Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scores two of the easiest chances he'll ever get against a sub standard international team and all of a sudden he's a world beater again.

He's not as good as he thinks he is, he's made an absolute disgrace of himself in the press, tried to force his price down to get a move.

I hope we sell him for 60m, get rid, I don't want players with his attitude playing for this mighty club, end of.

Buy Bony and a good young prospect forward for 25/30m and we'll be a better team and won't miss Lukaku one bit.

Scores two

What he is paid to do.

And does it pretty well. World beater? Not in a million years imo. But as close as you can get to a reliable finisher? (except penalties weirdly). Yes.

I would sort his head/Dad/agent out. Remind him we actually have a new manger who will all most certainly play the team to max his chances out. Then if he still pipes up, cash in.

Troy Deeney moving to Leicester for £25 million. Not a chance we would be able to replace Rom if we sold him, the football world has gone absolutely mad.

You're so right because if Troy Deeney can command a fee of £25 million, should we sell Rom we have to be looking at at least double that.
Rom is far more prolific a scorer than Deeney.

A nice finish and a tap in changes nothing.

Get rid.

He's got no interest in our club, our history or our fans.

Hopefully he bangs a few more in so we can get a decent return.

Should get a decent return already. Manchester United have just spent 30m on a similarly-aged (22) centre back(!) with less than 70 professional appearances in his entire career so far.

Romelu Lukaku has scored over 30 more professional goals than Bailly has total appearances, is the star striker for Belgium - one of the most highly-rated international teams - and cost us close to 30m before the transfer market went well and truly bonkers (25m bids for Troy Deeney, for example).

+ he has three years left on his contract

+ we are no longer the paupers of the league

+ money is already there to strengthen the squad without the need to sell him

Every single ball is in Everton's court. Double the fee of Bailly should be the starting point, and then look to get a bidding war going and sell to the highest bidder in a cash deal. I'd personally hope he ends up at PSG for an exorbitant fee.

65m plus additional payments based on how successful a career he has at his next club.

That's a lot Romelu love.

Should get a decent return already. Manchester United have just spent 30m on a similarly-aged (22) centre back(!) with less than 70 professional appearances in his entire career so far.

Romelu Lukaku has scored over 30 more professional goals than Bailly has total appearances, is the star striker for Belgium - one of the most highly-rated international teams - and cost us close to 30m before the transfer market went well and truly bonkers (25m bids for Troy Deeney, for example).

+ he has three years left on his contract

+ we are no longer the paupers of the league

+ money is already there to strengthen the squad without the need to sell him

Every single ball is in Everton's court. Double the fee of Bailly should be the starting point, and then look to get a bidding war going and sell to the highest bidder in a cash deal. I'd personally hope he ends up at PSG for an exorbitant fee.

65m plus additional payments based on how successful a career he has at his next club.

That's a lot Romelu love.

There is no such thing... Clubs aren't stupid and player sales are not auctions... Two clubs can bid the same amount

The way I see it, we're actually in a no lose situation here. If our new manager can convince him to stay and get the best out of him, we will have a top player and his value may even go up. If he goes, there will be plenty of interest and we may or should get a hell of a lot of cash for him, especially if we are cash rich at the moment as reported. We will get the fee we want because we can afford to say no to the cheeky bids, that will surely come in. Hopefully he'll stay fit and score a few more Euro goals.

THIS ....... At this point ...I hope he plays well and ups his market value..... Moshiri / Koeman will figure out whether he stays or leaves.... and I trust them to get it right whichever way it goes ! We hold all of the cards and I think our new ownership / management know it.

Do I want him to stay, yes
Would I be upset if he left, no
Rom has not been "touched" by Everton or its fans so it doesn't matter. What does matter is that this team needs a massive injection of money/transfers and it won't be done this season, so if we can hold onto a top goalscorer, it can only be good in the long run.

Haha group on Facebook posting as news that he text a transfer request in before the game today.

Worst thing is they believe their own nonsense

He's opening his mouth and being a bell on purpose to get you to hate him, Sterling did the same.

It won't work Romelu, you're going nowhere you big lump. You're not as good as you think you are, though still admittedly a damn good finisher, but nobody is paying £60m for you.

I want him to stay. There is no way we can bring in a comparable striker in terms of goals scored that's available. If we don't devolve to lumping it to him for our attacks like we did at the end of last season and against the 'big' teams and use Deulofeu to assist him when he was banging them in for fun he will match our return and more. I don't like this view of how much we can get for him. He's an Evertonian and unless someone comes with absolutely silly money he's not going anywhere

Just like most of that posters comments. btw Orly...Kone won't be around for 'a few more years'..his contract ends during or at the end of the coming season. I do agree that a keen and bothered Lukaku is worth keeping, but think we need to invest in another top-ish striker as well, or a really dynamic number 10( Barkley is not dynamic!). Koeman and Mosh need to make serious efforts to keep Lukaku, Stones and Del Boy until at least Christmas...whether they then stay or go will depend on how well Koeman starts...he has every chance because after (we beat) Spurs in the opener, our next five games are winnable if we are playing like serious challengers.

That's right Steve. I was and remain completely anti-Martinez and it was absolute fantastic to see him get removed. It's also interesting that another your big great loves, Kenwright, has been marginalised and as soon as that happens, we are getting a high quality coach, renovations to Goodison and the rest of it. Both Martinez and Kenwright were an absolute plague in L4 and we will, demonstrably, be a better club for it.

But this is the Lukaku thread. A proper manager with a proper, professional structure around him will talk to Lukaku and make an informed decision. Then clowns like Elstone and Kenwright will be kept right out of it while contract or transfer negotiations are conducted. So enjoy the little snipes, and we will all enjoy the post- Kenwright and Martinez era... the two idiots that signed Kone and have had him here for three years too many already (not factoring in his automatic contract extension). Totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back