on an ego trip to be the best of all time. We were always only a stepping stone.
He wouldn't be leaving us if we were challenging the teams at the top. That's what he signed up for.

Considering on the whole we are no worse than Leicester spurs Southampton stoke Liverpool and west ham, yet we lag behind them every year now, I don't blame him for wanting to go. Said it a long time ago, the likes of rom will leave us due to poor league form, and it would take sacking the manager and getting someone ambitious to postpone him going

He wouldn't be leaving us if we were challenging the teams at the top. That's what he signed up for.

Considering on the whole we are no worse than Leicester spurs Southampton stoke Liverpool and west ham, yet we lag behind them every year now, I don't blame him for wanting to go. Said it a long time ago, the likes of rom will leave us due to poor league form, and it would take sacking the manager and getting someone ambitious to postpone him going

I think even if we were challenging he'd be off, and if he goes to United and they're not challenging for the CL every year he'll be off. I genuinely think he's a Cristiano type, he wants to be recognised as the greatest striker of all time. We guaranteed him football when not many others would hit his talent is such that other teams will now do that. I don't think he'll stop though until he's at Madrid Bayern or Barca challenging for the CL every season.

I think we all might be getting ahead of ourselves here.
The press, the wonderful Fourth Estate, purveyor of objective and unbiased information, might , (and I say might, because it's usually so accurate and responsible), be mischievously getting everyone's knickers in a twist.
I know it's unlikely...but they do have previous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back