Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets be honest... he could have just read this forum

But the thing is - we all know this is probably true, i can imagine that Martinez probably made some assurances we would be challenging to Rom... the fact we are regressing probably doesn't help the situation.

£60m will soften the blow, but ill still be devastated... am going back to the Martinez thread to moan about his lying ways. the bad bint.

I suppose, if true, all is not lost if we install a proper manager soon and the new owner starts to realise his ambitions asap.

lets be honest... he could have just read this forum

But the thing is - we all know this is probably true, i can imagine that Martinez probably made some assurances we would be challenging to Rom... the fact we are regressing probably doesn't help the situation.

£60m will soften the blow, but ill still be devastated... am going back to the Martinez thread to moan about his lying ways. the bad bint.

The champions league is dying a slow death. I don't know why players are that obsessed by it. It's pretty much a closed shop, and unless you are playing for an elite team you'll just end up getting dumped out of it, often looking a bit crap in the process.

I suppose, if true, all is not lost if we install a proper manager soon and the new owner starts to realise his ambitions asap.

If roberto has an agreement lukaku can go if we don't make the champions league then it's fair to say he should only be allowed to leave for a champions league club this rules out man Utd & Chelsea this season.
I can only see PSG left who can afford him & he would have a chance of getting game time. The French footbal expert on talk sport this morning said no player in & around the age of 25 should be playing in France hopefully lukaku agrees. I can see higuain at PSG

Solution has to be new manager new contract.

If roberto has an agreement lukaku can go if we don't make the champions league then it's fair to say he should only be allowed to leave for a champions league club this rules out man Utd & Chelsea this season.
I can only see PSG left who can afford him & he would have a chance of getting game time. The French footbal expert on talk sport this morning said no player in & around the age of 25 should be playing in France hopefully lukaku agrees. I can see higuain at PSG

Solution has to be new manager new contract.
He'd be a fool to go to France. We'd be a joke to sell him to any English team, doubly so if they aren't even in the CL themselves.
Not many others left that will pay 60?

The champions league is dying a slow death. I don't know why players are that obsessed by it. It's pretty much a closed shop, and unless you are playing for an elite team you'll just end up getting dumped out of it, often looking a bit crap in the process.
It's certainly true that fewer people care in the UK now that every match is on BT. I've got BT Sport and I still find myself forgetting about the Champions League until I find out the scores on Wednesday or Thursday morning. The casual viewers who used to catch the odd match on ITV probably never see a game.

I'm not sure that translates to players not being bothered to play at that level, though. It's still the biggest draw in club football, surely.

It's certainly true that fewer people care in the UK now that every match is on BT. I've got BT Sport and I still find myself forgetting about the Champions League until I find out the scores on Wednesday or Thursday morning. The casual viewers who used to catch the odd match on ITV probably never see a game.

I'm not sure that translates to players not being bothered to play at that level, though. It's still the biggest draw in club football, surely.

I read somewhere that in the final year of Sky having The Champions league, viewing figures were down by 30%, so it seems its on its way down in general

This is very true. Finally got sky sports for the first time this year and thus watching prem football has been a thing, but I've seen almost no champions league games this season with it having moved to BT.

The CL will certaint be a huge prospect for players, but we all knows there's only 3-4 potential winners every year! That is what might subsidise myself into moving to a random CL club, for lukaku surely if he wants to win it it will have to be one of the biggest

1. Everton is to blame for Lukaku leaving- not getting a top 4 CL spot in this season's open premier league was a failure. So we become a selling club just at the point when we actually have some money.

2. If/when lukaku leaves the only way it ends well is if his replacement is a top 15 global striker i.e. NOT a bony or a benteke.

3. Its still all about the CL- that's where the real greatness is these days not the FA or Capital One Cups. Can you imagine an Everton v Real Madrid/Barcelona/PSG/Munich in a CL qtr or semi in CL- would be far more epic in my mind that a FA cup final .

1. Everton is to blame for Lukaku leaving- not getting a top 4 CL spot in this season's open premier league was a failure. So we become a selling club just at the point when we actually have some money.

2. If/when lukaku leaves the only way it ends well is if his replacement is a top 15 global striker i.e. NOT a bony or a benteke.

3. Its still all about the CL- that's where the real greatness is these days not the FA or Capital One Cups. Can you imagine an Everton v Real Madrid/Barcelona/PSG/Munich in a CL qtr or semi in CL- would be far more epic in my mind that a FA cup final .
Oh you are in here with this as well?

Anyone in the top 28 in that list touching Everton FC with a bargepole next season unless we get a Jose type Manager then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back