Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
he scores a goal every 2 games. We'd be mad to let him go. even if he is a plonker.

We sell him and we are a laughing stock, question is why would he want to leave? What is wrong with staying at Everton?

Big players have big attitudes, if we are looking to turn into the type of side that buys name players with big price tags, they type that Moshiri might be able to afford, they often come with a ego and an annoying agent. If Lukaku can't be happy at Everton chances are a lot of other top players won't want to stick it out either. We have to look at why, don't forget Stones also wanted/wants to go but for some reason we are turning a blind eye to that.

You only have to look at Liverpool, every decent player they have wants to jump ship, and they have CL football sometimes to offer as well, but the decent ones want out all the time, Suarez, Alonso, Mascherano, maybe more, they can't keep players, we have to or we will never get anywhere.

We made a statement keeping Stones and Baines recently, we have to do it with Lukaku, his moaning and attitude we have to deal with as we need his goals.

We sell him and we are a laughing stock, question is why would he want to leave? What is wrong with staying at Everton?

Big players have big attitudes, if we are looking to turn into the type of side that buys name players with big price tags, they type that Moshiri might be able to afford, they often come with a ego and an annoying agent. If Lukaku can't be happy at Everton chances are a lot of other top players won't want to stick it out either. We have to look at why, don't forget Stones also wanted/wants to go but for some reason we are turning a blind eye to that.

You only have to look at Liverpool, every decent player they have wants to jump ship, and they have CL football sometimes to offer as well, but the decent ones want out all the time, Suarez, Alonso, Mascherano, maybe more, they can't keep players, we have to or we will never get anywhere.

We made a statement keeping Stones and Baines recently, we have to do it with Lukaku, his moaning and attitude we have to deal with as we need his goals.
Difference with that analogy is that all those players went to Barca or Real, whereas Lukaku wants to move to Man Utd or Chelsea or something mad.

Yes, I still want him to stay, I'd love him to be the first to score 100 goals for Everton since Graeme Sharp. In fact I'd love him to become second only to Dixie Dean by beating Sharp's record of 159 goals. If he stays another 4 seasons he would that.

If the question was as simple as the club's financial ability to keep a focused, talented player who would want to be here, I'd absolutely agree. But just because we CAN afford to keep him doesn't mean we ought to. For all his talent, the cost in dignity to the club to retain and REWARD a player who repeatedly and persistently speaks with such reckless contempt for the notion that Everton are good enough for his ambitions is too much--especially when the club now has the finances to replace him (not that I'm saying that such a thing would be easy). What signal does it send to the rest of the squad to reward such an egregious lack of professionalism in this manner? What tone does it set in a new era where Everton ought to be looked at as a destination to make the first significant player move in the form of a ridiculously lucrative contract for a want-away? Some people call that ambition. But if my wife told me she didn't love me anymore and wanted someone else, offering her a bigger house and money to spend might keep her for a bit, but it wouldn't change her heart and it certainly wouldn't keep her from bringing up the issue of leaving again in the future. There's ZERO dignity in such an approach. Everton ought to now be above this mentality moving forward.

Maybe so. It must be a belgian thing..

I've no idea what he's already definitely on ?

Or, indeed what other guaranteed 20 goals a season strikers are already on ?

£140k a week is just giving him what he's already on plus Osman, Hibbert and Pienaars wages... at a huge guess like ??
It's 60k a week more than he's on. Which is about Pienaar (45k if memory serves) + half of Hibbert's wages

Right now I couldn't give flying Duck if he goes, but if he puts on the royal blue jersey at the start of the season I will support him obviously.
I cant be doing with players who don't want to play for us no more, no matter how good they are!! I cant see where he is going to go anyway...
Arsenal Don't spend big money doubt it
United: Mourinho sold him so again doubt it
City: wouldn't get a game above Aguero
Spurs: got Kane
Chelsea: not in the champions league
PSG: possibly with Ibrahimovic going to the mancs but just got Emery so no idea
He is Miles away from the elite teams Barca, Bayern, Real,

Looking at it we are his best option, I mean what's in his head where does he expect to be..
Juve if they cash in on morata?

Now he's turned his attention away from wanting champions league football (no club in it wants him or can afford him) to wanting to go to a team with a big project. What's wrong with the 'project' at Everton Rom. New manager, new owner with significant funds to invest, potential new DOF and possible new waterfront stadium. Is that not a big enough 'project' for him. Think he needs to knuckle down and concentrate more on his football than his interviews at present.

Everton-v-Fulham-Denis-Stracqualursi-celeb_2709202.jpg
Unless he sorts his attitude out, he's not an Everton player. Apart from being deluded about his actual ability, our fans would never want a player who only had eyes using us as a stepping stone. We've always strived for players who put 100% in and played for the badge. I'd prefer us sign the Straq back rather him with the attitude he brings with him now. At least he had passion in buckets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back