Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Ronnie can talk him round as Rom is boss and will improve. A happy Rom could goon the rampage next season. But if he want's out let him go.

Yeah, that **** 20-25 goal a season striker. Absolutely useless. Dunno why we bought him.
(n)
Not denying he is a good player, but his purple patch came about when Deulofeu was at his best.
I have not looked at the stats. but I would guess that a very high percentage of his goals came from direct assists by Deulofeu and after Del went out of the team Lukaku's goals more or less dried up as well.

It would be interesting as well over the season to see how many bad misses he had, let's start with the cup semi final.

We all know he is a good player and I certainly would like him to stay at Everton and see him improve further. But, there certainly are defects in his game and I believe that he thinks he is better than he actually is.
However, I do not believe any of the top teams are interested in him and there is a reason for that, just as there was a reason for Mourinho selling him in the first place. I think it is probably PSG for him or equally as likely when no big team declares an interest that he decides to stay at Everton under the new manager.

If he does he will find life very difficult as Koeman will not tolerate some of the lazy half baked efforts we have seen from Rom this season.

Not denying he is a good player, but his purple patch came about when Deulofeu was at his best.
I have not looked at the stats. but I would guess that a very high percentage of his goals came from direct assists by Deulofeu and after Del went out of the team Lukaku's goals more or less dried up as well.

It would be interesting as well over the season to see how many bad misses he had, let's start with the cup semi final.

We all know he is a good player and I certainly would like him to stay at Everton and see him improve further. But, there certainly are defects in his game and I believe that he thinks he is better than he actually is.
However, I do not believe any of the top teams are interested in him and there is a reason for that, just as there was a reason for Mourinho selling him in the first place. I think it is probably PSG for him or equally as likely when no big team declares an interest that he decides to stay at Everton under the new manager.

If he does he will find life very difficult as Koeman will not tolerate some of the lazy half baked efforts we have seen from Rom this season.

PSG have one aim with any player they will bring in - or any staff at all, 'are they going to help us win the CL' - Lukaku could score 70 in the league and they honestly wouldn't care a bit, all that club and its owner wants is to win the CL - so the quaetion then becomes - is Lukaku good enough to push PSG on in the CL over what Ibra and Cavainni could do - simple answer is he is a downgrade on both currently, maybe in a couple of years the answer would be different, but right now he is good but not world class by a long shot, Suarez and Bale both showed the effect a world class player has in a 'decent' side

Simply he is worth a huge amount more to us and is rated higher by us, because we are where we are and we have been starved of a semi decent striker since the days of Sharp (one yak season and some decent games by Ferguson aside) - Lukaku is a mile ahead of the forwards weve been watching at Goodison for years, but at the likes of Chelsea, Barca, MAdrid, PSG etc they are used to seeing genuinely world class forwards playing and Lukaku is not in that bracket by a decent way

This thread will go down in histor4y for the biggest vaulting oppertunity ever.

Basically a 25 goals striker is poor , not good enough, should be sold etc.

Said it last year when people criticised him, how do you expect him to score goals when the team don't create them for him?! He had one bad game, sadly it was the cup semi, fair enough. But it was a top striker scoring 2 individual goals the round before that got us there.

Said it since day one, Lukakau will be world class one day, he will be scoring for fun and playing for a top team. That will be the day everyone who doubted him here will look foolish. Just watch who he ends up signing for this summer, to see how rated he is outside of this fan base.

PSG have one aim with any player they will bring in - or any staff at all, 'are they going to help us win the CL' - Lukaku could score 70 in the league and they honestly wouldn't care a bit, all that club and its owner wants is to win the CL - so the quaetion then becomes - is Lukaku good enough to push PSG on in the CL over what Ibra and Cavainni could do - simple answer is he is a downgrade on both currently, maybe in a couple of years the answer would be different, but right now he is good but not world class by a long shot, Suarez and Bale both showed the effect a world class player has in a 'decent' side

Simply he is worth a huge amount more to us and is rated higher by us, because we are where we are and we have been starved of a semi decent striker since the days of Sharp (one yak season and some decent games by Ferguson aside) - Lukaku is a mile ahead of the forwards weve been watching at Goodison for years, but at the likes of Chelsea, Barca, MAdrid, PSG etc they are used to seeing genuinely world class forwards playing and Lukaku is not in that bracket by a decent way

So if we all know that it's pretty safe to assume all the top coaches know that then why do so many think his value is even north of say £35 million?The answer is because he is far better than some are giving him credit for.That said he is not worth anywhere near £65 million at top he is in the £40-45 million bracket in my opinion.

Let's face it City are just about to pay just £58 milion( notice how blaise I was I saying that) for a genuinely world class player who is only a few months into a new contract, who said he doesn't want to leave his current club and is playing in top Eureopean club and league?

As an aside I think Cavani will be number one at PSG next season and their are strong rumours that their back up striker will be none other that Van Persie

Look, Lukaku isn't useless. Obviously. He's an instinctive goalscorer and now proven to be one of the very best strikers in the world when playing off the shoulder - he couldn't have scored that goal against Chelsea if he wasn't a top drawer talent.

Now here's the "but" part... he's not a consistent actual footballer, and that's the point I've tried to make over and over again, but people just read it as "Tubey is saying Lukaku is crap".

