Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berbatov? I know it's only an example but what a terrible example. Completely different players in terms of skill, touch and vision.

Also playing the ball in front for him to run onto, why that's his bread and butter isn't it. Just like the other night... I think all strikers like one on ones, surely it's the other aspects of their play that set them apart.

I've never been a fan of lukaku, as I've been vaulted on here to prove, but the one warming thing about a player when things aren't going well is a positive attitude and work rate. Neither of which Rom has had for Everton this last 6 months.

He's made his decision, he's insulted our club and I hope his awful (and familiar) performance the other night hasn't put off potential buyers.
I wasnt comparing their skill levels mate, just their workrate and the fact that to get anything from Berbatov, you needed a runner up front with him! Also to say all strikers should be able to run around for 90 minutes is a tad naive, Lukaku is built like a heavyweight boxer, vardy is built like an Ethiopian marathon runner, both score goals, but that is where any comparison ends. I am not defending his lack of effort, far from it, but he was hardly alone in that last season? All i am saying is if we keep him we need to play a system that gets around his weaknesses and accentuates his strengths? If we arent going to do that, then sell him ASAP before his value tumbles further!

Reactions: Ivo
We sell him and we are a laughing stock, question is why would he want to leave? What is wrong with staying at Everton?

Big players have big attitudes, if we are looking to turn into the type of side that buys name players with big price tags, they type that Moshiri might be able to afford, they often come with a ego and an annoying agent. If Lukaku can't be happy at Everton chances are a lot of other top players won't want to stick it out either. We have to look at why, don't forget Stones also wanted/wants to go but for some reason we are turning a blind eye to that.

You only have to look at Liverpool, every decent player they have wants to jump ship, and they have CL football sometimes to offer as well, but the decent ones want out all the time, Suarez, Alonso, Mascherano, maybe more, they can't keep players, we have to or we will never get anywhere.

We made a statement keeping Stones and Baines recently, we have to do it with Lukaku, his moaning and attitude we have to deal with as we need his goals.
They have had that once since 2009.

Talk of a new contract and doing a Hughie Green " Double your money". I would not maybe give him a few more per week but after the way he played in the last 3 month and mouthing off noway.

Osman loved it here but many still didnt like him.

End of the day Lukaku scores, nothing else matters. He can sulk all he likes, but as long as he getting the goals He can sulk all he likes but as long as he is getting the goals he can be the biggest bell around but those goals are vital to us.

but when he isn't?, when he's doing an Anichebe on valium, there's the problem

One thing for sure is that he should never play alone upfront. Inzaghi had a similarly terrible touch, but no one cared cause he always had a classy second striker near him who could do a lot with the ball at his feet so he never has to come short. Before Del Pieros injury, him and Inzaghi were lethal putting up amazing numbers and no one ever complained about Inzaghi's touch.

but when he isn't?, when he's doing an Anichebe on valium, there's the problem

Will he be doing that under Koeman? Yes he did under Martinez but lets be honest half of us hated Everton under him, you only have to look at how much our away ticket sales dropped last season and how easy it was to get tickets, and how boring Goodison was, he wasn't the only one sulking, we all did, everyone basically had enough.
We start fresh next year, no one knows how he is going to be under a decent manager, with a better partner then Kone, with a complete new set up.

Such a crap touch, in fact every single one of them 25 goals where a crap touch.
It's not his touch that's the problem, it's his FIRST touch. If he has to take a touch to set himself up then he's in trouble. No-one is disputing that he can score, it's just that for someone that is being offered a reputed 100k a week and thinks he's Pele, it'd be great to see him control the occasional ball to him and lay it off to someone.

He's got the ability of Harry Kane....he needs the attitude and humility of Kane too. If he had the temperament of Aguero he'd be a much finer player.

OK, he scores goals, but he misses some absolute sitters too. For two thirds of the season he was on fire - the very best players are consistently on fire....the question is has he got that in his locker and has Ronald got the locker key?

He's got the ability of Harry Kane....he needs the attitude and humility of Kane too. If he had the temperament of Aguero he'd be a much finer player.

OK, he scores goals, but he misses some absolute sitters too. For two thirds of the season he was on fire - the very best players are consistently on fire....the question is has he got that in his locker and has Ronald got the locker key?

Not sure about this mate, look at Andy Cole and how many he use to miss? Yes he scored a lot more then Rom, but he also use to miss far more then he scored, he was notorious for it, great player thou.

Osman loved it here but many still didnt like him.

End of the day Lukaku scores, nothing else matters. He can sulk all he likes but as long as he is getting the goals he can be the biggest bell around but those goals are vital to us.
Totally disagree. If he keeps up with that whining in the rags he cant go soon enough. Give me the money and gtfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back