Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is also working against us now, is everyone knows Lukaku wants out.

Whoever buys him, I would want a sell on clause in that deal, and a big one.

Andy Carroll is an anomaly as he's not worth anywhere near £35m as we so often pointed out. Using him as any form of benchmark is erroneous.

The problem is though that the true value of a player is pretty irrelevant in this case as we're in no rush to sell; it's where we set the limit.

If it were the other way around, like @Pabbers I'd say £50m would be a reasonable price as regardless of his ability he's still not an elite signing.

He's not a Suarez, Bale, Neymar or a Di Maria. But, and it's a BIG but, if we hold our nerve and dual with the big boys then £60-65m isn't unjust.

I'd be content with the £50m mark, however I think we need to squeeze any team for all we can so aiming for higher should be the way forward.

So put a price of £65m and stand by it for as long as we can. If they pay £65m then amazing; if they drop to £60-55m then we're better off.

We're not buying so as @RFUS said, I'm not too concerned about his true value but rather what we can eventually get for him!
Can't argue with any of that.

I really haven't. I just don't agree with you.

You have, we are talking about the fee we set for Rom, and what he is worth. THATS the point.

And when people throw other players like Raheem Sterling and his fee......you have to look at WHY that fee was so high, because those factors are why Liverpool wanted so much.

THAT is the point mate.

You have, we are talking about the fee we set for Rom, and what he is worth. THATS the point.

And when people throw other players like Raheem Sterling and his fee......you have to look at WHY that fee was so high, because those factors are why Liverpool wanted so much.

THAT is the point mate.
I understood your point, as I said.

However, I don't agree with your reasoning. That might change the price Liverpool set, but it doesn't change the price Cuty were willing to pay, which is the important valuation, since it determines what price the player ACTUALLY gets sold for, and therefore what his actual value is.

Anywah, clearly neither of us is going to convince the other, so let's leave it.

We paid £28m for him.

So, we want another £28m on top, plus a development fee, plus money for finding a replacement, plus a premium (In terms of add-ons).

So £65m is a VERY fair starting price imo.

I understood your point, as I said.

However, I don't agree with your reasoning. That might change the price Liverpool set, but it doesn't change the price Cuty were willing to pay, which is the important valuation, since it determines what price the player ACTUALLY gets sold for, and therefore what his actual value is.

Anywah, clearly neither of us is going to convince the other, so let's leave it.

Well City first offered £25 million.

And I agree with what you say about City and what they pay. But we were talking about reasons for a selling clubs Valuation.

22 years old mert, of course he has gaps in his game, of course he can improve, still scored 119 goals, imagine WHEN hes at his peak.
I don't think I am being a merit here , I like Lukaku, it's just frustrating that he can't time his jumps, my 14 year old kid can time jumps and a professional can't. I stand by my points his timing is poor, he doesn't use his strength as much and as well as he should. Do you think his timing of his jumps are good, do you think he used his strength well against Blind?
He is a fantastic player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back