Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that would suggest Rom is due "back" at work on Saturday, would make ZERO sense for him to play in the game without any sort of training and with jet lag, hence the "extra few days" story making the rounds.

Kinda agree but you have to remember the club on and now off the field are going to go through the biggest change since the club started. If Stones and Rom are hell bent on leaving there is not much we can do other than play the game and extract as much as poss. RK is capable of a super splurge late in the window but worryingly, if Rom were to leave, Niasse off wherever the heck possible and Kone I hope listed as available, we would be without a striker. At all. That, at this level, is something I have never heard of and shows the fragile nature of the squad, it's so unbalanced and lucky we have Koeman on board to steer this forward, otherwise I would be an ascii gif of panic and lots of LOL OLO LOL.

This is news to us but not to them, RK and club know the score.

He may stay but once you hear about something like this and its potential you start to think about what it means and it's pretty scary!

edit: another thought, the Koulibaly dealing... US vs Chelsea, perhaps some unsettling, gamesmanship going on.

It seems, as much as us ordinary fans know, that a fee has been placed on Rom and clubs either meet that or walk away. If that fee is met (which on our side the dealings will be private), then he will not be allowed to move until suitable reinforcement(s) arrive.
That's my take on it anyway.

Napoli isn't selling unless his release clause is met
giphy.gif

is it a case of chelsea suddenly making a 50 mil out of the blue because he's seen hanging out with pogba and pogba is like the flavour of the month?

a bit like when some unknown singer joins taylor swift's squad and suddenly gets a record deal out of the blue kinda thing.

We either sell Rom or Stones, we sell both this whole Morshiri thing is a lie to me

How so?

If we sell both we have sold 2 players for 120m.

Im not and never will be a fan of selling our better players, but thats just obscene money and besides, its really not up to us if they stay or they go, if somebody bids the right amount of money we sell.

"Make them rot in the reserves for 12months you say" Cos yeah, people often mothball players worth 120m, it makes total business sense.

i'd say there's probably about 20 strikers (massively rough approximation) better than him in the world right now. All of those would be taking a step down to come to us and leaving a club in europe to do so. All very well saying we'd get a lot of money for him but who would we realistically be able to get which would actually see us improve? I keep reading lacazette but i couldn't see him coming here.

i'd say there's probably about 20 strikers (massively rough approximation) better than him in the world right now. All of those would be taking a step down to come to us and leaving a club in europe to do so. All very well saying we'd get a lot of money for him but who would we realistically be able to get which would actually see us improve? I keep reading lacazette but i couldn't see him coming here.

Whoever we bought would be a downgrade, but it aint even abar dat, we could buy like 6 substandard players for that money lad.

Whoever we bought would be a downgrade, but it aint even abar dat, we could buy like 6 substandard players for that money lad.

No doubt, but that's why I'd be happy to sell stones for £50. We can replace him with better and have money to buy two superstars in the process. Nobody will offer what we want for rom anyway ... And we don't need the money :) sort of
We can sell him next summer and then buy 3 superstars. If he hasn't grovelled back and said sorry for doubting our bossness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back