Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, yes.

But it was actually after we'd declined two bids for him so it wasn't the first sign?

And in regards to interviews etc, he hasn't slated the club like Rom has (and I've defended Rom, btw - I don't think he's done anything that wasn't expected).

Never been retracted though, so he doesn't need to put in a new request.

Loving it. 75million if PSG pay it is good business for both clubs .... It's them or he's staying as no one else will pay it. He would do well there as its a very poor league ... We could get a very good replacement for that money !! Bye bye Rom !
Don't think Lukaku is a player Emery would want tbh, especially given the price.

Yeah for 75 I would sell him, defo, but he aint worth that, good move that Everton have priced him out of anyones range meaning he will be ours next season.

I hope this doesn't mean that there won't be another forward coming in. Everton need someone up there who can hold onto the ball and take the pressure off the rest of the team, and allow the midfielders to move up.

My own personal view for some time of Rom is that if he would learn to gamble a bit more in the box i.e. anticipate balls coming into the danger area and actually attacking them instead of waiting for them to land at his feet then he could add another 30%-50% to his goal tally. This was alluded to in the game -v- Wales on Friday night and others on GOT have also mentioned this. It is a weakness in his game but one if he sorts out will really make him a world superstar. At the moment he just thinks he is but if we do retain him and RK and his staff get to work then he may just take that step up to the next level which will benefit Everton and push us into the CL spots.

My own personal view for some time of Rom is that if he would learn to gamble a bit more in the box i.e. anticipate balls coming into the danger area and actually attacking them instead of waiting for them to land at his feet then he could add another 30%-50% to his goal tally. This was alluded to in the game -v- Wales on Friday night and others on GOT have also mentioned this. It is a weakness in his game but one if he sorts out will really make him a world superstar. At the moment he just thinks he is but if we do retain him and RK and his staff get to work then he may just take that step up to the next level which will benefit Everton and push us into the CL spots.
This is a good post mate - Lukaku has backed himself into a corner now as he has talked himself up and his performances in France have shown what we already know that he is not as good as he thinks he is .. We can and should use this to our advantage - someone offers 75million let him off ! Nobody does which other than PSG is likely then he will have to play koemans game and fight for his place like the rest of the team ... There is a lot more improvement in him for sure as he is nowhere near the finished player he thinks he is and if we can get him to improve more then it will be also to our advantage ... Win win for the club if they play it right ..

Slightly worried that holding on to him against his will will encourage his little sulks that he seems so prone to. If he won't play to the best of his ability then his value will plummet. Like Berahino for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back