Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku is either seriously off form or not bothered too much. Was it the Chelsea game that he last played well? At this moment in time I would accept Chelsea's bid and move on. Next season he will have to work extra hard for space as he is known as a major threat but I am not sure he has the stomach for working harder...well at Everton at least.

I'm one of the those who believes in selling players who don't want to be here but looking around, there not much quality around.

Arsenal are looking
West ham are looking for one for their new stadium
Jose went for a 34 year old player
Chelsea are looking

Bets solution is to convince him his future with us and a pay rise and get CL with us but we need more convincing signings first

True this some serious delusion going on if anyone thinks we can replace Lukaku, look how hard Liverpool found it to get anything decent after Suarez left, finding a striker is the hardest thing for a manager to do.

True this some serious delusion going on if anyone thinks we can replace Lukaku, look how hard Liverpool found it to get anything decent after Suarez left, finding a striker is the hardest thing for a manager to do.

We need to learn how to spread the goals around the team rather than be dependant on Lukaku. That dependency has seen us finish mid table. I go back to the days of Gary Lineker where he was the main goal scorer with a glut of goals yet we won nothing. The next season we spread the goals about and won the league. If we don't have a prolific scorer then we need to adjust our play so we are not too reliant. He will be a big miss if he goes but we have to move on and adapt.

Lukaku is either seriously off form or not bothered too much. Was it the Chelsea game that he last played well? At this moment in time I would accept Chelsea's bid and move on. Next season he will have to work extra hard for space as he is known as a major threat but I am not sure he has the stomach for working harder...well at Everton at least.

and get who in mate?

we're struggling to attract (or at least secure) quality midfield players as it is. We already need a half-decent back up striker. If Rom leaves we're gonna really struggle to get somebody of his level in... even with Walsh's record.

Btw, Musa played a blinder for Leicester vs Barca tonight. Think he may have been Walsh's final signing... though he was known in fairness

Purely the fact it's Dominic King, I'm believing it. He may a Kopite, Wool or work for the Mail but he still has contacts.

he reports it from our angle mate, given he's an NW journo. Deffo has contacts but it's still Joyce/Hunter who know their stuff.

btw, why is everybody (well, some people) saying 'he's playing like he wants to leave'?

no he isn't. he looks happy around the place etc. tonight was his second game in over a month. his second start of pre-season. he got 55 mins in Dresden and just over 60 tonight.

please people, get a grip!!!

we'll see how this works out. Chelsea are yet to bid. Lukaku is supposedly as open to staying as he is to leaving (which would only happen if somebody meets our valuation anyway).

and, you don't sell your only goalscorer on the eve of a new season when, no matter how much money we have, we've been struggling to get deals for high-profile/quality players over the line as it is.

and get who in mate?

we're struggling to attract (or at least secure) quality midfield players as it is. We already need a half-decent back up striker. If Rom leaves we're gonna really struggle to get somebody of his level in... even with Walsh's record.

Btw, Musa played a blinder for Leicester vs Barca tonight. Think he may have been Walsh's final signing... though he was known in fairness

You didn't read my post properly. Lukaku will be a big miss and we won't get anyone in as prolific but its not the end of the world. A different way of playing is the option...without being too reliant on the one man. Southampton scored the same amount of goals as us last season and they didn't have anyone as prolific as Lukaku because they didn't put all hopes on one player.

btw, why is everybody (well, some people) saying 'he's playing like he wants to leave'?

no he isn't. he looks happy around the place etc. tonight was his second game in over a month. his second start of pre-season. he got 55 mins in Dresden and just over 60 tonight.

please people, get a grip!!!

we'll see how this works out. Chelsea are yet to bid. Lukaku is supposedly as open to staying as he is to leaving (which would only happen if somebody meets our valuation anyway).

and, you don't sell your only goalscorer on the eve of a new season when, no matter how much money we have, we've been struggling to get deals for high-profile/quality players over the line as it is.

Don't get me wrong, I will utterly delighted if he stays, Which I believe he will.

But, if Chelsea came calling he would be game to leave, we all know this. I don't think he's asked to leave per say but more he's open either way/

You didn't read my post properly. Lukaku will be a big miss and we won't get anyone in as prolific but its not the end of the world. A different way of playing is the option...without being too reliant on the one man. Southampton scored the same amount of goals as us last season and they didn't have anyone as prolific as Lukaku because they didn't put all hopes on one player.

I get what your saying mate, but nobody in the squad currently is ready to take up the mantle (Kev may get 8-10, Del's finishing is awful, Barks may get to 10 again), and on top of that so many new signings would be counter-productive, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I will utterly delighted if he stays, Which I believe he will.

But, if Chelsea came calling he would be game to leave, we all know this. I don't think he's asked to leave per say but more he's open either way/

yeh I know mate, but it's people saying (like they are with Stones) 'he's dis-interested', 'playing for a move'.

If he was playing for a move he'd probably be playing better.

He isn't looking his best because for the last month he's been off in LA pulling chubby birds in stingy night clubs and playing basketball with his new best mate.

He's had a total 120 minutes of pre-season. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back