Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no argument from me Lukaku is a top striker, but top strikers have their price and ours seems to be £60 million. It's that simple a team pays that he can go if no one does he stays. Put it this way Koeman must have really been sold the future plans, so we have a manager who as a player had the winning mentality and I can't believe that's changed now he's a manager. What really were we thinking getting Martinez from a relegated team, I got sucked in thinking he was the man for the job but IMO Koeman is the real deal.

I cannot get my head around the idea that if 60m is bid he can go.

Koeman will want to assess him. If he is considered to be top drawer he will stay.
Koeman could have waited and potentially took the Arsenal job in 12 months.
He would not have left Southampton if he did not see where this club wants to go.

Moshiri and his contacts will have serious clout going forward. We have to stop looking at Everton like we are still penniless under the previous major shareholders.

Otherwise the media are proved right to constantly play us down and pat us on the head.

There's no argument from me Lukaku is a top striker, but top strikers have their price and ours seems to be £60 million. It's that simple a team pays that he can go if no one does he stays. Put it this way Koeman must have really been sold the future plans, so we have a manager who as a player had the winning mentality and I can't believe that's changed now he's a manager. What really were we thinking getting Martinez from a relegated team, I got sucked in thinking he was the man for the job but IMO Koeman is the real deal.
Both Klopp and Wenger were relegated, still made pretty decent managers. Depends if you learn some lessons from the experience and unfortunately for both us and him Roberto didn't. But hard to predict that with any certainty at the time and particularly after the first season.

Lukaku did his job and that is to score goals. That's what he does best and that's why he has a big price tag. Part of me still thinks he should improve the rest of his game because if he doesn't score in a game then there is nothing else he has done hence why he gets slated. McCarthy though.....useless. I can imagine Keane saying to O'Neill ' get that waste of space off now' just before he was subbed.

My opinion is simple, sell him.

I don't give a s*** about him anymore. He keeps running his mouth of and thinks he's bigger than the club, and to be honest i'm sick of it. £60m please and he can f*** off as far as i'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back