Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have realistically four more transfer windows where we can still demand top dollar for him before caving in and accepting something like 40m when he has just 18 months left on his contract. The ball is in our court. I am sure he'll leave, and I am sure it will be for huge, huge money.

These Uriah Heep type posts cast a sad reflection on some of our fans.

We are ever so 'umble, Mr. Rom.....it is very gracious of you to play for our little 'umble club in our little 'umble abode.

Better than our team?

His purple patch last season was mainly due to the fact Gerald Deulefou was setting up chance after chance for him.

Once Del was out the team from the turn of the year onwards the threat from Lukaku diminished.

Apart from the Chelsea goal and a barnstorming performance at Saints away earlier in the season, I am struggling to think of when he imposed himself on a game and made things happen for himself and those around him.

Rom let us down on two season defining moments this season.

The first was when he missed the Hammers penno.

That was the time Moshiri joined, Goodison was on a massive high, we were two nil up and he misses from the spot.

He scores that penalty the last three months if the season might have turned out very differently.

Then we get to Wembley and we have a big moment in a game which could have redeemed our season.

Another penalty......another squandered opportunity.

"better than our team"?

Not on his best day.

Clearly picking a few negative moments out of a terrific career for us will make it easier to part ways, but I'll remember him for being our best goalscorer since Linekar.

I just cant see him going for £65 million at all, maybe £50 mil.
Easily 50 minimum. West Ham made an initial 31m bid for Lazarette who is completely unproven in this league. You have to imagine they've been told he'll cost a lot more and thus they decided to look elsewhere.

We paid 28m two years ago. He is proven over several years and has the best part of 10 years left in him, and won't even reach his peak for another five or six years.

Any buying club is investing in proven quality. 50m should be the starting bid, and other clubs will get involved and it should easily pass 60m.

Just abit of a thought this morning.
I am of the opinion that apart from a few certain examples, footballers have a 12-15 year career at there best before there body begins to give up abit or they cant do what they can do at certain points in there career.
Rooney is a good example of this, he is only 30 yet he has been playing profesional football for 14 years now.
Most normal players begin playng profesionaly at say 19/20 which gives them a retirement/lose it age of about 33-35.
Rom started playing when he was 16 so he has 8 years profesional football behind him already, he could easily be burned out in 4 years and whoever buys him is stuck with a chelsea/torres situation

Easily 50 minimum. West Ham made an initial 31m bid for Lazarette who is completely unproven in this league. You have to imagine they've been told he'll cost a lot more and thus they decided to look elsewhere.

We paid 28m two years ago. He is proven over several years and has the best part of 10 years left in him, and won't even reach his peak for another five or six years.

Any buying club is investing in proven quality. 50m should be the starting bid, and other clubs will get involved and it should easily pass 60m.

But he WANTS to leave, that makes it harder for us to drive price up.

£50 million and sell asap.

I don't even think we will get £50 million!!

But he WANTS to leave, that makes it harder for us to drive price up.

£50 million and sell asap.

I don't even think we will get £50 million!!

We are in a great position though really, he still has years left on his contract, he is young, he scores goals and is a physical beast.

I don't want any player who doesnt want to be here staying. simple as.

But we should rinse whoever is coming in for as much as we can get - the fact we didnt bend over last summer with stones should show we won't be pushed over for less then what we value him at.

And the key with everything in consideration is, what we value him at he will go for.

Not nice to see your best players telling the world they want to leave but let's be honest, can anyone blame him? He's pretty much stopped us being relegated with his goals and we've finished in the bottom half of the table two years in a row.

If he's going to go then it's best he goes now with a new manager incoming and a new style of play, who knows whether it will work to his strengths?

We're set to at least get what we paid for him back in profit and I don't think he will ever be worth much more than his current market value as he's never going to become one of the best in the world to justify 70-80mil+.

Not nice to see your best players telling the world they want to leave but let's be honest, can anyone blame him?

Blame him for what?

Wanting away?

No worries......players come and go. We have lost better players than him in the past and survived so no blame on the lad wanting to leave.

But be a man about it.......slap a in transfer request and see who comes running in to sign you.

Shouting his mouth off and being totally disrespectful to out club, our new owner and most of all us mugs who took him to our hearts and paid his wages.......for that I can totally lay blame on him.

Blame him for what?

Wanting away?

No worries......players come and go. We have lost better players than him in the past and survived so no blame on the lad wanting to leave.

But be a man about it.......slap a in transfer request and see who comes running in to sign you.

Shouting his mouth off and being totally disrespectful to out club, our new owner and most of all us mugs who took him to our hearts and paid his wages.......for that I can totally lay blame on him.

I agree about it being disrespectful like. Should have mentioned that as it comes across as though I'm defending him.

He's done it since he joined us. Every time he goes away with Belgium he starts talking about leaving. Martinez should have stopped that but that was another of his failings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back