He has hot streaks where he is involved in everything, but they're just that - streaks. In his three years here, he's only really had about 8 to 10 months approx where he hasn't been a liability in our overall play in games, which would be his first few months up until Christmas, and a few months where he was unplayable last season. Yes, he has scored consistently, but his reputation for laziness and ping pong shins exists for a reason, because for large chunks of his time here he would have games where he would do nothing for 89 minutes but pop up and score. We couldn't rely on him being involved in any given game, and if he didn't score we may as well have played with 10 men.

At the very top level, that isn't good enough. And it's why, despite his scoring record, nobody can envisage any truly top clubs going for him - it's PSG and Chelsea right now, and that's hardly Barcelona and Real.

I want Lukaku to stay at Everton, because he's had the misfortune of being managed by Roberto Martinez and he's still scored that many goals and occasionally looked impressive. There's huge potential there. However, I'm not one of those who will be gutted if he goes, as long as it's for stupid money, because I don't think he's irreplaceable - certainly not under the intent being shown by Moshiri.

So if we all know that it's pretty safe to assume all the top coaches know that then why do so many think his value is even north of say £35 million?The answer is because he is far better than some are giving him credit for.That said he is not worth anywhere near £65 million at top he is in the £40-45 million bracket in my opinion.

Let's face it City are just about to pay just £58 milion( notice how blaise I was I saying that) for a genuinely world class player who is only a few months into a new contract, who said he doesn't want to leave his current club and is playing in top Eureopean club and league?

As an aside I think Cavani will be number one at PSG next season and their are strong rumours that their back up striker will be none other that Van Persie

Thing is mate, there has been a massive amount of media talk since last summer about Lukaku, loads of talk from the player himself, his agent and even his dad, every pundit for 2 years running has banged on about his value and how he will move to xyz team

Thing is no one has actually bid on him despite all this speculation, why? because we set a value on him above what he is realistically worth to toehrs, he IS worth 60m to us for example, but to Juve, Dortmund, Bayern etc no he isn't he is a 35m worth forward.

Athletic Bilbao very rarely sell their players - because the value of that player to the team is worth more than it is to any buyer (basque only rule compounds that really)

Everton realise that IF they sell Lukaku then it will cost 30m to replace him and then it will likely be with a Benteke type (a downgrade) or having to take a risk, theres no incentive except to vastly overpay for him to make us want to sell, hence the overvaluing of him that we have done, IS Lukaku a 65m worth player - no chance he is, but for us thats what he is worth, unless another team has a similar poutlook and is depserate with money not an option (see united or PSG) then he wont be sold this summer

Now that may change should he absolutely tear the euros apart, but if he doesnt cant see why a club will pay what we want, and we arent willing sellers so they will have to?

This thread will go down in histor4y for the biggest vaulting oppertunity ever.

Basically a 25 goals striker is poor , not good enough, should be sold etc.

Said it last year when people criticised him, how do you expect him to score goals when the team don't create them for him?! He had one bad game, sadly it was the cup semi, fair enough. But it was a top striker scoring 2 individual goals the round before that got us there.

Said it since day one, Lukakau will be world class one day, he will be scoring for fun and playing for a top team. That will be the day everyone who doubted him here will look foolish. Just watch who he ends up signing for this summer, to see how rated he is outside of this fan base.
Only reason to sell him is if he is adamant he doesn't want to be here and downs tools like the last 3 months of the season. He was a disgrace during that period but he is a brilliant striker when he fancies it. No idea what is going on in his head, I expect him to have a chat with Koeman after the euros and we will know more after that. Signing a few decent players in the meantime will help if Koeman wants him to stay.

If he doesn't want to be here then get rid, 15-20 goals can be replaced. Not including the penalties which Baines would have slotted anyway, because Martinez clearly wanted to boost Lukaku's numbers

Only reason to sell him is if he is adamant he doesn't want to be here and downs tools like the last 3 months of the season. He was a disgrace during that period but he is a brilliant striker when he fancies it. No idea what is going on in his head, I expect him to have a chat with Koeman after the euros and we will know more after that. Signing a few decent players in the meantime will help if Koeman wants him to stay.
I fully agree with him that he wants to go. And i fully agree that we should sell him also.

Look, he is banging goals in for a mid table team and as this season proved, he was even scoring regulary and still not winning games. He can go on to be classed as a world class striker one day so he is wasting his career being here.

On the other side from what he has said in the media, yes get rid. Only want players commited to the cause to play for the shirt.

and i believe he is the second most unsellable player in the squad, top young goal scorer should be almost unsellable, but 50 million plus and yes, get rid.

Would be boss if we could keep him. He's scored 61 goals in 127 games for us, I'm not arsed if he can have a dodgy touch from time to time or he doesn't chase back 50 yards when he loses it, if he can score that many goals in a team which has been pretty naff for 2/3rds of his time here then he could be an absolute monster if Koeman got it right.

I think Lukaku can improve further, but it's not as if he is just starting to learn the game. He has played 73 for Anderlecht and has 149 premiership appearances behind him. If we add cup games and international games we are talking about a very experienced international footballer.
To improve, I think he needs to realise that he is not as good as he thinks he is. He needs to work harder and he needs to shut his big mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back