Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your last comment is a tad fanciful mate, let's at least see Gueye before we start saying he's improved the team!

Williams for Stones is a no brainer! But he's not even fit to play.

We go into the first game of the season a total shambles IMO, let's hope we can scrape a result.

I'd say for the way Koeman seemingly wants to play (high press) Gueye will be decent. Maybe a bit of a stretch I admit to say he's definitely improved, but overall we're I'd say as strong if not slightly stronger than how we finished last season.

That won't be good enough to push us on to the next level, though, so we definitely need reinforcements.

It hasn't been good. Hasn't been awful.

I wouldn't say decent - but it's not as bad as some are making out. Needs to improve from now on though, big style.

It seems you have the "old Everton" hat on and are judging it by those standards.

We shouldn't be judging this window like it was standard Kenwright sell to buy nonsense - this was supposed to be a "new era"; the window was and still is the litmus test of Moshiri, and thus far he has spectacularly failed it.

It's not "being a bad fan" to just acknowledge the obvious, which is we're going into this new season in a shocking position.

It seems you have the "old Everton" hat on and are judging it by those standards.

We shouldn't be judging this window like it was standard Kenwright sell to buy nonsense - this was supposed to be a "new era"; the window was and still is the litmus test of Moshiri, and thus far he has spectacularly failed it.

It's not "being a bad fan" to just acknowledge the obvious, which is we're going into this new season in a shocking position.

even though in 2 weeks time the window shuts so still time to get some players in and look a lot stronger, if you look at it from right now it's hard to argue against it looking like a bit of a shambles.

I'm not in panic mode because I've seen it all before but I can totally understand why others have been left frustrated and let down.

The start of the window was a real chance to progress and make a statement. Even if we were holding on for the likes of Mata or Witsel, we should have been straight in looking for a top keeper, rb cover, Williams in and so on. 4-5 signings over the line early doors and no one would be saying "well it looks like we need to sell to buy"

Like I said, I think it will be different come September 1st but in the meantime the club haven't filled me with an abundance of confidence so far this summer.

This all day long. It's been a shambles for sure, going into the season with 1 real striker (who desperately wants to leave us) and no fully fit and ready players, plus only a goalkeeper brought in from the division below us. There really best be some big moves lined up because it could all turn very nasty very quickly for Mr Moshiri if money isn't spent and we continue being rubbish.

Lukaku will give us another year IMO, and barring a fantastic upturn in our fortunes, he will then be off.

That will be 4 years service, and as long as he does the business and keeps his head down this year, that will just be how it is I think.

The problem will be the same next year as any other - how to replace him and how to use the proceeds.

If he carries on as he did since March, we won't get near £50m.

Best to keep him though this season if we can, he will probably receive an assurance that the club won't stand in his way next summer, and Koeman has 12 months to prepare the ground.

We might even sign a half-decent 2nd striker in the meantime.

This all day long. It's been a shambles for sure, going into the season with 1 real striker (who desperately wants to leave us) and no fully fit and ready players, plus only a goalkeeper brought in from the division below us. There really best be some big moves lined up because it could all turn very nasty very quickly for Mr Moshiri if money isn't spent and we continue being rubbish.
That's the biggest fear. Record season tickets on the promise of keeping our best players, investment and a team challenging Top 4 and then he goes and sells our 2 best players and buys players from teams in the bottom half and this is his first window - a window most owners would know they have to win over the fans.

That kind of recipe could see Goodison turn so toxic we may get relegated.

That's the biggest fear. Record season tickets on the promise of keeping our best players, investment and a team challenging Top 4 and then he goes and sells our 2 best players and buys players from teams in the bottom half and this is his first window - a window most owners would know they have to win over the fans.

Relegated? I've missed this!!!!!!!

It might seem like an over-reaction using the R word, but think if we didn't have Lukaku last season, we'll have been right in the relegation mix, no doubt about it.

Can everyone just untwist their knickers please. Getting ridiculous, this.

Can everyone just untwist their knickers please. Getting ridiculous, this.
We finished 11th and have sold one of the top young CBs in Europe and this is assuming we also sell a top class Striker who got 25 goals. All in a league with no easy games and no whipping boys. Is it really that ridiculous?

We only finished 10 points above the drop.

You can't have typed that with a straight face.
Why not? We've got 50m for a kid who most independent people said we should have sold for 40 last year.
We've replaced him with a guy who's a better defender at a fifth of the cost.we are also bringing in a guy compared with Kante for 7m and will soon have in Sunderland and Palaces best players. And we haven't even got to the end of the window when we are likely to bring in one or two big names once they realise no CL teams are moving for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back