Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was working hard today. Awful finishing, but faulting his workrate makes me think you weren't actually watching him play. Nothing came off right, and Ashley Williams had a fantastic game, but Lukaku kept making the runs and getting into those positions. Williams blocked his shot four times. Sometimes you just have to put your hands up and credit a good defensive performance.

It's funny, when he strolls around the pitch all day but still slots in a goal or two, people complain. When the opposite happens, people still complain.

His workrate? What workrate? At times the ball was 5m from him and he just walked with a massive "I cant be bothered" on his face.
A top class forward would be chasing it every time and putting pressure on the ball carrier.
I think he needs benching for a bit, just like last season. Let Leandro have a run.

His workrate? What workrate? At times the ball was 5m from him and he just walked with a massive "I cant be bothered" on his face.
A top class forward would be chasing it every time and putting pressure on the ball carrier.
I think he needs benching for a bit, just like last season. Let Leandro have a run.
You don't get six shots in the penalty area if you aren't making good runs and working for position. He was involved in all of the attacks, making passes, drifting wide, cutting back in. Ashley Williams was better than he was today, though. It happens.

In general he was busy but I agree with Zezti that waving their centre halves through without putting them under any pressure in a five yard area is not good enough. Lukaku is not a natural footballer. His first touch in not great and the ball often seems to get stuck under his feet. And he is not that good in the air.

That said, I thougt his hold up play was better than other days and he ran around.

I think 'wank' might be too harsh to describe his play. How about 'Can do better.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back