Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss that? Not taking the proverbial, but I haven't read that.

His goals kept us above any relegation battle mate. Young striker with his best ahead of him. Keep at all costs for me.
He was quoted saying his teammates performances weren't up to his own standards in the final few 'difficult' weeks at Everton. A very professional way of saying so...

Did I miss that? Not taking the proverbial, but I haven't read that.

His goals kept us above any relegation battle mate. Young striker with his best ahead of him. Keep at all costs for me.
Something like this:

“In recent weeks, Everton were difficult, as a forward it also depends on the performance of my teammates , but I still continued to work hard . I’m mentally quite ready to start this Euro.”

Work hard he says

He was quoted saying his teammates performances weren't up to his own standards in the final few 'difficult' weeks at Everton. A very professional way of saying so...
Ah ok. I stopped caring myself towards the end to be honest so don't read much ;)

Something like this:

“In recent weeks, Everton were difficult, as a forward it also depends on the performance of my teammates , but I still continued to work hard . I’m mentally quite ready to start this Euro.”

Work hard he says
He's talking the talk of a top international striker no doubt. Needs to show it at these Euros from here on in.

Still, I want him to stay and add quality players into the starting 11 around him.

Well I agree with him mate. They were rubbish. He saved our butts last season with his goals until he stopped caringotherwise who knows where we would be now.

And that highlighted part is why so many of our friends on here are laughing at Rom tonight, Kith :)

A player whom stops "caring" about the club we all live for pretty soon becomes persona non grata at Goodison :(

A night to forget for him. Usually he'd paper the cracks of his terrible performance by putting his chances away put he horribly skied the one he got. This tournament will be a humbling experience for him. If you can't link up with world class players like Hazard & De Bruyne then you should probably stop slagging off your teammates & club in public

And that highlighted part is why so many of our friends on here are laughing at Rom tonight, Kith :)

A player whom stops "caring" about the club we all live for pretty soon becomes persona non grata at Goodison :(
Mate, I stopped caring myself :p

That's what we had become under our previous Manager. That can change in an instant with the new Manager and a couple of top signings.

He's talking the talk of a top international striker no doubt. Needs to show it at these Euros from here on in.

Still, I want him to stay and add quality players into the starting 11 around him.
I very much want him to stay, but I want him to want to stay? If you get me. Otherwise what's the point?

Barkley, and Lukaku have been very much 'immune' to criticism at times this season - either down to being a 'blue' or being the 'best we've had since xxxxx' and I think that's very wrong!

Seems like most on here are rather pleased that Rom had a poor game tonight.

And I agree that he was far, far from what we know he is capable of.

But so were most of the Belgium team and Italy are the masters of defence.

I'm not suggesting that this exempts Rom from working harder and 'putting himself about a bit' and in general working harder to improve his all-round game, especially his first touch.

He spouted off and so has his father and maybe he is angling for a move because in similar fashion to that which Rooney acted, he feels he needs to play at a higher level than Everton have achieved in the past two seasons.

I've been as annoyed as everyone else with some of the lack-lustre performances in the latter stages of the season for us, but he wasn't on his own in that respect.

So while we wait confirmation of the new manager and then await how he perceives the nature of the Everton squad and exactly where he thinks it needs strengthening to achieve the style of play he wants, and hopefully massively improved results and level of performance... as far as Rom is concerned, I'm prepared to cut him a little, not a lot, a little bit of slack in the hope that he does get his head down and work on his game in all areas, and comes out firing on all cylinders come the start of the new season.

Bit harsh. I wouldn't have stayed under Roberto Martinez. Let's see what eventuates.

In fairness you wouldn't have been their under Martinez, or any manager for that matter. And what's 'eventuates' mean...you must've made that up. Great effort mind.
I think people are just venting frustration after the disrespect him and old Man Lukaku mouthed off to the press belittling Everton. When you shout from the rooftops, everyone hears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back