Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all well and good saying he's got three years on his contract so we don't have to sell, but if he's putting in performances like he did on Sunday, honestly what's the point in keeping him?

He clearly didn't fancy it yesterday, and understandably wants to leave in the summer - it's not in our best interests as a club to have a 60 million pound asset sulking around the pitch putting half arsed performances in.

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think he will be here come August. We're Everton and we're bigger than any player.

His attitude would change quickly enough with a couple million new contract signing payment & £100k + per week.

It's all well and good saying he's got three years on his contract so we don't have to sell, but if he's putting in performances like he did on Sunday, honestly what's the point in keeping him?

He clearly didn't fancy it yesterday, and understandably wants to leave in the summer - it's not in our best interests as a club to have a 60 million pound asset sulking around the pitch putting half arsed performances in.

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think he will be here come August. We're Everton and we're bigger than any player.

Nah...he just got turrible service most of the match. We were playing hoofball and terribly over hitting the ball.

Lukaku thinks he's ready for the big-time, kidding no one of that performance on Sunday.

He's nowhere near world class
Best striker we've had for 20 years. One of the world's best young players. Of the whole team he's the last player who one could accuse of underachieving this season. Show him love.

I'll show him love when he shows respect re comments during last week. Agreed, he is the best we've had for 20 years, but that's an irrelevant point given that fact that we've had (for the most part) average strikers.

Lukaku thinks he's ready for the big-time, kidding no one on that performance on Sunday (and it isn't the first time). Yes, some times his team mates let him down, but there is no excuse for the amount of times he just stands there like a spare one at a wedding.

Hugging the united players when he walked off the pitch after putting in a performance like that, disgusting!

Nah...he just got turrible service most of the match. We were playing hoofball and terribly over hitting the ball.
He was completely isolated, and the tactics were appalling but he had a really poor game. Blind gave him a lesson and he didn't have the answers. Nor did he look like he cared that he didn't.

I've enjoyed watching him in his time here and his goals obviously,but I've always had an underlying feeling he has never"got" us as fans or a club,and that we are somehow "beneath" him,I may be wrong,it's just the impression I get from him as a fella:confused:

I was thinking exactly the same whilst walking the dog just now....I don't want to be thinking like that as he's been great for us, but it just doesn't sit right with me when they start spouting off about Champions League. It's money, nothing else, so why not just say that. If Burton Albion offered him £300K a week he'd be playing for them, as would the rest.

I expect he's frustrated more so than angry. He's one of only a couple of players this season to have done his job well and excelled in his position. He has won us more games than any other player and i would guess it must be incredibly frustrating to see all your hard work undone by other players under-performing week in week out.
I don't think he's unhappy. Everton has been good for him, he's become one of the best young strikers in Europe and that is largely down to the faith and patience granted to him by Everton, even when he's been poor he's been praised by the club - by manager given time to play his way back into form.... a grace most 'big' clubs won't give to a striker.

Great post. Simple facts, no hidden agenda.....right on the money.

Why?

Money and the EPL means you can attract 90% of the players.

But they are in that top 10% bracket that we probably couldn't. Short of what Martinez said being true and us being able to complete with anyone in world football and pulling a city. Everyone in the league is going to get the same money as us next year and Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Spurs and as a brand Liverpool are still ahead of us in ability to attract those type of players

I like Lukaku, but there are some serious gaps in his game. How many times does he miss time the jump for a header. Additionally he was massively disrespectful to Everton with his champs league comments. Not sure who will pay the ransom , but we shouldn't accept less than 65 million Great British pounds.

I like Lukaku, but there are some serious gaps in his game. How many times does he miss time the jump for a header. Additionally he was massively disrespectful to Everton with his champs league comments. Not sure who will pay the ransom , but we shouldn't accept less than 65 million Great British pounds.

We should snap their hands of if someone offered us 65 million

Gaps in his game?

Hes on course to score 30+ goals this season.

Hes a goal scorer, who scores goals, not just a few, an utter shedload.

Gap in your head I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back