Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
As above, if you've spent 400/500 pounds on the hope of spending, then to me you've done it completely wrong. I would argue that a lot has to do with the new payment plans and price freezing, more than the hope of transfers.
There's no way you believe that the reason we have just had a year of record ticket sales is anything other than the promises Moshiri made to turn Everton into a winning side not a side struggling in mid-table mediocrity.

In fact if Everton don't spend the money and the team perform poorly then Goodison is going to be toxic. The fans won't be getting what they paid for.

That's the point. It's not acceptable that he goes at all. We can't spend the money we already have.

If the club have already spent 100m and plan on spending the money from Lukaku then fair enough but if it's simply a business profit making exercise then that isn't acceptable to the fans who have spent their money buying season tickets on the promise that there would be investment in the club and we would be aiming for Europe and winning trophies.
It won't be a profit making exercise if he leaves. Any and all funds that we get from transfers out will be re-invested back into the squad, which is one of the key differences between then (BK era) and now.

Of course, the TV money helps, but no longer do we have to rely on sales to pay off debt etc.

IF Rom leaves in this window, I won't be happy at all, but it'll be because (like Stones) he wants out - rightly or wrongly that will be his decision - but that will only happen if a club meets our valuation.

There's no way you believe that the reason we have just had a year of record ticket sales is anything other than the promises Moshiri made to turn Everton into a winning side not a side struggling in mid-table mediocrity.

In fact if Everton don't spend the money and the team perform poorly then Goodison is going to be toxic. The fans won't be getting what they paid for.

And therein lies my point.

Can you pick out that Moshiri quote for me mate?

And no, not from your head, in which you made it up, but an actual hard evidence?

The only thing that Moshiri has said related to Everton is his statement and interview with BK after Chelsea - both in March. In neither does he say anything of the sort.

Can you pick out that Moshiri quote for me mate?

And no, not from your head, in which you made it up, but an actual hard evidence?

The only thing that Moshiri has said related to Everton is his statement and interview with BK after Chelsea - both in March. In neither does he say anything of the sort.

Without going too far off-topic, as we have already, the only time he's mentioned success was in his notes before Chelsea.

cb981c55edf34fa484316d38a56af693.jpg

Still, don't buy a season ticket based on the words in a statement.

Anyone come on here yet to say "the only reason I bought a season ticket is because I heard we were going to spend £100M this window"

No ?

Well there you go then !

If anyone did buy for that reason, then the chances are they are incapable of logging in to a forum.
In fact, if anyone does make that claim on here, then it's a fair bet that they are a recently signed up Koppite.

If you bought your season ticket based just on the prospect of transfers it's pretty weird though, isn't it? That's what he's saying.

Surely the main reason you buy a ST is to support the side we love and go to the games week in week out?
Ok. Maybe my terminology of saying 31000 were enticed was over emphasing it a bit!! And of course 20,000+ of those are/have been regular ST holders down the years (through thick and thin etc). Its just my opinion, but I just think the 'extra' sales and percentage of returning customers will have been excited at the prospect of a new owner, a new stadium and substantial investment in the squad. Its definitely a selling/ marketing positive surely.
To date the 'substantial investment' in players ain't happening. And doesn't look like it will without player sales first. Stones sold, Williams in and bids for Bolasie and Kone. If it does materialise I'll be as made up anyone.

Without going too far off-topic, as we have already, the only time he's mentioned success was in his notes before Chelsea.

cb981c55edf34fa484316d38a56af693.jpg

Still, don't buy a season ticket based on the words in a statement.

Literally one sentence re. transfers.

'Committed additional funds' - okay, remains to be seen for sure. I for one think he has, at least in that we don't have to rely solely on sales to make deals. Should Bolasie and Kone go through we will have a net spend of 20mil so far this summer (give or take).

'Retain key players' - okay, Stones hasn't stayed, but as many have said he wanted off last summer. We've got a great deal for him. We've set a ridiculously high asking price for Lukaku and offered him a new deal. The rest is up to him, and that's only if any club stumps up the cash that we value him at. If not, just like Stones, he won't be going anywhere.

That was it. All this 'promises of millions spent', proved to be the nonsense that we all knew it was - including the people posting it I presume.

It won't be a profit making exercise if he leaves. Any and all funds that we get from transfers out will be re-invested back into the squad, which is one of the key differences between then (BK era) and now.

Of course, the TV money helps, but no longer do we have to rely on sales to pay off debt etc.

IF Rom leaves in this window, I won't be happy at all, but it'll be because (like Stones) he wants out - rightly or wrongly that will be his decision - but that will only happen if a club meets our valuation.
So you say yet there's no evidence so far of that.

On the issue of debt. You do realize Moshiri didn't pay off the debt? He made an investment in the club which was used to pay of the debt and in return he got equity.

