Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not convinced that Lukaku will leave this summer. In fact, I think he will stay, all this posturing is about getting a huge pay increase in a new contract that will be structured to facilitate a move.

Everton have a long contract with him and are under no financial pressure to sell. A mega bid from somebody may tempt the club, but there still questions to be answered by Lukaku. I am not convinced that he is the finished article yet or close to it. The goals at the start of the season were hugely assisted by Deulofeu and even though Lukaku can be brilliant he can also be very ordinary .

I think we may see Stones leave this summer and Lukaku stay for another twelve months. Another good season and he will then have plenty of suitors and Everton will be weighing up a big bid against a player who contract is just beginning to wind down.
Twelve months extra would also give the team another chance to improve, give RM a chance to reach top four or maybe leave and also give the new owner a chance to show what his intentions are.
If the club did sell Stones, Keep Lukaku and all the others and spent up to 100m in signing players we would have a team that should be good enough to challenge.

By that logic the 13/14 season was 'utterly useless'. Please refrain from talking about the points tally of a useless season and recognise that 04/05 has been our only useful season since 95.

A succession of useless seasons is the reason Lukaku wants out. Tbh even if we were picking cups up he'd want out. He is on an ego trip to be the best of all time. We were always only a stepping stone.
Of course it was. The 5th place reached that season has never been a matter of flagging up as anything great. My emphasis has been on the 72 points run up that season, because it represents the high water mark of this club's Premier League history. It's the line in the sand that has to be reached and even surpassed if we are ever to be seen as a force again in this country.

Dunno mate, lets say for arguments sake that we don't go lower than 60m for him - which honestyly is the least i could see us demanding, Juve would have to smash the 15 year old transfer record for the country by 25m pound, just don't see it happening, even if they sell Pogba for silly money then Italian footies history shows they just won't go anywhere close to what we will want for him - and with 3 years left the club still has the power in this.

Don't get me wrong i do think he will stay for this season - but i also think the manger will go which will aid that, and If Lukaku is more concerned with the CL than the level of the league and PSG come in then he will be off like a shot no doubt about it, other than that though - the money we paid and the huge finances now rolling into the premiership have massively reduced the available number of clubs to a very small amount - Germany and Italy are just priced out, leaving 2 clubs in spain who have paid anythign remotely close to the fee we'd want, 1 in france and 3 in England - all 3 of which would have to break their own and the countries transfer record to buy him - IS he rated highly enough for Germany or Italy to break their record by 25m pound or for chelsea and city to do so by 10-15m?

By paying so much for him initially at his age - we have actually made it exceptionally difficult for him to move on from us bizarrely

Anything can happen in football mate, but I cant see us selling for anything over £50 million.

so in the league Dave, you are completely not bothered if you see everton lose say 20 games and finish 17th or 5 games and finish say 5th?

What kind of fan isn't bothered if his team wins or loses more games, tut tut
...one who isn't conned by the nu-football era BS about the overwhelming importance of the sooper dooper Barclay Premier League, and one who has what's really important clearly in mind: winning trophies.

What happened to all the Wigan team that won the FA Cup mate, out of reverance for it did they all decide to srtick around the next season to get Wigan back to the prem or did they decide to stick around for the honour of trying to defend it, or even to play in Europe, or did they all just jump ship along with the manager, soemthing else jumps ships when they sink - trying to remember what they are...
Comparing Wigan with Everton. Fell at the first fence.

Even in your world, that is the most pathetic set of words strung together to form a sentence I think I have ever read.

5th gets you European football, 17th doesn't.

Stop talking out of your hairy cat flap.
Here's what finishing 17th gets you --------------->

Here's what finishing 5th gets you ----------------->

Of course it was. The 5th place reached that season has never been a matter of flagging up as anything great. My emphasis has been on the 72 points run up that season, because it represents the high water mark of this club's Premier League history. It's the line in the sand that has to be reached and even surpassed if we are ever to be seen as a force again in this country.

earth_with_breaking_news_text_hg-1.gif~c200

IF Juve sell Pogba, they could.

Anything can happen in football.

I think Man United is his next destination.
I think United having any chance depends on them getting CL. I still think PSG will come in for him with Zlatan all but certain to leave. That said he still has a contract with us and all these interviews from him and his agent (those pesky Belgium's do love talking trash during international breaks) are pointless unless someone meets our valuation of him. The club are in a strong position and showed with Stones last summer they won't be bullied by other clubs and bias media into selling.

I think United having any chance depends on them getting CL. I still think PSG will come in for him with Zlatan all but certain to leave. That said he still has a contract with us and all these interviews from him and his agent (those pesky Belgium's do love talking trash during international breaks) are pointless unless someone meets our valuation of him. The club are in a strong position and showed with Stones last summer they won't be bullied by other clubs and bias media into selling.

I don't think the CL at United really matters, they will get back in sooner rather than later.

Prize money for finishing higher up the league be it 15th or 5th is really not significant with the new telly money that's coming in . That's where the big bucks are and once we are in the premier league we will be fine financially and add to that moshiris investment . There should be no need to sell any one if we don't want to.

I do think we can surpass that as the line between losing and winning with this team is extremely thin at the moment. What I mean with that is that we are on the brink of becoming a great team but mistakes cost us dearly. I think if we can play for 90 minutes fully focused with this same team and even the same tactics we can achieve that. All our younger players that plays regularly has gained another year of experience...grown as players and are learning through mistakes as well. Yes we need one or two additions to the squad to strengthen but I think success is a lot closer than many might think. We have a disastrous season...2 in a row...but there is something in this team that is special and just waiting to surface.

EDIT:
That's why we should try to keep hold of all our young players like Lukaku at all cost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back