Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody saying Lukaku isn't that good needs a head check.

Best forward we've had in a good while.

Shame he's acting like a tit but that doesn't take away from his quite obvious quality as a 23-year-old.

If he goes, it's because a club has met our valuation. I'll be sad to see him leave but equally confident we'll get adequate replacements in.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Yes he's had some bad misses (particularly in that semi final, sadly) - perhaps you can find a striker in the PL who hasn't? Augero missed a few sitters last season.

Mourinho sold him (effectively) 3-4yrs ago when he started loaning him out every season. He's a significantly better player than he was back then. He's significantly better than he was even when he joined us permanently.

I'm just not a fan of this revisionist history. He may not be quite as good as he thinks he is, but he is comfortably the best striker we've had at the club in at least 20yrs, and we'll be poorer for him leaving - it's VERY unlikely that at this stage we'll be able to recruit someone of his quality as a replacement.

This spot on.

I do think we'll get quality replacements in, but doubt they'll be as good or better than Rom (at least straight away, anyway)

The problem he has got, is that our valuation is higher than his market value, and with 3 years left on his deal we have no pressure to sell.

Therefore someone is going have to pay over the odds for him to get his desired move this summer.

He needs a good Euro's imo, otherwise his options could be zero....

The problem he has got, is that our valuation is higher than his market value, and with 3 years left on his deal we have no pressure to sell.

Therefore someone is going have to pay over the odds for him to get his desired move this summer.

Perfect position to be in for Everton. :)

Get your head down, Romelu, have a good Euros and hope some club is prepared to come in and offer 60 odd million for your services.

Lets look at this a different way. If you are happy to get £65 million for Rom. Who would you spend that money on recruiting and what is the likelihood they would come and how much would they cost. In other words its not just about would they be cheaper it very much depends on whether they would consider Everton a step up from their existing club and if other clubs who are playing in Europe would also be in for them. I suspect the list of candidates meeting that criteria who would be a match for Rom never mind a step up is very small indeed.

The way some (or it seems, most of the vocal ones) fans treat him and Stones, I'm not surprised they'd want to leave.
Just take a look at the comments for one of his pictures on Rom' official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Romeluluka....1465472176./1107864782587874/?type=3&theater
You are nothing but average, last 7 games of the season you was ****. You, your dad and agent are all ****. No one is bigger than the club. COYB

Have you not ***** off to your champions league beautiful club yet? So they can realise your touch is **** and you control a ball further than most can kick it! Then spend all your time sitting on the bench, you ungrateful, disrespectful daddies boy.Everton are far bigger than you will ever be!

He's 23 ffs. As if ambition is a crime. You want him to say negative things about the club? Treat him like this and that's what you get.
If he stays, great, we don't need to look for a replacement. If he leaves, he leaves and we get a big bag of money. People need to grow up and stop being so bitter.

Last edited:
Surely any team interested in buying Rom would have made their moves before the Euros? His value is quite likely to increase afterwards, even more so considering his scoring record in the recent warm ups.

For me if Koeman can keep stone, Barkley, and mainly the big one in Lukaku he has a chance next season by adding creativity in midfield and sort our defence keeper situation out we could be easily up there;)

Totally agree and when it happens, just watch his shark of an agent come to us saying that Rom will be happy to sign a new £120k per week contract after we've dished out big wages to new signings and the likes of barkley/stones. Probably trying to get a release fee set in it.

I'm actually relaxed about lukaku. 3 years on his contract means we dictate the fee. If no one pays the price, he stays where he is and we have a 20 plus goal a season striker. The beauty now is that we potentially could buy another mainline striker (which we need as our only other options are Kone and Niasse) and if Rom doesn't book up his ideas, he will start the season on the bench...

guarantee you that if lukaku stays, and we sign some players who aren't cheap as hell then lukaku will score 30 goals minimum next season.

he got to 25 when the team stopped playing in march, imagine what having 2-3 sources of creativity in the team over 90 minutes would do for him?

Surely any team interested in buying Rom would have made their moves before the Euros? His value is quite likely to increase afterwards, even more so considering his scoring record in the recent warm ups.

Maybe but so but without us having a manager I dont really think we could risk talking to anyone, not if we are trying at the same time to attract a decent name manager, selling your star player while trying to look attractive to a newcomer would be counter productive.
These Euros are bad timing for a lot of people this summer, players wanting to move, managers wanting to bring names in, once the comp is over or sides start to go out I can see it starting to get messy real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back