Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says they'll do all they can, I'll take that. He's still under contract either way, don't really think he will leave.

If he does, then disappointing but unless someone finds 70 million in the next three weeks...

What price do you put on a season lost though mate, thats the crux of it, a late sale of Lukaku at this juncture would utterly wreck any chance of the team doing anything whatsoever this season and it'd be chalked up as a 'rebuilding' year, much like many those across the park have had in years gone by

What price do you put on a season lost though mate, thats the crux of it, a late sale of Lukaku at this juncture would utterly wreck any chance of the team doing anything whatsoever this season and it'd be chalked up as a 'rebuilding' year, much like many those across the park have had in years gone by

Can't afford any lost season really, not after the last two, that's why we can't sell him. What message does that send.

he isn't going anywhere unless somebody meets the valuation mate

Which this late in the window mate should be a not for sale price, 2 days before the season to even contemplate the sale of the only actual striker at the club is negligent - to do so whilst we have had an utter inability to attract players close to his level would be akin to asset stripping of the team. Regardless of what price was offered

Which this late in the window mate should be a not for sale price, 2 days before the season to even contemplate the sale of the only actual striker at the club is negligent - to do so whilst we have had an utter inability to attract players close to his level would be akin to asset stripping of the team. Regardless of what price was offered

our valuation by all accounts has been £75mil all summer. I still can't see anybody meeting that

Can't afford any lost season really, not after the last two, that's why we can't sell him. What message does that send.

Which is why Koeman and maybe as improtantly a message should have been issued loud and clear he is not for sale this season, we have basically left the door open with the 'meet his valuation' malarky

Imagine spurs handling kane speculation the same way last season - and they at least had a semi competent backup and the ability to sign at least a solid level of player

Which is why Koeman and maybe as improtantly a message should have been issued loud and clear he is not for sale this season, we have basically left the door open with the 'meet his valuation' malarky

Imagine spurs handling kane speculation the same way last season - and they at least had a semi competent backup and the ability to sign at least a solid level of player

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on the sending a message part, that's a part Martinez got right with Stones - especially after the Barnsley cup game, but what if a little part of that is setting his price so high? It seems like anybody that wants him right now is either unwilling to pay that or can't afford it after the transfers they've already made this summer.

Last edited:
If this £75m is actually real, and wasnt just media stuff, then I would guess it was a sop to his Dad/agent. Like, stop mouthing off, if anyone meets our valuation, we will have a chat.

If he throws his toys out Koeman won't want him around. We may not be able to go like for like but we could pick up a perfectly decent striker

Koeman is used to having his best players sold (just look what happened at Southampton). However I really don't think he envisaged when he took over that he could lose his best 2 players. Rather than a board decision, it should be koeman's call, if he wants Lukaku to stay that should be the end of the matter. Irrespective of the interest of Chelsea, he is still under contract for another 3 years. However if koeman, thinks his attitude or style of play, will be detrimental to the side or the style of football he is trying to implement then he will be sold. However we are finding it difficult enough to attract players as it is, selling our best 2 players might just put off others wanting to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back