Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez man he's a sulking big headed over rated footballer.

It he goes we'll deal with it. No player is bigger than the club. He was crap second half of the season and he was crap for Belgium.

Even first half of last season when we were playing/attacking well and creating numerous chances for him he missed a shed full.

And as for rewarding him with a new contract with a pay increase they can swerve that! He wanted to leave, nobody came in for him, give him a pay cut not an increase!

It he goes we'll deal with it. No player is bigger than the club. He was crap second half of the season and he was crap for Belgium.

Even first half of last season when we were playing/attacking well and creating numerous chances for him he missed a shed full.

And as for rewarding him with a new contract with a pay increase they can swerve that! He wanted to leave, nobody came in for him, give him a pay cut not an increase!
dDLDFEd.jpg

I think he's a realist mate, if a big enough offer comes in he will leave it to the board to decide to take it or not. He's only been here 5 minutes and he's probably already sick to the death of the sound of Lukakus voice rabbiting on in the canteen about how massive a club Chelsea is.

We had no unity last season and that was the problem. Patience mate because I think we will come through these times a lot stronger in a few weeks and all feeling a lot better about things.
Somehow then under RM he did well to get us 11 th unless Walsh spots us a Vady bargain in the lower leagues we kept Stones, and Lukaku, and got players in last season - This so far has been farcical Stones gone Lukaku likely everyone we were linked to fell through of any substance we are doomed it reminds me of the beginning of the Walter Smith era(n)

Somehow then under RM he did well to get us 11 th unless Walsh spots us a Vady bargain in the lower leagues we kept Stones, and Lukaku, and got players in last season - This so far has been farcical Stones gone Lukaku likely everyone we were linked to fell through of any substance we are doomed it reminds me of the beginning of the Walter Smith era(n)

Walter smith era lol felt like that last season specially at goodison but tbh his teams had more fight than robertos

You should be a chairman mate!

Reactions: Ivo

nowhere near as grim yet Joey so hang on in there mate ;)

Think you are being a bit hasty Joey.

If it was any other player at the club acting like him, people would say get rid, I understand you give important players a bit more leeway but I don't want someone at the club who acts the way he does. Can't stand him and if he stays he needs to pull his finger out. I guarantee Williams would be playing in f he had the same cut on his foot.

Reactions: Ivo

...when we signed Collins, Dacourt and Materazzi. Not sure the analogy completely stands up.

Some simple research and reasonable assumptions will readily provide an answer.

Howard, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Stones were paid a combined basic salary of £183,000 a week.

Gueye, Stekelenberg, Williams, Bolasie and Kone were paid a combined basic salary of £187,000 a week. I'm going to suggest their salaries have increased by 25% taking the combined figure to £233,000.

Lukaku is set for a £55,000 a week increase. I'm going to assume Barkley receives the same increase and Baines a smaller increase of £25,000.

I'm assuming we've budgeted for 3 additional players say at a 'moderate' £75,000 a week each.

That gives a combined wage increase of £406,000 a week ignoring any increases in any of the other 25+ professionals in the club.

That equates to £21,000,000 increase in wages, 3 times the permitted increase given our non broadcasting revenues are going to be flat.

So in the absence of any realistic way of increasing revenues by over £14 million a year how were we going to achieve it without creating a significant trading profit from a player sale?

Btw if we achieve two of our main targets in the window those figures will increase significantly, probably by another £5 million at least.

So we rather sell stone and keep 8 or maybe 9 central midfielder fighting for 2 midfield slot?
It's not about increasing revenue as the only means, selling deadwood to increase fund and reduce wages is a better way forward.

Rubbish. We can't replace his goals and he hasn't sulked once.

He wasn't great towards the end of the season but a striker relies on service and the whole team were awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back