Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont know, I'm easy on it. Some prefer to leave it off the table, others want it front and centre. I go with the flow.

Why would I call achieving Everton's best PL season and assembling for the first time in a long time a squad with depth of quality 'a failure'?Cast your mind back to season one and the reaction by 99.9% of Evertonians to RM 'reopening the School of Science'. Would you like to just blank and expunge it from your memory bank and conveniently forget it because you want to suggest he's been a 'clear failure'?

This is why I never take this critique of the manager's time here so far seriously: it's all short term BS. I recognise it for what it is: fickle.

Football is fickle mate, i watched this club sack Harvey and Kendall twice, whilst the chairman cried about sacking Smith and treated Moyes like he was bigger and more important than the club and the fans.

Martinez gave us hope, he seemed to get the club and re-awakened a lot of memories about what we should be aspiring too, ultmiately hsi first season he nearly got their but not quite and sicne then its been shown to be a false dawn, maybe he was unlucky in one thing - he reminded us of what we should be aiming for and now he has to be judged by those very standards he wanted us to start to have as a club

Nil satis nisi optimum - words he said a lot his first season - words he has failed in 3 years to be able to live up to

They can. ...Aubadenmanajang is going

And German clubs and italian ones who sell players for vast money never throw it all back into one player, their is a big reason that their domestic transfer records are in the 31 and 35m pound region, they just dont and wont spend that amount on one player

Could we try to keep the player threads about the players, and not the manager please?

I know they are obviously linked, but take a moment before you post sometimes. Ta

I have been reading these pages for news about the player himself but all I seem to be reading are other people's opninions about wheteher he will leave or not, and whether Martinez is bad or not.

Football is fickle mate, i watched this club sack Harvey and Kendall twice, whilst the chairman cried about sacking Smith and treated Moyes like he was bigger and more important than the club and the fans.

Martinez gave us hope, he seemed to get the club and re-awakened a lot of memories about what we should be aspiring too, ultmiately hsi first season he nearly got their but not quite and sicne then its been shown to be a false dawn, maybe he was unlucky in one thing - he reminded us of what we should be aiming for and now he has to be judged by those very standards he wanted us to start to have as a club

Nil satis nisi optimum - words he said a lot his first season - words he has failed in 3 years to be able to live up to
I agree with that post, because it underlines in spades the exact point I've been making (and having to make) over and over: that Martinez is being judged by a bar set higher than all predecessors.

It's not on. Have the past two seasons in the PL been disappointing? Yes. Has, overall, the manager's record here been the stuff that get Everton managers sacked? No, not at all. Three seasons = PL best total and two SFs spots (and the chance to go further).

NO Everton manager would EVER have faced questioning in the past on that record. You and others want to judge him with a measuring stick never used before? Fine. I'll argue continue to consistently argue that the criteria only changes when any Everton manager is given the kind of wedge currently being talked of for future transfer windows.

That's only right and proper.

other people's opninions about wheteher he will leave or not, and whether Martinez is bad or not.

I agree with that post, because it underlines in spades the exact point I've been making (and having to make) over and over: that Martinez is being judged by a bar set higher than all predecessors.

It's not on. Have the past two seasons in the PL been disappointing? Yes. Has, overall, the manager's record here been the stuff that get Everton managers sacked? No, not at all. Three season - Pl best total and two SFs spots (and the chance to go further).

NO Everton manager would EVER have faced questioning in the past on that record. You and others want to judge him with a measuring stick never used before? Fine. I'll argue continue to consistently argue that the criteria only changes when any Everton manager is given the kind of wedge currently being talked of for future transfer windows.

That's only right and proper.

Quite. Pack it in Dave.

That is for the Martinez thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back