Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price tag is the problem here. The way I am looking at it is that we have four or five players with different qualities going forward and should be mixing it up more. But Rom is trying to do stuff that don't think will ever suit him. Maybe rather than random calls to bench him we just see him as a squad member who brings something we haven't got. Would also help if he recognised his strengths and used them more consistently rather than trying to turn himself into a silky skilled goal poacher.

Romel needs to be more ruthless and consistent as we all know the talent is there.
The opportunities have been there for him in the last few games, which is an added bonus, yet he seems to have lost his usual clinical finishing.

I'd be more concerned if he wasn't scoring because he was not having (or making) any chances at all. He'll score soon enough and that'll help.

I am refusing to take any negatives from yesterday's game.

Everton were blooming brilliant at times.

Yes, Rom missed a few great chances......but to use the old cliche "he was there in the box to miss them".

That hasn't always been the case.

If he keeps on making space for himself in the kill zone and the "assisters" keep finding him the goals will flow.

I am refusing to take any negatives from yesterday's game.

Everton were blooming brilliant at times.

Yes, Rom missed a few great chances......but to use the old cliche "he was there in the box to miss them".

That hasn't always been the case.

If he keeps on making space for himself in the kill zone and the "assisters" keep finding him the goals will flow.
He looked annoyed with himself for missing said chances tbh, that's more or less a good sign, as he's aware he's fluffed something he worked hard for at least...

And agreed, we played amazingly at times!

He won us games on his own last year. What a pathetic comment.

Get over it. He missed a bucket load. So what. It happens. Hes the best we have had for 25 years up front. Deal with it.
He missed a bucket load, so what? What a pathetic comment.

Oh..... I was hoping for 3 points. Sorry about me mate. How very dare i.

He missed a bucket load, so what? What a pathetic comment.

Oh..... I was hoping for 3 points. Sorry about me mate. How very dare i.
Well, I don't agree with you either. I'd be extremely unhappy if he'd been unarsed and just walked around, but the lad got a ton of chances through his own movement and hard work. Yeah, he missed shots, everyone misses shots, [Poor language removed] happens.

Well, I don't agree with you either. I'd be extremely unhappy if he'd been unarsed and just walked around, but the lad got a ton of chances through his own movement and hard work. Yeah, he missed shots, everyone misses shots, [Poor language removed] happens.
Last season we were making excuses that he wasn't being supplied with chances, we had no one at the club to slip him the final ball.

Well this season has been very different. The evidence is there for all to see as he is being slipped in left right and centre. There can be no more excuses.

He will be making waves at the seasons end, trying to put himself about to move on to another club, the next step in his career. He has made comments before about wanting the highest level, the Champions league. Those misses yesterday are the difference between a team finishing top 4 to a team finishing 6th or 7th. Yet he will likely moan come seasons end if we are to miss out.

He's not clinical enough. Is that harsh? I don't think so. It's what we paid for, to be the difference, to score goals. 6 goals in his last 27 isn't clinical for me.

Back to the above point, we can no longer state he isn't being supplied. We've been slipping balls in and creating chances all season. It's time for him to step it up and be Everton's difference.

Last season we were making excuses that he wasn't being supplied with chances, we had no one at the club to slip him the final ball.

Well this season has been very different. The evidence is there for all to see as he is being slipped in left right and centre. There can be no more excuses.

He will be making waves at the seasons end, trying to put himself about to move on to another club, the next step in his career. He has made comments before about wanting the highest level, the Champions league. Those misses yesterday are the difference between a team finishing top 4 to a team finishing 6th or 7th. Yet he will likely moan come seasons end if we are to miss out.

He's not clinical enough. Is that harsh? I don't think so. It's what we paid for, to be the difference, to score goals. 6 goals in his last 27 isn't clinical for me.

Back to the above point, we can no longer state he isn't being supplied. We've been slipping balls in and creating chances all season. It's time for him to step it up and be Everton's difference.
He's scored 2 goals in 4 in the league, and 2 goals in 1 game in the cup. 4 in 5 overall.

Not clinical though?

Could have and should have scored yesterday. Rest assured, if Barkley continues to thread him those quality balls he will score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back