Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs droping for the Derby
think this experinece may have altered your decision making mate
resize

Nonsense

He's produced nothing in the last 4 games through lack of effort and fight

What's the point in playing someone who's not bothered
I agree apart for the simple fact he is remarkably better than the other options at our disposal: Koné is Koné; Niasse is yet untested.

We can all see that Rom is physically starting to look jaded and mentally he's not appeared completely committed for whatever reason.

Yet, if you put a chance in front of him I'd still be more convinced that he would be more likely to score than the other two.

The real problem here is one that many foresaw at the start of the season: once Rom is out of the picture we're chronically short of option up top.

How players react to wanting away is as different as the players themselves.
Roms been talking about playing champions league since he got here, i think he does need a rest though. Hes played pretty much every game this season, just hard to sit him becuase we need goals and hes our best chance at them

How players react to wanting away is as different as the players themselves.
I'm still not convinced that Romelu's form is entirely down to disillusionment and his plans to jump ship. A part of it yes...

He has played a lot of games this season where he's had to do a bulk of the work, along with tacking a fair few knows and injuries along the way.

Also it's only conjecture of course, however I'm starting to sway to there being more frustration and antagonism behind the scenes.

I think we're just seeing the manifestation of a tired, jaded and exasperated individual who is now struggling to keep up the intensity levels.

Nonsense

He's produced nothing in the last 4 games through lack of effort and fight

What's the point in playing someone who's not bothered

Totally agree.... we can blame the manager, tactics, lack of service, lack of chemistry BUT this does not justify the lack of effort.
If he has made is decision to move on, then so be it and he can feck off.... but this does not justify his total lack of effort until the end of the season

Cant stand this blame culture... just like them shower of [Poor language removed] over the park... he has to look at himself as a professional footballer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back