Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that, I do think we over rate at times. 3 players doesn't make a team, we're god damn awful through the midfield, the most important area.

He's always going to leave us. Just feels like people want to be able to label him a Judas as soon as they can.

I've criticised him for his attitude and lack of technique since he joined us, because it's been completely true.

I'm not arsed in him leaving because I'm legitimately not arsed. If we had the Lukaku that turns up every so often and is an absolute monster, I'd be his biggest fan. But unlike some, I don't easily forget the liability Lukaku who makes us look like we play with 10 men every game with his ping pong shins due to his lack of technique.

We think he's leaving because he says he's leaving. Let's see, because I REALLY doubt anyone is going to pay the money we'll rightfully demand for him, because any scouting network worth their salt will point out his obvious flaws. £65m+ for a player with such flaws is a big ask.

He'll perhaps get a move to a second tier European side like PSG, with more money than sense. But that's it. We won't sell him cheap, and I doubt we'll sell him domestically, so there's every chance he'll be here next season - and if he is, he needs to change his bloody attitude and perform for his employer week in, week out.

Best striker we have had in 30 years.

He had a bad game in front of goal. It happens. Sadly it's our luck that was today.

Or do people forget it was him that single handedly got us to the semi final?

Martial plays for us today he scored a hat trick simple as sick to death of apologists saying lukaku only getting stick as he wants to leave.

I've criticised him for his attitude and lack of technique since he joined us, because it's been completely true.

I'm not arsed in him leaving because I'm legitimately not arsed. If we had the Lukaku that turns up every so often and is an absolute monster, I'd be his biggest fan. But unlike some, I don't easily forget the liability Lukaku who makes us look like we play with 10 men every game with his ping pong shins due to his lack of technique.

We think he's leaving because he says he's leaving. Let's see, because I REALLY doubt anyone is going to pay the money we'll rightfully demand for him, because any scouting network worth their salt will point out his obvious flaws. £65m+ for a player with such flaws is a big ask.

He'll perhaps get a move to a second tier European side like PSG, with more money than sense. But that's it. We won't sell him cheap, and I doubt we'll sell him domestically, so there's every chance he'll be here next season - and if he is, he needs to change his bloody attitude and perform for his employer week in, week out.

He's a strange one to be sure. Earlier in the season all the sound bites were good, working hard at being a better player and person, working for the team etc. Totally different attitude now.

And yeah I've never grown "attached" to him so to speak, because he's simply going to move on at some stage in the very near future, sadly we were a stepping stone. I'll remember the good stuff about him, like being our best striker in 30 years.

Totally and completely disagree.

We were lucky to not be down 2 or 3 goals in the first half. Jags should have seen red for his handball...and they should have had a penalty.

Your point makes absolutely no sense. Were we two or three goals down in the first half? No. So the defenders did their jobs. Regardless of the referee's decisions.

Lukaku was given a penalty that wasn't even a penalty and still missed. He was given a goal on a silver spoon and refused it. He did not do his job. He has never had so many easy chances in a game and screwed them all up.

Tubey he hasn't been arsed since the beginning of the year. First touched is so bad he put himself out of scoring twice in the first half. I don't expect him back next year.

Your point makes absolutely no sense. Were we two or three goals down in the first half? No. So the defenders did their jobs. Regardless of the referee's decisions.

Lukaku was given a penalty that wasn't even a penalty and still missed. He was given a goal on a silver spoon and refused it. He did not do his job. He has never had so many easy chances in a game and screwed them all up.

Yes he didn't have a great game, but it's not at all entirely on him. It's not even like it was a terrible pen. It was a good save too.

Best striker we have had in 30 years.

He had a bad game in front of goal. It happens. Sadly it's our luck that was today.

Or do people forget it was him that single handedly got us to the semi final?
So what. He talks like he is Ronaldo but when it mattered he couldn't back it up so he has to take the criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back