Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
enjoyed that bit, it was very anti-Martinez ;)

I've never had much time for the "Martinez was a reason Lukaku signed" argument. It's a trite soundbite. Alan Irvine or whoever got him to West Brom, big wowzas. At the end of his loan spell there if West Brom had offered him the wages we did and paid £28m to Chelsea he'd have gone and then made the same noises he is making now. Martinez did unbelievable amounts of damage to the club; if we didn't have the new fun ride of a mega- owner it'd be major panic in here now.

As I've said previously, Everton can't lose by Lukaku and his posturing. He backs it up at Euro 2016 and we sell for massive money, or we keep a striker who has proven his goalscoring capabilities at club and international level . It's amazing the amount of bile heading his way - whatever happens with him we can't fail to do well out of it.

68936372.jpg

Both bitter beyond belief.
Giles, talented footballer who Revie morphed into a vicious animal.

For as long as I can remember the Statler and Waldorf of Irish TV have hated Everton and anyone who plays for them - this goes back to RTE first showing live 1st Division matches in the 80s.

I don't know why, but maybe Giles resented the 69/70 team??

As for Dunphy - he is a joke which is now just very tiresome

I've never had much time for the "Martinez was a reason Lukaku signed" argument. It's a trite soundbite. Alan Irvine or whoever got him to West Brom, big wowzas. At the end of his loan spell there if West Brom had offered him the wages we did and paid £28m to Chelsea he'd have gone and then made the same noises he is making now. Martinez did unbelievable amounts of damage to the club; if we didn't have the new fun ride of a mega- owner it'd be major panic in here now.

As I've said previously, Everton can't lose by Lukaku and his posturing. He backs it up at Euro 2016 and we sell for massive money, or we keep a striker who has proven his goalscoring capabilities at club and international level . It's amazing the amount of bile heading his way - whatever happens with him we can't fail to do well out of it.

Congrats on the most sensible post of the day. Have a gold star mate

The way I see it, we're actually in a no lose situation here. If our new manager can convince him to stay and get the best out of him, we will have a top player and his value may even go up. If he goes, there will be plenty of interest and we may or should get a hell of a lot of cash for him, especially if we are cash rich at the moment as reported. We will get the fee we want because we can afford to say no to the cheeky bids, that will surely come in. Hopefully he'll stay fit and score a few more Euro goals.

Boss player. Hope he stays.

Could do with improving certain aspects of his game but then couldn't we all?

Overall I think I'd rather keep him and his 20+ goals per season.
I'm struggling to think who we could get who would be better or his equal, hence really want him to stay...

He's still crap right? Everyone still wants to get rid and buy <fifa melt> don't they?
Absolutely. You don't even get to play against Ciaran Clark twice a season now that he's been relegated, so today didn't change much.

Anything north of £40m would be fantastic business.

enjoyed that bit, it was very anti-Martinez ;)

Just like most of that posters comments. btw Orly...Kone won't be around for 'a few more years'..his contract ends during or at the end of the coming season. I do agree that a keen and bothered Lukaku is worth keeping, but think we need to invest in another top-ish striker as well, or a really dynamic number 10( Barkley is not dynamic!). Koeman and Mosh need to make serious efforts to keep Lukaku, Stones and Del Boy until at least Christmas...whether they then stay or go will depend on how well Koeman starts...he has every chance because after (we beat) Spurs in the opener, our next five games are winnable if we are playing like serious challengers.

I dont Bry, I want to keep him.

But only if he WANTS to stay.
Yes I'm with this. I love his smile. I want him to stay.

But I hope he wants to stay too. No good having non-committed players.

But given the choice, I'd keep him all day (by restraint if need be, so he can't leave).

Yes I'm with this. I love his smile. I want him to stay.

But I hope he wants to stay too. No good having non-committed players.

But given the choice, I'd keep him all day (by restraint if need be, so he can't leave).

I am firmly of the opinion that once all the lads are back, and they are shown what Moshiri has planned, a lot of this talk will evaporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back