Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be at least £60m given his age, the madness of prices at the moment, the fee we paid for him in the first place, the length of his contract etc. We have all the power so if he goes it needs to be an eye-watering fee.

Lots of rags mentioning him to Chelsea for £50m or United for £55m, speculation of course but it seems very likely he'll be out the door come summer.

How much would you be happy to part with him for?

Personally think any less than £55m and we've had a shocker at the negotiating table. £60m I'm more comfortable with.

Agree. Given his goal scoring, speed, strength and young age. I would be looking for a record breaking transfer fee - 65-70m+

Wasn't it about playing in the CL? Currently that will exclude Chelsea and Man Utd.
We won't be selling to any other English team I would have thought anyway if we have any backbone as a football club.

They will both be in the CL a long time before we will as long as Martinez is in charge and Lukaku can obviously see this

He undoubtedly has some gaps in his game however the starting point when deciding his price is raheem sterling.
Therefore £50 million is the rock bottom price as sterling had only 1 year left on his contract & is rubbish.

I'd start at minimum £60/£65million guaranteed with lots of clauses including first option on buyback similar to bale with Tottenham, £xx amount at goal achievements trophies etc, % of sell on fee above what we receive etc

I'd also be open with lukaku privately & offer him £125k per week stating you can go if a champions league team agrees to our terms set out above.

Still think PSG are the ones to watch in this game... Chelsea can be linked with him all they want, they can spin it that it was Mourinhos decision all they want but i think that PSG will be the ones to move first for him.

Especially, if expected, Zlatan doesn't renew.

in the telegraph today...

"Lukaku made pertinent points about Everton’s underachievement in the Premier League – a plight that has only deteriorated after successive defeats to Arsenal and Manchester United – which means there is more sympathy than blame for the youngster when you consider scoring over 20 goals in a season has not yet yielded his team 40 points. Unacceptable. Lukaku has delivered. The team has not"

Lots of rags mentioning him to Chelsea for £50m or United for £55m, speculation of course but it seems very likely he'll be out the door come summer.

Personally think any less than £55m and we've had a shocker at the negotiating table. £60m I'm more comfortable with.
If he is going which looks a real possibility then the fact there are a couple of clubs supposedly after him is good for us. Means we can get more for him when they start to get in a bidding war. Obviously I hope it doesn't come to that and he stays with us but at present it looks like he may be gone and who could blame him after the teams performances this season.

starting point is double the price we paid - thats to come to the table. His contract, age, game time in the premier league, scoring record and who has out performed him should all be negotiating points. I would be shocked if we don't start at double what we paid.

Anything less then £50m we would have had ourselves off.

£50 million is a good price, not many players go for that amount.

Some of you go well over the top on value.
50m is great money but I think people just over value due to say, Carol 35m etc.

Lukaku is young and hungry, also almost 100% fit forever too. How many strikers play as many as lukaku and are fit enough to do so?

Imo that's worth 60+, especially considering we will be under great difficulty to replace him with anything nearly as good/better

50m is great money but I think people just over value due to say, Carol 35m etc.

Lukaku is young and hungry, also almost 100% fit forever too. How many strikers play as many as lukaku and are fit enough to do so?

Imo that's worth 60+, especially considering we will be under great difficulty to replace him with anything nearly as good/better

That's silly money, great if we get it.

If he goes for £60 million, he will be in the top 5 most expensive players EVER.

I would be very happy with £50 million.

That's silly money, great if we get it.

If he goes for £60 million, he will be in the top 5 most expensive players EVER.

I would be very happy with £50 million.
He's in the top 5 youngest most (edit:highest) goal scorerers in the world across top divisions no?

Still be happy with 50 yes but to say we couldn't get more is mad. We sold lescott for 24!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back