Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh mate, So am I. Cant wait till August, Just don't see how forcing a spoilt knob to play for a team he has no interest in can possibly be seen as a positive. Rom wasnt a Ron signing so I would rather employ players who really get the fact that we are officially now a project.
Rom can go play in an inferior league if that's what he wants...However......
If Ron is able to keep Rom from spouting off every two minutes and is happy to be blue for a season...he would get my backing.
Rom is a class forward lacking class in the mouth department....if that was sorted i would be over the moon to keep him.

Agree with all of that mate. The slotting side of things no one can argue with but I literally can't stand people talking themselves up. Put yourself in any line of work and if a colleague kept talking themselves up saying they were better than you, you would simply tell them to koff.

Drop him from the squad for the first game. Tell him to go out into the centre circle at half time and have Erwin Koeman waiting with restraining apparatus. Get that lad tied down and BUM HIM at a fast pace right there in the centre circle.

Send him to the changies straight after. If he's learned his lesson he can start in a Carling Cup game soon after and we will take it from there.

EVERTON.

What the hell?

Behave. It would send out a terrible message, play crap & talk crap = double your money?

Not for me, if he scores 3 V Spurs and kisses the badge, then I'm in, Because I'm fickle.
I think sometimes we just need to accept how in thrall we are to certain players that we couldn't possibly function without.

Is Rom and his goals worth £10m a year to us? Of course.

He can have all the money he wants.

Exactly mate. I don't think we should be exploiting a young man under a contract which significantly undervalues him

People see his interviews as pimping himself and arrogance; I see it as a troubled soul, all part of a wider cry for help

Some deluded people on here.

If we want to even think about competing at the top table then we need to accept that sometimes you have to pay nob head players top whack because they add something vital to the team.

We would find it difficult to replicate Lukaku's goal scoring record with a new signing. We may get lucky when signing a new player, or we could end up getting a more expensive version of Niasse.

There is a reason he has been linked with a £65m move.

Agree with all of that mate. The slotting side of things no one can argue with but I literally can't stand people talking themselves up. Put yourself in any line of work and if a colleague kept talking themselves up saying they were better than you, you would simply tell them to koff.
Football is a team game...just look at Leicester last season for proof of that. At last we have a manager now that echo's that statement. If Rom can play the team game I don't see any reason for us not to benefit from that outcome. If he decides to move on...it's also for our benefit. No one can want a player here who thinks he's too good for us. Win win for us now with or without.

Drop him from the squad for the first game. Tell him to go out into the centre circle at half time and have Erwin Koeman waiting with restraining apparatus. Get that lad tied down and BUM HIM at a fast pace right there in the centre circle.

Send him to the changies straight after. If he's learned his lesson he can start in a Carling Cup game soon after and we will take it from there.

EVERTON.
You have a very troubled mind.

If we want to even think about competing at the top table then we need to accept that sometimes you have to pay nob head players top whack because they add something vital to the team.

We would find it difficult to replicate Lukaku's goal scoring record with a new signing. We may get lucky when signing a new player, or we could end up getting a more expensive version of Niasse.

I think he wants to go and won't stay now anyway whatever we offer him. Hope I am wrong.

No. No one here is deluded...it's about opinions and yours is no greater than any others. Everton will continue regardless whether Lukaku stays or goes, He is a goal scorer...no doubt.... but we will buy someone hungrier if he cannot bare another season here. Thats the question that needs answering right now...does he feel he can stay and work in this team ?? Maybe...but if not that's on him. I don't see how anyones deluded for wanting him gone if thats the case.

He is everything an OLD Evertonian like myself does not want ! Glad I live afar and do not have to pay to watch him!

I think sometimes we just need to accept how in thrall we are to certain players that we couldn't possibly function without.

Is Rom and his goals worth £10m a year to us? Of course.
It's an interesting question. But often when these questions are asked it's without the consideration of what will replace him. If he stays great, if he goes and we get 2 thirty million pound players to replace him? Not so bad.

The game has changed IMO you win with a mixture of talent and players wanting to be at the club, the league is infected with massively wealthy men who may very well be extremely talented, but have they ALL got the hunger for success. The more we can find with desire to play for the shirt the better.

A hungry Lukaku is and will be fantastic, a Lukaku looking to leave = From Arsenal at home onwards.

I'd prefer the former but fear the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back