Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri can actually mate.

He's rich enough to laugh in the face of £50million.

He can say.

'Romelu. I have seen what you have said in the press. I'm not happy about it. It's very disrespectful and sets a bad prescedent. You're in the reserves until further notice.' :coffee:

Then get back to plotting Everton's new stadium and managerial plans.

My experience of people with money has been that they usually know the value of money and tend not to waste it. I have to qualify that statement with the proviso that my knowledge of the rich is second hand, very much second hand.

Very admirable sentiments. I would make two comments.
I haven't spoken to Lukaku personally so I don't know what he has said and how much of it is paper talk. I'll reserve judgement until Moshiri or the new manager speaks.
If he is completely unhappy at Everton and is engineering a move away we have to understand he is a multi-million pound asset, in business you don't destroy your assets. Unfortunately, if he is being a complete tit,, we can't afford to turn our backs on £50 mill or so.

Agree 100%. He needs a proper slap on the wrists though, the tactless ungrateful melon.

He's done us a favour really as we'll be less arsed when he leaves.

I won't rewrite history and play down his ability now he's going. He is still a cracking talent and a unique one too. But the first requirement I have for Everton players is wanting to be here. So let's get him sold for silly money and bring in a couple of quality strikers who actually want to play for us.

Most normal players begin playng profesionaly at say 19/20 which gives them a retirement/lose it age of about 33-35.
Rom started playing when he was 16 so he has 8 years profesional football behind him already, he could easily be burned out in 4 years and whoever buys him is stuck with a chelsea/torres situation

Looololol some of the tripe on here is amazing. Spin whatever ideas you want to make yourselves feel better about his departure but fact of the matter is Rom is one of the best young attacking talents in world football. Period. He is an elite player that wants to play for an elite level club, and he's recent antics - whilst unprofessional - are all in a calculated effort to ensure that happens.

Looololol some of the tripe on here is amazing. Spin whatever ideas you want to make yourselves feel better about his departure but fact of the matter is Rom is one of the best young attacking talents in world football. Period. He is an elite player that wants to play for an elite level club, and he's recent antics - whilst unprofessional - are all in a calculated effort to ensure that happens.

When he wants to be. Got a touch like an elephant got an attitude of a 5 year old kid. I don't want him to leave but he will be off as long as someone is willing to pay the transfer fee. Showed no respect for the club or the fans which is a shame. I won't miss him but I've got a feeling we will miss him next season

When he wants to be. Got a touch like an elephant got an attitude of a 5 year old kid. I don't want him to leave but he will be off as long as someone is willing to pay the transfer fee. Showed no respect for the club or the fans which is a shame. I won't miss him but I've got a feeling we will miss him next season

Remember the age: a couple of weeks ago he was still 22! current attitude/bad touch etc. is expected, no player is the polished product at such an age. The thought of what Lukaku will be like at age 26 is frightening

Sell him for the biggest possible offer and run away... He thinks he is better than this club. No place for idiots like him here. The worst thing is he openly said in an interview he was not giving it 100% during the 2nd half of the last season. And was poorer than Anichebe ever was for us in the match of the season and EFC career defining match for Martínez and really poor since that Chelsea match. His ego is too big. According to him he had a great season for us. Maybe the first half of the season he had. Since then? Lol, maybe even Niasse would score more goals than him. Hopefully Lukaku never wears our royal blue shirt again.

Remember the age: a couple of weeks ago he was still 22! current attitude/bad touch etc. is expected, no player is the polished product at such an age. The thought of what Lukaku will be like at age 26 is frightening

Burnt out by 26. My footballing age algarythm tells me he would be in his 10th year of profesional football by 26. And have 3 decent years in him tops after that

Sell him for the biggest possible offer and run away... He thinks he is better than this club. No place for idiots like him here.

"Run away" - mediocrity that. Handling egos is part of success - successful people have egos. Can't have the circus if you arent prepared to deal with the clowns lel

"Run away" - mediocrity that. Handling egos is part of success - successful people have egos. Can't have the circus if you arent prepared to deal with the clowns lel
No, it is the part of moneyball. Sell overrated players that don't want to play for you, buy better replacement for less money.

Burnt out by 26. My footballing age algarythm tells me he would be in his 10th year of profesional football by 26. And have 3 decent years in him tops after that

Do you actually think he will be 'burnt out' by age 26? and after that he'll only have decent years left in him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back