Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another perfect year to dig in our heels -- make these teams wonder if Vardy or Kane can be turned. Would be ideal if we can hold onto Rom and one or both of them lose their strikers.

50m? 60m? Irrelevant. Who are we going to spend it on?

Either Moshiri is going to spend the kind of money where Rom doesn't *want* to leave and we are signing 40-60m players without selling OR we are still shopping in the Europa league or worse bin and nobody worth 60m will sign for Everton anyway so the money is worth way less than the player.

Either scenario means selling him doesn't make any sense.

If they sell him they have to fire RM too. This is his project and that was his guy -- either we see this project through and keep these players or we sell up and switch projects.

Man u will want him as they don't have a decent striker and lukaku will be the best they could get this summer. They won't spend big on vardy and spurs won't sell Kane.

You honestly believe if we were in 4th he wouldn't be thinking about leaving?

4th isn't a gaurantee of a CL campaign, not that hard to get knocked out in the qualifying game, especially as I doubt we would have a high seeding and therefore face one of the tougher opponents and we'd do it very early in the season wtih a lot of our players still recovering from the Euros. Only one of the five unseeded teams managed to make it through in 2015.

....unfortunately I suspect you're right. Agents look at the £ to be made form any move and their %, players want to be at one of those high profile clubs. I keep saying we need to be in a position where our best players want to stay but that might be some years off.

Here's what finishing 17th gets you --------------->

Here's what finishing 5th gets you ----------------->

Here's what finishing 17th gets you ---------------> Laughed at
Here's what finishing 5th gets you -----------------> respect

You honestly believe if we were in 4th he wouldn't be thinking about leaving?

4th isn't a gaurantee of a CL campaign, not that hard to get knocked out in the qualifying game, especially as I doubt we would have a high seeding and therefore face one of the tougher opponents and we'd do it very early in the season wtih a lot of our players still recovering from the Euros. Only one of the five unseeded teams managed to make it through in 2015.

Agreed , the CL quote is being used as a comfort blanket , to ensure he get's the fan's backing when he leaves because we couldn't live up to his expectations. Would just love one premier footballer to say once, "that I love this club and I am not going to rest until I have helped them achieve greatness".

Agreed , the CL quote is being used as a comfort blanket , to ensure he get's the fan's backing when he leaves because we couldn't live up to his expectations. Would just love one premier footballer to say once, "that I love this club and I am not going to rest until I have helped them achieve greatness".
But if Rom was going to feel that for any club it would have been Anderlecht...and he left them for Chelsea who were the English team he supported...until they didn't give him game time.

It is a short career so can't really blame them tbh.

.....it would be good but I'm afraid that's a bit romantic.

I saw an article in the Daily Mirror yesterday, stating that United et al would have to bid over 50 million to even get to the negotiating table with us.

This is clearly the clubs response being drip fed to the press. I think it's quite a strong statement, stating that only bids over 50 million will even engage the club. It's a strong statement to the agent that if he's touting his player don't think the clubs can low ball us for 50 million. It has relaxed me a little more knowing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back