Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the service has been poor quite a lot of the time. But even when he gets it, he doesn't look bothered mate. Since he's spoken about CL his mind seems to be elsewhere. Sulking around the pitch looking disinterested. Love him, he's my favourite player...but right now i'd rather see a youth player given a go until Wembley.

I'd rather see our kids play with a bit of grit and passion than the majority of them out there.

Disagree with that.

When we finally switched on in the last twenty minutes, he was the only player to turn to the away end and try and get us going.

He spent the whole game 1 vs 4 with us doing floaty crosses at him. Soul destroying stuff. Oviedo near the end could have fizzed a low cross into a dangerous area for him where you know he'd score... yet used him as a decoy for a cutback to Mirallas. Crazy stuff.

Disagree with that.

When we finally switched on in the last twenty minutes, he was the only player to turn to the away end and try and get us going.

He spent the whole game 1 vs 4 with us doing floaty crosses at him. Soul destroying stuff. Oviedo near the end could have fizzed a low cross into a dangerous area for him where you know he'd score... yet used him as a decoy for a cutback to Mirallas. Crazy stuff.
So have him as a cheerleader at Goodison and give him a rest then? It must be frustrating for Rom, i understand.

I hope i'm not coming across as slating or ignoring all he's done. I just think it's sad to see such an incredible talent simply walk round for the majority of a game, looking uninterested. I didn't think he was like that.

anyone offers us 65m take the money and run. could get a player that scores similar amount of goals and contributes nothing to the team for half that.
fair enough he has the tools to be so much more but his hold up play etc has barely improved since he was 18.
he could be the best striker in the world in 5 years but equally could be a belgian jermaine defoe

Defoe's been pretty good though?

So have him as a cheerleader at Goodison and give him a rest then? It must be frustrating for Rom, i understand.

I hope i'm not coming across as slating or ignoring all he's done. I just think it's sad to see such an incredible talent simply walk round for the majority of a game, looking uninterested. I didn't think he was like that.

Genuinely mate, if I was getting the sort of garbage service recently that he's been getting after scoring 20+ goals this season, it would frustrate me to the point of ambling about.

What I wouldn't like to see is him charge about vs Palace, pull a hamstring and not play

Genuinely mate, if I was getting the sort of garbage service recently that he's been getting after scoring 20+ goals this season, it would frustrate me to the point of ambling about.

What I wouldn't like to see is him charge about vs Palace, pull a hamstring and not play
Needs T-Clevz supplying him

He'll be in for a shock if he does manage to swing a move to a team with standards.

Playing in Turkey by the time he's 25.

I'd like to see him get angry then. Show he cares. I'd rather see our players showing their anger and frustration than sulking.

It's clear a lot of them aren't happy, yet all they seem to do is stick the kit on and sulk.

I'm just fed up in all honesty haha, everytime it zooms in on a player and they turn around and you see NSNO on the collar it winds me up. The whole club from top to bottom has forgotten the meaning of it.

When we bought him, I thought we would get 2 maybe 3yrs at best. We were never going to see Rom at his peak in an Everton shirt. We are lucky he's had a very good season, so we can get top dollar.

But last night he was shocking. His touch, passing, lay offs and work rate was embarrassing. The guy is 6ft4 and Dann was heading the ball away like he was up against a midget. While gayle for them who's 5ft nothing was making life so difficult for mori.

While people are right to mention service, it's his job to control the ball so our other players can go forward and join in. When the ball is played up to Rom the midfield start to go forward, but then have to turn back when he loses it.

Personally I can't wait to see a number 9 who grafts his ass off, puts defenders under pressure, and can control the ball and pass to a team mate

I'd like to see him get angry then. Show he cares. I'd rather see our players showing their anger and frustration than sulking.

It's clear a lot of them aren't happy, yet all they seem to do is stick the kit on and sulk.

I'm just fed up in all honesty haha, everytime it zooms in on a player and they turn around and you see NSNO on the collar it winds me up. The whole club from top to bottom has forgotten the meaning of it.

Blimey, I hope you didn't get to see Oumar Naisse in the pre-match warm up then lol couldn't control or pass it properly once in the 6 yard possession square drill they do. Absolutely awful stuff.

People need to get a grip, he is clearly not happy and it shows in his play.

By all means have a go at him for lack of effort, but to give him stick as not being very good is ludicrous.

His goal record for WBA and Everton is outstanding and when we lose him he will be very hard to replace.

Yeah I bet, makes sense to blame our best player then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back