Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton-v-Fulham-Denis-Stracqualursi-celeb_2709202.jpg
Unless he sorts his attitude out, he's not an Everton player. Apart from being deluded about his actual ability, our fans would never want a player who only had eyes using us as a stepping stone. We've always strived for players who put 100% in and played for the badge. I'd prefer us sign the Straq back rather him with the attitude he brings with him now. At least he had passion in buckets

Mate, no, come on. Let's have some common sense.

We all loved Big Denis but no one could seriously want him instead of Lukaku.

This fella thinks he's one of the best in the world. He's not even in the top 5 in the Prem.
Tbf he's good enough for us at the moment, but he's disruptive, getting on my tits, and doesn't deserve a pay-rise until he shows signs of application, even then it wouldn't be sending out a good message to others, imo mate :)

If the question was as simple as the club's financial ability to keep a focused, talented player who would want to be here, I'd absolutely agree. But just because we CAN afford to keep him doesn't mean we ought to. For all his talent, the cost in dignity to the club to retain and REWARD a player who repeatedly and persistently speaks with such reckless contempt for the notion that Everton are good enough for his ambitions is too much--especially when the club now has the finances to replace him (not that I'm saying that such a thing would be easy). What signal does it send to the rest of the squad to reward such an egregious lack of professionalism in this manner? What tone does it set in a new era where Everton ought to be looked at as a destination to make the first significant player move in the form of a ridiculously lucrative contract for a want-away? Some people call that ambition. But if my wife told me she didn't love me anymore and wanted someone else, offering her a bigger house and money to spend might keep her for a bit, but it wouldn't change her heart and it certainly wouldn't keep her from bringing up the issue of leaving again in the future. There's ZERO dignity in such an approach. Everton ought to now be above this mentality moving forward.

Do you need to talk about it?

In my humble opinion (only my 3rd post) he is:
1) Not a team player?
2) Wrong attitude?
3) Work rate woeful?
4) Cannot hold the ball up?
5) OVER PAID! - okay they all are?

My wish is the new manager transforms this player!!! or we get a sizeable fee? (and spend it wisely)

I hope he stays and Koeman gets the best out of him. One thing I won't miss if he leaves is the usual reaction when he misses a one on one or a sitter of some sort. You know where he is in disbelief that he missed..

images.webp

Everton-v-Fulham-Denis-Stracqualursi-celeb_2709202.jpg
Unless he sorts his attitude out, he's not an Everton player. Apart from being deluded about his actual ability, our fans would never want a player who only had eyes using us as a stepping stone. We've always strived for players who put 100% in and played for the badge. I'd prefer us sign the Straq back rather him with the attitude he brings with him now. At least he had passion in buckets
I understand your point entirely, but I'd start Lukaku ahead of Denis.

Goals is goals.

In my humble opinion (only my 3rd post) he is:
1) Not a team player?
2) Wrong attitude?
3) Work rate woeful?
4) Cannot hold the ball up?
5) OVER PAID! - okay they all are?

My wish is the new manager transforms this player!!! or we get a sizeable fee? (and spend it wisely)

But more importantly 6) he scores goals

I am 100% certain that once the players are back from the Euros/holidays, they will be shown the exact same plans and models that Koeman obviously was. (If they havnt already, which I doubt).

I reckon a lot of this will die a death then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back