Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blind is a very intelligent player and marshalled Lukaku really well but in his defence he was isolated for most of the game. Martinez should have recognised that and brought on Niasse or Kone to support him sooner, particularly because I'm not really sure what Barkley was doing today.

The ball into his feet when he was in the 6 yard box with blind too tight behind him is a goal 99 times out of a 100 for elite forwards.

Blind bullied him off the ball multiple times at one point in the second half he did it & cleverly then immediately bullied blind off the ball left me dumbfounded.

Disappointing today although Not worth analysing too much I really don't think the players are with Martinez anymore & the general malaise of the players is making me numb.

86th minute ball is fizzed into the 6 yd box from the right.

My 1st thought is "how much do you want it big fella? "

He's 2 yds behind it not anticpating / expecting it.

A month ago he's on it like a shot & scores....sums his performance up.

Nice one for showing your appreciation to the fans Rom. Oh wait...

Was crap today but don't understand why we kept hoofing it up to him when hebwas hardly winning any headers and when he does finally win one no one runs in behind.

Wasnt good today, but we just do not play to his strengths although was very disappointed that in stead of coming to applaud the away fans, he went stright for the tunnel

Prick, before the game stood rubbing his neck whilst we all chanted his name, after a minute or so he meekly clapped in the fans direction like he was embarrassed to do so.

That's before the game kicked off....... before the game, yet had to be embarrassed to acknowledge us, watch it all you like on the telly but the tit acted like a prima dona today and even though we were awful never gave a monkeys about us

Disgraceful

Not saying in the slightest that Rom played particularly well today, but it appears as if that he he's already became the scapegoat for many ans.

Yes his attitude was also somewhat lacklustre going on his body language and actions post-match, however it's not been an easy few weeks.

Perhaps people are already protecting themselves for his likely departure, yet if we want him to stay then we need to continue supporting him.

I said it before: the second he mentioned the CL stuff he was mentally checked out, and no longer good for the club.

That was proven today.

C'est la vie. We'll see him at PSG.

I've enjoyed watching him in his time here and his goals obviously,but I've always had an underlying feeling he has never"got" us as fans or a club,and that we are somehow "beneath" him,I may be wrong,it's just the impression I get from him as a fella:confused:

If Smalling was bullying him id understand cause Smalling is actually a big lad and a half decent defender, Blind is HALF THE SIZE of Lukaku and he genuinely bullied him. Not the first time a defender similar to Blind has bullied the lad.

Having said that, best striker ive seen at Everton and when he inevitably leaves in three months ill wish him well.

iv been saying it to mates but if lukaku does leave the only team that will pay what Everton want e.g 65m/70m is man Utd. People mentioning psg are either living in hope or delusion. They spend money but not that much they also spend on established stars e.g if zlatan leaves le perisien say that want Higuain or potentially Aubamyang. Both players would cost less and are more proven. Madrid, hes not marketable enough and he's not the sort of strikerPerez would want leading the line.

Juventus would offer a loan then option to buy. Bayern dont spend, city no with pep. Hes also said he doesn't want to move to Chelsea. If arsenal spent money they would be an option but they don't. If lukaku IS to move united are really his only option and I'm not even convinced they'll want him. Guess we'll see, whatever happens due to length on his contract Everton hold cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back