Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm repeating myself here; but I want people to imagine what it must have been like training under the phenomenally inept R Martinez for THREE years.
No wonder the lad talks Johnny Depp-like wham...and wants out.
Martinez drove me bananas 18 months go!
I hope he stays and Koeman lends him proper direction...like a proper manager should

I agree, if Koeman/Morishi can persuade him to stay, and we sign a couple of talented boss Mexicans who are as good as Deulofeu for setting Lukaku up, he could score about 50 next year! (OK he'll deffo miss 20 of those but still)

As much as I want to keep him (and I do, believe me), I can't help think that the moment he switched agents, he was gone. This agent of his was someone Alex Ferguson detested - that' saying something for me.

I'll be agog if he's still here come September, I'm not sure anything will retain him.

He's gonna be one of those players who always switches clubs, and it's a shame because he could be a proper legend here if he stays at this moment in time. That's football agents though.....
It's a combination of the agent and Lukaku himself being a bad bell. He has always looked beyond Everton, IMO that's his downfall. He thinks he's ready for the main stage, considering his showing in 2 semi finals and his record against the top clubs in the league, he's nowhere near that level.
It's a shame he's not sticking around as we will add quality but whatever, we shouldn't be walking on eggshells around a player who doesn't want to be here.

I agree, if Koeman/Morishi can persuade him to stay, and we sign a couple of talented boss Mexicans who are as good as Deulofeu for setting Lukaku up, he could score about 50 next year! (OK he'll deffo miss 20 of those but still)
I'm not sure the club will try that hard to keep him. Most evertonians I know and from what I read on here don't want him at the club anymore , regardless of his goal scoring exploits , if you disrespect your club/team mates the gtfo.

I'm not sure the club will try that hard to keep him. Most evertonians I know and from what I read on here don't want him at the club anymore , regardless of his goal scoring exploits , if you disrespect your club/team mates the gtfo.
Exactly. He's pretty much like empty shell to evertonians. ..never really embraced the club.

With his big massive ego out of the changing room there'll be plenty of room for the rest to shine next season.If your not a team player we don't want you.

Everything's so up in the air at the moment, we've got absolutely no clue what Everton will look like come the start of the season.

Given we're undergoing such a transformation, and that we now seem to be awash with both cash and ambition, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lukaku shut his mouth and still be here next season.

Equally, he may still leave. Anything's possible.

Given we're undergoing such a transformation, and that we now seem to be awash with both cash and ambition, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lukaku shut his mouth and still be here next season.

Equally, he may still leave. Anything's possible.

Exactly. I don't think the club has given up on retaining him. Raiola has met with Moshiri on several occasions in recent weeks.

Exactly. I don't think the club has given up on retaining him. Raiola has met with Moshiri on several occasions in recent weeks.

That's interesting. The party line in newspapers regarding stones and Barkley is that they will be offered new terms but consistently with lukaku it has been a suggestion we will let him go at the right price. Maybe moshiri is as fed up as all of us with a player who continues to undermine the club and what it is trying to now achieve under moshiri.

No chance they will pay that much surely?

Juve have funds but yeah no guarantees they'll put all their eggs in the one basket - so to speak - and sign Rom. He's close mates with Pogba so wouldn't surprise if he's having a word to Allergri/Agnelli and pulling some strings.

his old man reckons he is too [Poor language removed] to play against italian defenders

I agree I think he'll get somewhat found out, Italian football doesn't really suit his style as your expected to be a real reference point capable of creating for others as well; Lukaku lacks such touch. I'm pretty confident he'll leave England and i'm certain its not for Real or Barca. So there's not many "champions league" types left. According to Italian newspapers talks between Rom and Juve have already begun. PSG would make sense though... they clearly have the funds and Rom - the success hungry flat track bully that he is - would soak it up at PSG. League title after title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back