Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is far too much talk from Lukaku , his father and his agent about his ambition and his desire to play CL etc.
If the agent wants the player to move and if clubs such as PSG and Real are genuinely interested and make big bids then Everton will have to listen and weigh up the option of having a big transfer pot against keeping an unhappy player.
But, it doesn't have to be in the newspapers every day. If there is a genuine interest from clubs of that stature then the end of the season will be time to talk. I think the actions of the"Lukaku camp" are appalling.
I think the agent is trying to create a demand. I think the clubs are interested but maybe not at the price that Everton will demand and cannot be forced to sell for less. Is Lukaku an 80m player, I honestly don't think so ...yet.

I just don't think that Lukaku is good enough yet to lead the line for Real or maybe even PSG every week. There are too many weeks when he looks an average player and neither Real or PSG will build a team around him as Everton have done.
He is a good finisher, but not a great one, he misses a lot of chances that a striker costing that much money should take.
He leads the line well sometimes, but other times looks disinterested and is more interested in scoring than creating chances for others.

He will improve further, he is not quite 23 yet , but is still very much a work in progress.
Will he ever be as good as Drogba was at his peak ? , that is the target and he can reach that level...probably, but is still a long way off.

Lukakus agent is just trying to get a new contract out of Moshiri.

None of those clubs will be in for him at the price we would expect £80mil+.

I can see a new contract being signed by him before the end of the season for about £120k a week....likewise Barkley and Stones.

Lukakus agent is just trying to get a new contract out of Moshiri.

None of those clubs will be in for him at the price we would expect £80mil+.

I can see a new contract being signed by him before the end of the season for about £120k a week....likewise Barkley and Stones.

We would accept less than that mate.

£60mil - I imagine - would be our tipping point. And it's probably a realistic one.

We would accept less than that mate.

£60mil - I imagine - would be our tipping point. And it's probably a realistic one.

Cant see it.

£60mil is the new £30mil with the TV revenues.

I just think its all for a new contract hence the agent throwing out Real and Juve....

Cant see it.

£60mil is the new £30mil with the TV revenues.

I just think its all for a new contract hence the agent throwing out Real and Juve....

If Rom wants to go, £60mil will get him. That would still be the fifth-highest transfer fee ever...

It will come down to how badly he wants to leave and what he does to make it happen.
Last Summer, we saw that although John Stones asked for a transfer he didn't force the issue and the club were able to keep him.

A few years ago we saw with Joleon Lescott that he made it impossible for him to stay at the club.

If Lukaku is happy to stay for another while then that can be made to happen. If the determination to leave is real then it will be hard to keep him and that will have an affect on price.

If he leaves then I think it will be somewhere between 60m and 80m depending on how he reacts.

He's going. 100%
giphy.gif

Assuming €90 million is what £70 million? Tbh I would accept that if a club from abroad offers it. We are gonna lose him at some point would rather it be to a Madrid or PSG than Chelsea or the mancs.

Providing we invest in a proven and REALISTIC replacement ie Bony then we'll be okay providing we spend big money on 3-4 other top class players to go into the starting 11.

My only issue is again Lukaku or no Lukaku it'll still be a poor season in the league with el loco as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back