Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've criticised him for his attitude and lack of technique since he joined us, because it's been completely true.

I'm not arsed in him leaving because I'm legitimately not arsed. If we had the Lukaku that turns up every so often and is an absolute monster, I'd be his biggest fan. But unlike some, I don't easily forget the liability Lukaku who makes us look like we play with 10 men every game with his ping pong shins due to his lack of technique.

We think he's leaving because he says he's leaving. Let's see, because I REALLY doubt anyone is going to pay the money we'll rightfully demand for him, because any scouting network worth their salt will point out his obvious flaws. £65m+ for a player with such flaws is a big ask.

He'll perhaps get a move to a second tier European side like PSG, with more money than sense. But that's it. We won't sell him cheap, and I doubt we'll sell him domestically, so there's every chance he'll be here next season - and if he is, he needs to change his bloody attitude and perform for his employer week in, week out.
I defended him just there but a lot of what you said here rings true. I think with a new manager who can play to his strengths and bring in the players who can supply him in the right way, he can be huge for us next season.

The best players in the world will look garbage if they're not fit enough. He's started pretty much every game for three seasons without help and being isolated. He's a top player needs a good manager and some help/competition and above all, like all our squad, needs to be super fit.

Infuriating performance and a poor spell over the last few weeks but he's still our best player.

Even today when he hasn't played well he could have had 3 goals. All well and good saying we should sell him on but are we going to bring anyone better in? I highly doubt it.

Big critic of him, but not true. He switched off late Feb/early March.
Fair enough then. Still have a love/hate relationship toward him even after bagging all those goals the past two years. I know he isn't superman but the fight is beyond him at times he seem spoilt beyond belief.

So what. He talks like he is Ronaldo but when it mattered he couldn't back it up so he has to take the criticism
Very fickle.

You will miss him when he is gone. Promise you his replacement will be nowhere near is level of quality.

And if he wasn't here already we would be going down this season

Had a few instances of bad control letting him down going in on goal and missed a pen but still our best striker since Linekar, watch him lose the ball and chase it down after. Confident lad but I don't like anyone talking Everton down,no matter how good you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back