The question remains is he going to make a further investment in the club for players or was this just a once off because the club's debt situation was out of control and Bill saw it as a way of sorting out the problem and also bringing someone in who could access capital at a low premium to allow the club to build a stadium and Moshiri saw it as a relatively cheap purchase of top football club in the ever appreciating Premier League with the TV money about to land.

It's completely unclear at this point what his intentions are however what is becoming clear is we have reasons to doubt his original promises.

Hopefully by the time the window shuts Rom will still be an Everton player and we will have signed 4 boss 25m+ players taking our net spend over 100m and you will be proven right that we have all just been bedwetters but until then the jury is out.

If however he sells Rom and doesn't spend the money and in deed the extra money from the TV and what he promised then again his intentions will be pretty clear.

Literally one sentence re. transfers.

'Committed additional funds' - okay, remains to be seen for sure. I for one think he has, at least in that we don't have to rely solely on sales to make deals. Should Bolasie and Kone go through we will have a net spend of 20mil so far this summer (give or take).

'Retain key players' - okay, Stones hasn't stayed, but as many have said he wanted off last summer. We've got a great deal for him. We've set a ridiculously high asking price for Lukaku and offered him a new deal. The rest is up to him, and that's only if any club stumps up the cash that we value him at. If not, just like Stones, he won't be going anywhere.

That was it. All this 'promises of millions spent', proved to be the nonsense that we all knew it was - including the people posting it I presume.
Additional funds and retaining key players. What do you mean that was it?

He's failing at both at this minute and apparently there was no attempt to even try and keep Stones. All we wanted was for City to meet our valuation. I wonder is the same the case for Rom.

If so then he's already been proven to be liar.

On the issue of debt. You do realize Moshiri didn't pay off the debt? He made an investment in the club which was used to pay of the debt and in return he got equity.

The question remains is he going to make a further investment in the club for players or was this just a once off because the club's debt situation was out of control and Bill saw it as a way of sorting out the problem and also bringing someone in who could access capital at a low premium to allow the club to build a stadium and Moshiri saw it as a relatively cheap purchase of top football club in the ever appreciating Premier League with the TV money about to land.

It's completely unclear at this point what his intentions are however what is becoming clear is we have reasons to doubt his original promises.

Hopefully by the time the window shuts Rom will still be an Everton player and we will have signed 4 boss 25m+ players taking our net spend over 100m and you will be proven right that we have all just been bedwetters but until then the jury is out.

If however he sells Rom and doesn't spend the money and in deed the extra money from the TV and what he promised then again his intentions will be pretty clear.

IF the deals for Bolasie and Kone go through (which look likely) then we will have spent circa £60-65m (depending on which figures to believe) so far.

That means that we would have a NET spend (at that stage) of circa £15-20mil. That means all the money (and more) from the Stones deal has gone back into the playing squad, would it not???

You keep banging on about his promises, but I've just pointed out he only made two comments re. transfers. The rest of what he has done (compo for Koeman, plus £7mil deal), Walsh, stadium renovations, widely reported FF renovations, stadium plans..., well you're completely ignoring. Also widely reported that he has written off the vast majority of the club debt?

He's a business man, his main objective will be monetary gain. However, he also knows that in football it's about something different as well - otherwise why leave Arsenal?

He's failing at both at this minute and apparently there was no attempt to even try and keep Stones. All we wanted was for City to meet our valuation. I wonder is the same the case for Rom.

GREAT SCOTT MARTY

You're right.

He has clearly offered additional funds if we're willing to spend almost £50mil on two players mate... have agreed a £25mil fee for Witsel with his club...

He pledged to retain key players. As I said, one of them had wanted out for a year. Koeman himself admitted that today. We got a record fee for him.

I can't be arsed with it for now lad, honest. It's boring. I'm gonna whack you on ignore until the end of the window cos it's just the same circular arguments and i think it's obvious we aren't gonna agree on much and I can't imagine it's fun reading for anybody else either. If the window shuts and we're in deep crap, vault the hell out of me, and lead the bloody BU protest for all I care.

He has clearly offered additional funds if we're willing to spend almost £50mil on two players mate... have agreed a £25mil fee for Witsel with his club...

He pledged to retain key players. As I said, one of them had wanted out for a year. Koeman himself admitted that today. We got a record fee for him.

I can't be arsed with it for now lad, honest. It's boring. I'm gonna whack you on ignore until the end of the window cos it's just the same circular arguments and i think it's obvious we aren't gonna agree on much and I can't imagine it's fun reading for anybody else either. If the window shuts and we're in deep crap, vault the hell out of me, and lead the bloody BU protest for all I care.
While I agree with you, the sale of Stones before we have seen any isn't a good look is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back