Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said that was an option. In fact, that was the whole point of the post - it's very possible that an out of form Lukaku just looks not arsed because nothing is going right and he's tired.

I think it could be either option. It wouldn't even pass my mind if not for two things - the contrast in form, and the fact it's happened after his unprofessional media comments during the break.

Nah I know it's just a point thrown out there for debate, it's just worrying that most people on here will take and run with it. They WANT to find a reason to hate him before he leaves. Makes it easier to let go.

Thought he looked like he wasn't arsed first half, he just jogged around and didn't close anyone down, couldn't believe at times how easily he was out - muscled off the ball, also, can't remember him winning one header in the first half.

When McCarthy was sent off he ended up putting a shift in but was just too isolated up front, he looked knackered by the end.

Nah I know it's just a point thrown out there for debate, it's just worrying that most people on here will take and run with it. They WANT to find a reason to hate him before he leaves. Makes it easier to let go.

Aye, people did it with Stones.

Personally, I don't blame him for wanting to move. In fact, I'd be more worried about him if he didn't, as it'd indicate a terrible lack of ambition.

Aye, people did it with Stones.

Personally, I don't blame him for wanting to move. In fact, I'd be more worried about him if he didn't, as it'd indicate a terrible lack of ambition.

Yeah mate, totally. It's an awful thing to say, but he simply is better than us at the moment.

The river card being played by Moshri over the summer though might keep him. I hope he's got a good one up his sleeve.

I think this is the beginning of the game he's going to play with regard to leaving the club.

We need to either categorically tell him in no uncertain terms that he is staying, or we need to sell him very early on in the window. The club doesn't need this hanging over us all summer, and then a sale on deadline day.

He was consistent in one aspect last night. Jumping under the flight of the long ball and not challenging for the header.

Some might say that's the way cowards go up for a header and that he has done it consistently since he got clattered in a west ham game last season, but due to his god like status on GOT i will join everyone in saying his timing was a bit off last night.

Fair comment, makes complete sense.

I wouldn't be criticising Lukaku at all if it looked like he was still putting a shift in, but he was knackered overall and out of form. My problem with him is that he's looked like he's downed tools completely since the international break.

He could do effectively nothing for the rest of the season and still be our stand out performer this season; but it will be a massive shame if he doesn't finish the job he started this season, as he could have made himself an indispensable purchase for a few big clubs in the summer if he did.

I have the feeling he's downed tools because he's laying the groundwork to force a transfer, and that's by Everton being as bad as possible in the run in to justify his need to move on. And if that's the case, he's bang out of order.

But it's difficult to tell. An out of form Lukaku might just look incredibly lazy, instead of being incredibly lazy.
I have said this for a few weeks now, do you blame him if he has just given up? we can talk about loyalty all we want and how a player should behave under contract but if that was the case i can't hold it against him. for all intents and purposes he has done his job admirally this year. he is paid to score goals and he has done, if the team aren't winning games then who do you blame then? He knows he is good enough to be playing higher than bottom half of the league, and his goals warrant a much higher league place considering his peers are challenging it out for the title at the minute, yet here he is, two seasons of poor form no matter how well he plays.

I still think the turning point for him was stoke in december. two goals and an assist, 20 minutes on the clock, he had won the game for us. Fast forward to full time, 4-3 defeat and nothing for all of his efforts despite him going beyond the call of him that day. for a young belgian who has no affinity to this club beyond his pay packet, i'd be desperate to get away from here, it is literally wasting his talents being in this team right now.

I have said this for a few weeks now, do you blame him if he has just given up? we can talk about loyalty all we want and how a player should behave under contract but if that was the case i can't hold it against him. for all intents and purposes he has done his job admirally this year. he is paid to score goals and he has done, if the team aren't winning games then who do you blame then? He knows he is good enough to be playing higher than bottom half of the league, and his goals warrant a much higher league place considering his peers are challenging it out for the title at the minute, yet here he is, two seasons of poor form no matter how well he plays.

I still think the turning point for him was stoke in december. two goals and an assist, 20 minutes on the clock, he had won the game for us. Fast forward to full time, 4-3 defeat and nothing for all of his efforts despite him going beyond the call of him that day. for a young belgian who has no affinity to this club beyond his pay packet, i'd be desperate to get away from here, it is literally wasting his talents being in this team right now.

The way we're playing, I wouldn't be surprised if Hibbo put in a transfer request!!

Erm... yes?

He's paid more in one week than a lot of us make in a year. If he just gives up, given the prices people pay for tickets to see him perform a job most of us would kill to do, then not only would I blame him for being a petulant brat, I'd think he'd need a good smack.

Erm... yes?

He's paid more in one week than a lot of us make in a year. If he just gives up, given the prices people pay for tickets to see him perform a job most of us would kill to do, then not only would I blame him for being a petulant brat, I'd think he'd need a good smack.
But that was my point, you can say all you want about how he should act but when he is playing champions league games and winning trophies and we are hypothetically turning in performances like we have done for 2 years (if we continued with martinez) then will he care that he gave up in march for us?

i still stand by what i said the other week, Lukaku has done more than enough for us this season if he didn't kick another ball for the club. Scored more than cottee, single handedly won us games, hell we wouldn't be in the semi final if it wasn't for what HE did on the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back