Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, Mourinho will want the finished article. Lukaku needs to work on his all round game and Mourinho will already have Martial and Rashford to work on.

His only option is PSG really. Arsenal wont pay that much, Pep likes technical players, Mourinho wasnt a fan and there is no way Real Madrid/Barca/Bayern will want him. He doesnt work hard enough for Simeone and I cant imagine Dortmund paying what we want either so that leaves Juve and Chelsea as the only 2 other 'big clubs' - but his dad doesnt want him in Italy as the defending is too good.
That was 3 years ago. Lukaku wasn't the finished article then but he's pretty close now. There's isn't a lot of top class strikers around. If Jose play two up front Rom and Abrahimovic could be deadly.

Very quickly becoming a...

image.webp

image.webp

I hope he goes to Bayern cos I have £20 on him at 25/1. that was a while back though. Seems like an awful bet if I actually stop to think about it.

That was 3 years ago. Lukaku wasn't the finished article then but he's pretty close now. There's isn't a lot of top class strikers around. If Jose play two up front Rom and Abrahimovic could be deadly.

Was going to write a whole load of stuff about why he isn't, and I'm not sure he ever will be the finished article! In the end just decided to put that I don't think he is as good as him and his Dad actually think he is, and having the attitude, as a part of his personality, that he showed since February/March time he'll never be up there with the Messis, Suarez, Ronaldo, and Neymars of this world! May be I'm being too harsh??

Be great if Mosh was prepared to write his monetary worth off and just instructed the hierarchy to shove him in the reserves/under 21s until he learns to keep his trap shut and start to put some effort in where he is before he starts gobbing off about where he wants to go.

I completely disagree with this. His hold up play is terrible, 5ft 4 Jermaine Defoe put him to shame at the SOL the other week. Jose doesnt do 2 upfront and we know Rom wont play 2nd fiddle, so if Ibra goes to Utd then its a no go for Rom.

its time to get a bit firmer - champions league club and £65m or £75m to a non champions league club, otherwise he goes nowhere he has a contract, fed up of him being unprofessional.

Agree, Mourinho will want the finished article. Lukaku needs to work on his all round game and Mourinho will already have Martial and Rashford to work on.

His only option is PSG really. Arsenal wont pay that much, Pep likes technical players, Mourinho wasnt a fan and there is no way Real Madrid/Barca/Bayern/liverpool will want him. He doesnt work hard enough for Simeone and I cant imagine Dortmund paying what we want either so that leaves Juve and Chelsea as the only 2 other 'big clubs' - but his dad doesnt want him in Italy as the defending is too good.

if we're doing the michael owen trail of thought

He's a tit and I'm now completely indifferent towards him leaving. If he goes we better run that cost up though and milk him for everything he's probably not worth.
I tend to agree.
Although if he has a change of heart. I'd take that too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back