Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbie Savage (love him or hate him!) got it spot on last night - Lukaku should have scored twice if he had gone for the ball rather than wait? He has done nothing in Euros! Attitude is everything - just look at Wales?
That's harsh. He wasn't waiting, he just couldn't hear his Dad telling him what to do next over the crowd noise! :p

Why would he sign a new contract? He can just play really well this season and earn a move next summer, for a cheaper price if he doesn't sign a contract?
He could potentially double his wages and still force a move next summer anyway. I definitely don't expect him to sign a new contract though until his agent has exhausted every potential avenue of escape and as I said, there's a long way to go, so we'll see what happens but the odds of him leaving have certainly fallen considerably from a near certainty.

Why would he sign a new contract? He can just play really well this season and earn a move next summer, for a cheaper price if he doesn't sign a contract?

images

Paul Joyce saying the Club have lashed a £75m asking price on the lad.

Club seem a lot more vocal on their stance about wanting to keep Lukaku than they do Stones.

Paul Joyce saying the Club have lashed a £75m asking price on the lad.

Club seem a lot more vocal on their stance about wanting to keep Lukaku than they do Stones.

Sits with what Esk has been saying mate.

Sad in a way, as Stones hasn't shown anything like the dis-respect to the club that Lukaku has, but I think it's clear that he does want to join City and we need to make the profit to get the revenue up and pay the big wages.

Sits with what Esk has been saying mate.

Sad in a way, as Stones hasn't shown anything like the dis-respect to the club that Lukaku has, but I think it's clear that he does want to join City and we need to make the profit to get the revenue up and pay the big wages.

Screams of the Club being happy for him to leave and the Manager confident of replacing him with equal or better quality.

Stones put a transfer request in at the first sign of interest ?

Last year, yes.

But it was actually after we'd declined two bids for him so it wasn't the first sign?

And in regards to interviews etc, he hasn't slated the club like Rom has (and I've defended Rom, btw - I don't think he's done anything that wasn't expected).

A week before the end of the transfer window too.

Probably wrong to paint him as an 'Angel'.

Don't think he's an angel at all. He clearly wanted out but he didn't get the move and performed brilliantly until Christmas when his form dipped for a variety of reasons.

He was our best player in the last few weeks of a dismal campaign.

He obviously wants to join City, but it has all been done very quietly as opposed to Rom (or mainly his dad/agent) gobbing off every few days.

Would love to keep both, but if Stones is the one to go, then so be it.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ure-Sale-Ronald-Koeman-75m-Transfer-News-News

Everton to tell Romelu Lukaku he will not be sold: £75m price-tag to ward off interest
ROMELU LUKAKU will be told by Everton he is not for sale as he prepares for showdown talks on his future.
By PAUL JOYCE
PUBLISHED: 22:30, Sun, Jul 3, 2016 | UPDATED: 22:34, Sun, Jul 3, 2016

Everton-685817.jpg
GETTY

Everton's Romelu Lukaku scored two goals in five appearances for Belgium at Euro 2016
The Belgium forward has agitated for a move from Goodison Park having stated a need to play Champions League football.

Lukaku suffered a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Wales on Friday to end his Euro 2016 hopes and, when asked afterwards about his Everton future, he said: “I need to talk to the club.”

Everton will sell John Stones after telling Manchester City the defender will cost £50m.

But new major shareholder Farhad Moshiri and chairman Bill Kenwright will tell Lukaku he needs to stay.
They will look to price him out of any move by putting a £75m price-tag on his head.

It leaves Lukaku facing the prospect of having to build bridges with many Everton supporters who were unhappy with his public assertion that he needed to leave to further his career.

Loving it. 75million if PSG pay it is good business for both clubs .... It's them or he's staying as no one else will pay it. He would do well there as its a very poor league ... We could get a very good replacement for that money !! Bye bye Rom !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back