Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
that he is on pace for 24 league goals cant be debated. However, it is highly unlikely that the math will be correct as he will probably be out for x amount of games with injury and have spells with fewer or more goals.

It's worth pointing out that very few strikers have such a return at such a young age as rom at such a consistent rate. And of those that did (I.e. Owen) he has not suffered a comparable injury that has meant long stretches out. The one risk we have is overplaying him and I'm worried we might see burnout in Christmas or post euros. Kone and Naismith can do a job certainly but it is worth mentioning

Who would you drop for Cleverley, just out of interest?

Yep as others said, Naismith from yesterday's line up but we might actually see a bit of tactical rotation of the wide players according to the oppo between nais, clev, Kev, del , kone and Lennon. I can't recall a time we've had quite so many options there really.

exactly, who would you say is better this season? aguero is obviously better than him, sturridge possibly WHEN he is fit. After that? costa has been woeful, i think giroud is underrated and possibly better than lukaku. vardy's had a decent start, but he scored about 2 goals last season. People have a purple season like kane did, not even close to lukaku imo. the lad at watford looks decent, must be said. Bony's better but never playing, hasn't set the world alight at city. Remy's good as well.

Only aguero is easily better than him and possibly costa.

@tommye

Just not a fan of projected figures, football is played on grass, not on a calculator.

Its very telling it was a MURICAN who brought "stats" to the table.

In some cases that's very true but when it comes to goals scored and a number 20+ is beside itits a good indication he can.score a few goals. I think 20+ goals no matter what circumstances you want to add to it can not be a negative thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back