Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which will obviously help us break into the European positions and move up the league.

If Rom goes it's because we have royally messed up the transfer window and showed no ambition.
I don't agree. It's not evertons fault if CL players won't come. We've had a decent window so far with more to come

I hope you're right mate (we aren't looking to sell). I just think that after Stones going it sends out the wrong message. I don't want us to sell him this late in the day. I like him as a player even though he's still got a long way to go. He has flaws.
But yes, he could still be agitating for a move and thats difficult to manage behind the scenes. Be interesting to see if he's fit for the West Brom game (if he's definitely out v Spurs). I'm already suspicious that he's on his way.

I just won't go blaming the club mate in this instance as I think it's clear that we're doing all we can to keep him.

We valued him so high to try and ward off interest, and have offered him a bumper deal worth double his current salary.

If he still wants a move after that then it's difficult to see how he'd be convinced to stay - and no, I don't think the signing of somebody like Carvalho or Witsel will have helped.

I hope he stays, and agree that in a way it sends out the wrong message and there'd be serious questions about investment going forward. We're just going to have to wait and see.

I just won't go blaming the club mate in this instance as I think it's clear that we're doing all we can to keep him.

We valued him so high to try and ward off interest, and have offered him a bumper deal worth double his current salary.

If he still wants a move after that then it's difficult to see how he'd be convinced to stay - and no, I don't think the signing of somebody like Carvalho or Witsel will have helped.

I hope he stays, and agree that in a way it sends out the wrong message and there'd be serious questions about investment going forward. We're just going to have to wait and see.
Yes. I wouldn't blame the Club on this one. He's (and his agent) were putting out sound bites about his position at the end of last season and into the early part of summer. Then he stopped making noises to get away. His agent even said something like "something has changed at Everton". At that stage I was very optimistic about the direction of the club. Don't feel as confident now. In terms of a Rom sale - this late in the day who would we get to replace him?

Yes. I wouldn't blame the Club on this one. He's (and his agent) were putting out sound bites about his position at the end of last season and into the early part of summer. Then he stopped making noises to get away. His agent even said something like "something has changed at Everton". At that stage I was very optimistic about the direction of the club. Don't feel as confident now. In terms of a Rom sale - this late in the day who would we get to replace him?

That's my main worry and has been ever since it became evident we were/are struggling to attract 'CL' quality players to a club that has finished 11th two years running (and still some fans can't get in their heads that it isn't all down to money). Good players in their prime really aren't that arsed about a 'project' that could take a few years to get anywhere. Even the likes of Silva was only 24 when he joined City, so a few years off his 'prime', while Toure had been discarded by Barca. Plus, we're operating on a completely different level to what City were then in a completely different market.

From my understanding, the Club sat down with Raiola during the Euros and basically outlined that we didn't want Rom going anywhere, and that the player needed to shut up and that we were valuing him at (whatever we're valuing him at) and if nobody meets it then he isn't going. We showed our intention to bid for certain players (which I do think we have followed through, though admittedly with little success) and also committed to offering Rom a massive new deal that doubles his salary (probably the bit that Raiola was happy with the most like).

I think it just depends if Rom agitates for a move. It doesn't mean we have to sell though, and I still don't think we will unless somebody meets our valuation.

The (75) million pound question is what IF a club does though...

That's my main worry and has been ever since it became evident we were/are struggling to attract 'CL' quality players to a club that has finished 11th two years running (and still some fans can't get in their heads that it isn't all down to money). Good players in their prime really aren't that arsed about a 'project' that could take a few years to get anywhere. Even the likes of Silva was only 24 when he joined City, so a few years off his 'prime', while Toure had been discarded by Barca. Plus, we're operating on a completely different level to what City were then in a completely different market.

From my understanding, the Club sat down with Raiola during the Euros and basically outlined that we didn't want Rom going anywhere, and that the player needed to shut up and that we were valuing him at (whatever we're valuing him at) and if nobody meets it then he isn't going. We showed our intention to bid for certain players (which I do think we have followed through, though admittedly with little success) and also committed to offering Rom a massive new deal that doubles his salary (probably the bit that Raiola was happy with the most like).

I think it just depends if Rom agitates for a move. It doesn't mean we have to sell though, and I still don't think we will unless somebody meets our valuation.

The (75) million pound question is what IF a club does though...
Maybe he's disappointed at who we 'haven't' brought into the club thus far. And this is making him have another re-think. As you say, we'll see over the next two weeks or so. I could only stomach him going at this late stage if we had a sufficient replacement(s) lined up. Don't see who that could be. Everton eh!!

Decent window so far? Not sure if serious?

It hasn't been brilliant by any means, or what people were expecting.

But look at it objectively?

OUT
Howard - crap, got a lot of the blame for last season
Osman
Pienaar
Hibbert
Stones
(McGeady)
(Niasse)

So, they only player to leave so far has been a player that wanted out for a while and we've made a £40mil profit on.

IN
Stekelenburg - an improvement on Howard. Still seems we're after a keeper as well.
Gueye - adds to the midfield and will play the 'pressing' game that Koeman wants
Williams - an experienced and quality defender at both PL and international level, and a natural leader to boot.

Bar Stones, we've not lost a first team player and all three of our signings so far have improved the team in some way.

If the lad puts in a transfer request then it won't be for a lack of money.

My bet is that promises beyond money has been made to player and agent wrt to our summer transfer window.

I think what compounds our problems with this talented but irksome player, is he claims to be a Chelski supporter for what that's worth. It's funny how players and agents do everything to avoid placing a transfer request in and thus lose their laughable "loyalty" bonus. Perhaps loyalty bonuses should be paid at the end of a players career,you know as a reward for actual loyalty.

It hasn't been brilliant by any means, or what people were expecting.

But look at it objectively?

OUT
Howard - crap, got a lot of the blame for last season
Osman
Pienaar
Hibbert
Stones
(McGeady)
(Niasse)

So, they only player to leave so far has been a player that wanted out for a while and we've made a £40mil profit on.

IN
Stekelenburg - an improvement on Howard. Still seems we're after a keeper as well.
Gueye - adds to the midfield and will play the 'pressing' game that Koeman wants
Williams - an experienced and quality defender at both PL and international level, and a natural leader to boot.

Bar Stones, we've not lost a first team player and all three of our signings so far have improved the team in some way.

Your last comment is a tad fanciful mate, let's at least see Gueye before we start saying he's improved the team!

Williams for Stones is a no brainer! But he's not even fit to play.

We go into the first game of the season a total shambles IMO, let's hope we can scrape a result.

I think what compounds our problems with this talented but irksome player, is he claims to be a Chelski supporter for what that's worth. It's funny how players and agents do everything to avoid placing a transfer request in and thus lose their laughable "loyalty" bonus. Perhaps loyalty bonuses should be paid at the end of a players career,you know as a reward for actual loyalty.

Hard to know if that's the reason, especially in this case, because the buying club will probably compensate with a signing on bonus. The transfer business is a black art, some mystifying things go on (Niasse anyone) and given how much crap is spouted in the press it's difficult to know what to believe.

I suspect he does fancy going back to Chelsea and our own contract talks with him may be sticking on a buy-out clause, which could explain RK's comments yesterday, I would add that is only a theory!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back