Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
guarantee you that if lukaku stays, and we sign some players who aren't cheap as hell then lukaku will score 30 goals minimum next season.

he got to 25 when the team stopped playing in march, imagine what having 2-3 sources of creativity in the team over 90 minutes would do for him?
I think of City when they started bringing in top quality signings it improved the players already there. For a couple of seasons Steve Ireland looked a cracking player. If (big if) we signed elite level players it would bring out the best in Rom, Ross and Geri.

I think of City when they started bringing in top quality signings it improved the players already there. For a couple of seasons Steve Ireland looked a cracking player. If (big if) we signed elite level players it would bring out the best in Rom, Ross and Geri.
We just need to create. Lukaku on fire with barkley and del creating, called lazy when barkley is knackered and del is dropped.

the same last year, nobody passed it to him and people called him lazy for it. He is the perfect striker in my eyes, big and strong, 80% of the time he will score, bit of pace, can hold the ball up when needed to. He just needs a top coach NOW to refine it all into perfecting it.

The way some (or it seems, most of the vocal ones) fans treat him and Stones, I'm not surprised they'd want to leave.
Just take a look at the comments for one of his pictures on Rom' official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Romeluluka....1465472176./1107864782587874/?type=3&theater

He's 23 ffs. As if ambition is a crime. You want him to say negative things about the club? Treat him like this and that's what you get.
If he stays, great, we don't need to look for a replacement. If he leaves, he leaves and we get a big bag of money. People need to grow up and stop being so bitter.
He has said negative things about the club and his teammates openly, whilst the fans adored him -it's his comments that made people turn like this.

People need to start realising that.

His teammates will think he's a tit for the things he has said.

The way some (or it seems, most of the vocal ones) fans treat him and Stones, I'm not surprised they'd want to leave.
Just take a look at the comments for one of his pictures on Rom' official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Romeluluka....1465472176./1107864782587874/?type=3&theater

He's 23 ffs. As if ambition is a crime. You want him to say negative things about the club? Treat him like this and that's what you get.
If he stays, great, we don't need to look for a replacement. If he leaves, he leaves and we get a big bag of money. People need to grow up and stop being so bitter.

Agree 100%

It's like he's intentionally burning his boats or something.

He has said negative things about the club and his teammates openly, whilst the fans adored him -it's his comments that made people turn like this.

People need to start realising that.

His teammates will think he's a tit for the things he has said.

It's like he's intentionally burning his boats or something.
He is doing exactly that, bound to bring out the snide in some of his fans.

Nobody would be grating him if he just said 'promises made to me weren't kept and thus I am ready to take on the next step of my career, thanks to everton for the time and support'
But that wouldn't guarantee him a transfer out would it!

The majority of you are missing the point.

Lukaku failed to score in 11 games on the bounce at the end of the season after missing a really important penalty, he then openly blamed his team for all of it.

You think baines Barry etc are all buzzing to play with him again? I think not. He has disrepected the blues on purpose, to burn bridges as aforementioned by orchard.

The majority of you are missing the point.

Lukaku failed to score in 11 games on the bounce at the end of the season after missing a really important penalty, he then openly blamed his team for all of it.

You think baines Barry etc are all buzzing to play with him again? I think not. He has disrepected the blues on purpose, to burn bridges as aforementioned by orchard.
He's a selfish child and in any other job would be fired for disrespecting his employers openly

Does the re-signing of Gibson get you all excited then mate?

Does the re-signing of Gibson get you all excited then mate?
I am hopeful that by not dismantling the squad completely the funds available can be used on fewer but higher quality players rather than a larger number of lesser quality players.
I expect that Osman, Pienaar, Hibbert will be allowed leave, Howard has already gone. I think it likely that Kone , McGeady will have very little part to play and there are big question marks over Oviedo and Niasse.
That is a possible eight players who will leave, go out on loan or let their contracts run down.
Stone and Lukaku may bring that to ten.

How many new players do you want to bring into the squad ? When you think that some of the signings may not be made until after the Euros and that some of our own players may not be back until quite close to the start of the new season when they get a break after they are finished with the Euros.

We run the risk of having a squad of players that do not have enough time to get to know each others style of play. The new manager must believe that Gibson has something to contribute and I think when he eventually comes back from holidays one of his first tasks will be to assess the youngsters to see if they will have a part to play.
It looks as if the older fringe players have already been assessed.

I am hopeful that by not dismantling the squad completely the funds available can be used on fewer but higher quality players rather than a larger number of lesser quality players.
I expect that Osman, Pienaar, Hibbert will be allowed leave, Howard has already gone. I think it likely that Kone , McGeady will have very little part to play and there are big question marks over Oviedo and Niasse.
That is a possible eight players who will leave, go out on loan or let their contracts run down.
Stone and Lukaku may bring that to ten.

How many new players do you want to bring into the squad ? When you think that some of the signings may not be made until after the Euros and that some of our own players may not be back until quite close to the start of the new season when they get a break after they are finished with the Euros.

We run the risk of having a squad of players that do not have enough time to get to know each others style of play. The new manager must believe that Gibson has something to contribute and I think when he eventually comes back from holidays one of his first tasks will be to assess the youngsters to see if they will have a part to play.
It looks as if the older fringe players have already been assessed.
We need to start shopping for top end talent now. 2 or 3 minimum top end £30m+ players straight into the starting 11.
The Gibsons of the squad can't be in the starting 11.

Some of you melts needs to get your priorities straight. Getting a wide on over a director of football 99% of you had never heard of until last week when we have a player like Lukaku on the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back