Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like most on here are rather pleased that Rom had a poor game tonight.

And I agree that he was far, far from what we know he is capable of.

But so were most of the Belgium team and Italy are the masters of defence.

I'm not suggesting that this exempts Rom from working harder and 'putting himself about a bit' and in general working harder to improve his all-round game, especially his first touch.

He spouted off and so has his father and maybe he is angling for a move because in similar fashion to that which Rooney acted, he feels he needs to play at a higher level than Everton have achieved in the past two seasons.

I've been as annoyed as everyone else with some of the lack-lustre performances in the latter stages of the season for us, but he wasn't on his own in that respect.

So while we wait confirmation of the new manager and then await how he perceives the nature of the Everton squad and exactly where he thinks it needs strengthening to achieve the style of play he wants, and hopefully massively improved results and level of performance... as far as Rom is concerned, I'm prepared to cut him a little, not a lot, a little bit of slack in the hope that he does get his head down and work on his game in all areas, and comes out firing on all cylinders come the start of the new season.
There really is no maybe about it. Him and his Dad thought the move would happen before the Euros even and said as much. Like a few others have said unless he releases some statement near enough to a retraction of some of the stuff he has said I will cut him NO slack.

he'll be devasted i'm sure

Those Italian defenders are some of the finest in world football but for a lad of his size and speed he really needs to be troubling every defender over 90 minutes. They looked so comfortable.

I mean Wilmots is an absolute retard playing 1 up front vs 3 central defenders mind.

There really is no maybe about it. Him and his Dad thought the move would happen before the Euros even and said as much. Like a few others have said unless he releases some statement near enough to a retraction of some of the stuff he has said I will cut him NO slack.

he'll be devasted i'm sure

If memory serves me correctly, Rom suggested he had a preferred destination but wouldn't say who or where.
To me, that was degree of carrot dangling, hoping to generate some or wider interest.

His lunatic, desperate for a handout from a rich son, father was the one who said it would likely be done before the Euros.

On the evidence purely of tonight, he'll be an Everton player next season, something I've said all along since this crazy transfer talk began.

If memory serves me correctly, Rom suggested he had a preferred destination but wouldn't say who or where.
To me, that was degree of carrot dangling, hoping to generate some or wider interest.

His lunatic, desperate for a handout from a rich son, father was the one who said it would likely be done before the Euros.

On the evidence purely of tonight, he'll be an Everton player next season, something I've said all along since this crazy transfer talk began.
Tend to agree.
For me he is looking for Chelsea or Man Utd.
The only other two are Juventus or PSG. If they pay the 60m which I doubt anyone will for Lukaku.

Be surprised if he starts the next game now, tonight was an absolute stinker for him and he's bound to get slaughtered in the press all over the continent.

Tonight should serve as a huge reality check to him and all the idiots around him like his old man who fill his head with gas, he has an awful long way to go before being a top class player and you can't keep banging on about wanting to play amongst the elite and win trophies if you keep putting in abject performances in big games. Needs to shut his gob and just work on improving because several aspects of his game are still absolutely woeful.

No one will pay what we'll ask for him I'm pretty damn sure about that. Maybe if he downs tools next season we'll be inclined to sell on the cheap as he'll be bad for morale.

Him saying he knows where he wants to go was definitely an attempt to shock other teams into upping their interest. Hadn't done jack so far.

A night to forget for him. Usually he'd paper the cracks of his terrible performance by putting his chances away put he horribly skied the one he got. This tournament will be a humbling experience for him. If you can't link up with world class players like Hazard & De Bruyne then you should probably stop slagging off your teammates & club in public
So as a Chelsea fan you wouldnt want him back?

Awkward situation all round here. Be surprised if he starts another game in the Euro's. Be surprised if Everton teammates are keen to see him back after his comments too.
Ron has a lot of work to do should he ever sign a contract.

A night to forget for him. Usually he'd paper the cracks of his terrible performance by putting his chances away put he horribly skied the one he got. This tournament will be a humbling experience for him. If you can't link up with world class players like Hazard & De Bruyne then you should probably stop slagging off your teammates & club in public

De Bruyne was absolutely dreadful btw.

This is going to be like those times where I thought I'd only have to watch Neville and Howard for a season or two, and then they stayed for about 50 years.

It was funny when Conte realised that this was who Chelsea are trying to buy for him, and promptly had a nose bleed.

Least it might give us a chance to watch that Batshuayi for a bit. I hope Rom's ego takes a good kicking like it did after the World Cup. Thinks he's of Ibra stature to his team when he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back