Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

quite possibly the greatest gif i've ever seen

Agree with Tubey on this one. The players in contracted and we don't need to sell. Meet our valuation for him and you can have him otherwise he stays. The club hold all the cards on this one, not Rom or his 'super' agent.

Spot on. It's what people didn't realise with Stones last summer - I never really thought we'd sell, as the message would be more damaging than the money would be a benefit.

It's twice as much that this time. We have a billionaire backer and massive new TV money - selling Lukaku would send such a negative message; so much so that the compensation would have to be insane.

I say £70m, but I think bidding starts there if anything. If someone wants him badly enough and the player wants the move, then money talks, sure, but the amount paid would have to be astronomical.

If Rom wants to go and we are offered £60m I can't see what good it is to have any player sulking and not putting a shift in. The club may hold all the cards financially, but morale for the player and amongst the rest of the squad is important too.

If Rom wants to go and we have a 'good' offer then rejecting it may send a strong message at first, but a season later we could have an out of form striker who still doesn't want to be at the club, whose value has gone down and sat in mid table mediocrity (if we don't sell Rom I don't see us bringing in another big name striker and Kone/Niasse/Tarashaj aren't good enough to fire us up the league on their own.)

We are now in the position where we don't HAVE to sell to the big boys, but sometimes it might just be the best option.

His Agent is saying 90m Euros.

Which is 65m.

You would be happy to sell him for 70m tho?

Yep £70m would be fine to me. Wouldn't be "happy" about it, given how much of a talisman and complete striker he's developed into, but that would represent a good fee.

Anything less can do one though.

If Rom wants to go and we are offered £60m I can't see what good it is to have any player sulking and not putting a shift in. The club may hold all the cards financially, but morale for the player and amongst the rest of the squad is important too.

If Rom wants to go and we have a 'good' offer then rejecting it may send a strong message at first, but a season later we could have an out of form striker who still doesn't want to be at the club, whose value has gone down and sat in mid table mediocrity (if we don't sell Rom I don't see us bringing in another big name striker and Kone/Niasse/Tarashaj aren't good enough to fire us up the league on their own.)

We are now in the position where we don't HAVE to sell to the big boys, but sometimes it might just be the best option.
agree 100 % except "Niasse/Tarashaj aren't good enough to fire us up the league"
That is an unknown surely, One has barely played 45 mins and the other...er hasnt played AT ALL. Let's at least be fair when writing players off eh

agree 100 % except "Niasse/Tarashaj aren't good enough to fire us up the league"
That is an unknown surely, One has barely played 45 mins and the other...er hasnt played AT ALL. Let's at least be fair when writing players off eh

Point taken - let's change that to "...probably aren't going to be good enough to rely upon to fire us up the league in their first full season"

spot on, doubt spurs fans were saying kane will have us challenging the league title 2 seasons ago etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back