Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
A
Rom is a damn beast. keep him no matter the cost. Should we sign City's back up or some other inferior? No let's keep the man that has scored 60 prem goals at 23. There isn't another threat we could attract to goodison.

A valid point mate but he's trouble, doesn't want to play for us and will likely go soon enough. I'd prefer we got shut quickly on our terms and timeframe & maximise ££££s. For me that means now...
Please remind me if we go on and do something special with him this season like.

A

A valid point mate but he's trouble, doesn't want to play for us and will likely go soon enough. I'd prefer we got shut quickly on our terms and timeframe & maximise ££££s. For me that means now...
Please remind me if we go on and do something special with him this season like.

Bluey, I dunno if you saw the Barnsley game, but even though Rom wasn't playing, the entire team was being trained to play around him mate - it was obvious.

e.g. - direct balls in behind, getting it up to the striker quickly with the likes of Lennon and Kev buzzing around coming in from the wings.

Rom has been shut up lately due to a) a relatively poor Euros, b) our price tag and c) a lack of teams willing to come anywhere near it - plus I think he's also been offered a very lucrative deal to stay.

Keep him. He isn't 'trouble'. He may have said some things he shouldn't but at the end of the day it's going to be extremely hard to attract a player who can match his goal tally, especially given how we may (and I stress, may) be struggling to get deals for players like Witsel over the line?

If he's dead set on going, then he'll go - but only if somebody matches our valuation.

If not he stays, and if he then wants to progress his career (which he does, quite clearly) he will have to up his game further...

Theres a point though. Stones cracked after that.

Yet he was our best player for the first half of the season Finners? The only time he actually 'cracked' was in Jan following the bit of (sublime skill) vs Spurs and a run of mistakes, followed by an injury.

I still put that semi-final performance he put in vs United as one of the best I've seen from an Everton player in the last 5 years, if not longer. He was fantastic.

Are people really that sensitive that they want to sell our best striker for 30 years, before he hits his peak, because they don't like a few interviews he has done?

Obviously some of his comments have been unwise & disrespectful, but privately he has every right to be frustrated at the club for the last 2 years. He wants to win trophies and play in the Champions League, i'd rather show him that he can do that at Everton than take offence and sell him over it.

The only people who want him gone are over sensitive knee-jerkers who are throwing their toys out because a 20 goal a season striker had the audacity of suggesting he could do better than a club with consecutive bottom half finishes

Although they also think he isn't that good either, thus causing a contradiction as if he is as rubbish as they say he is then they should be happy that we'd be getting well over the odds for a rubbish player, but on the same token they don't want him to go because he clearly is a good player and thus they are fuming over it

Ah, the complicated mind of an angry football supporter

Although they also think he isn't that good either, thus causing a contradiction as if he is as rubbish as they say he is then they should be happy that we'd be getting well over the odds for a rubbish player, but on the same token they don't want him to go because he clearly is a good player and thus they are fuming over it

Ah, the complicated mind of an angry football supporter
They're just trying to convince themselves he's not that good because they think he's going to leave. It's like when guys get turned down or dumped ,"oh I wasn't all that into her anyway"

Just need to stick to our guns. 75million new selling price ... Anyone offers to pay it he will go that is the situation as it stands ... No one pays he will stay and hopefully give it 100% albeit if only to secure his move at a later stage . If we can up our game and be that team so he doesn't need to move then we are the winners ... He is only back today and I am sure Koeman and Moshri have plans to talk with him and persuade him to stay ... We needs big signing to show our intent !

Yet he was our best player for the first half of the season Finners? The only time he actually 'cracked' was in Jan following the bit of (sublime skill) vs Spurs and a run of mistakes, followed by an injury.

I still put that semi-final performance he put in vs United as one of the best I've seen from an Everton player in the last 5 years, if not longer. He was fantastic.
Imho I think after he was denied he didnt show mental toughness and professionalism that atleast I expected. I got that vibe anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back