Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he throws his toys out Koeman won't want him around. We may not be able to go like for like but we could pick up a perfectly decent striker
Which will obviously help us break into the European positions and move up the league.

If Rom goes it's because we have royally messed up the transfer window and showed no ambition.

If Rom goes because its 'a Board decision' and not Koemans, to me means we ain't spending £100m without players sales (Stones & Lukaku). And, if so we won't have a net spend of £100m for sure.
Thats a far cry from what enticed 31,000 season ticket holders to commiting to the club.

If Rom goes because its 'a Board decision' and not Koemans, to me means we ain't spending £100m without players sales (Stones & Lukaku). And, if so we won't have a net spend of £100m for sure.
Thats a far cry from what enticed 31,000 season ticket holders to commiting to the club.

I didn't buy my season tickets based on that supposed promise, I bought mine to support my club so drop that number to 30,997.

Utter tosh if anybody bought one based on what they thought was happening this summer.

Which will obviously help us break into the European positions and move up the league.

If Rom goes it's because we have royally messed up the transfer window and showed no ambition.

and because a club have offered £75m.

I still think he'll stay, that's my gut feeling, as I don't think anybody will bid that much and based on the Stones deal and last summer I'm fairly confident we won't accept less.

As a side note, @ the mods, can we please have a carpet ban on the term 'ambition', it's getting ludicrous how much it's used for literally any reason to have a go at the club.

and because a club have offered £75m.

I still think he'll stay, that's my gut feeling, as I don't think anybody will bid that much and based on the Stones deal and last summer I'm fairly confident we won't accept less.

As a side note, @ the mods, can we please have a carpet ban on the term 'ambition', it's getting ludicrous how much it's used for literally any reason to have a go at the club.
What are we supposed to do with 75m? We can't spend the net 100m we already have. If Moshiri sells Rom and Stones in this window it's clear he's just here to asset strip us.

It's not ludicrous. The reason why it's being used is because no one truly knows Moshiri's intentions.

I didn't buy my season tickets based on that supposed promise, I bought mine to support my club so drop that number to 30,997.

Utter tosh if anybody bought one based on what they thought was happening this summer.
No it's not. There's a reason we had record season ticket sales and it wasn't to watch a team playing out the numbers in mid-table.

You might not have bought your ticket for that reason but a lot clearly did and you have no right to judge them for their reasons. If the club didn't want those fans buying for that reason then they shouldn't have said they would invest in the squad and yes Moshiri did say that.

No it's not. There's a reason we had record season ticket sales and it wasn't to watch a team playing out the numbers in mid-table.

You might not have bought your ticket for that reason but a lot clearly did and you have no right to judge them for their reasons. If the club didn't want those fans buying for that reason then they shouldn't have said they would invest in the squad and yes Moshiri did say that.

Anyone that seriously went "Yenno what, I'll buy one cos we might have a boss centre mid thanks to this dough" shouldn't have really bought one.

Well, like you I didn't myself either. Been a season ticket holder since 1978. And obviously not all 31,000 would have done either. But the sales have gone up this year, no doubt. And I can't see the increase just being because Martinez was sacked. And I can't remember sales being this high.

Anyone that seriously went "Yenno what, I'll buy one cos we might have a boss centre mid thanks to this dough" shouldn't have really bought one.
Why should they not have bought one. You don't think the value proposition of buying a season ticket, something that is a lot of money to some people is different for a team winning every week to a team that is losing or drawing every week.

They bought for a reason and it's not your money so you don't have a right to tell them they were wrong.

What are we supposed to do with 75m? We can't spend the net 100m we already have. If Moshiri sells Rom and Stones in this window it's clear he's just here to asset strip us.

It's not ludicrous. The reason why it's being used is because no one truly knows Moshiri's intentions.

it was used every week last season mate for something or another - 'Stones wants to leave? Where's the amishion lad?'

'KenWRONG, where's the amishunnnn', 'Martinez, no ambition'. It's tedious beyond belief...

I'm not saying I want him to leave at any price. I was adding to your point that the only way he goes is if a club meets our asking price.

Why should they not have bought one. You don't think the value proposition of buying a season ticket, something that is a lot of money to some people is different for a team winning every week to a team that is losing or drawing every week.

They bought for a reason and it's not your money so you don't have a right to tell them they were wrong.

If you bought your season ticket based just on the prospect of transfers it's pretty weird though, isn't it? That's what he's saying.

Surely the main reason you buy a ST is to support the side we love and go to the games week in week out?

it was used every week last season mate for something or another - 'Stones wants to leave? Where's the amishion lad?'

'KenWRONG, where's the amishunnnn', 'Martinez, no ambition'. It's tedious beyond belief...

I'm not saying I want him to leave at any price. I was adding to your point that the only way he goes is if a club meets our asking price.
That's the point. It's not acceptable that he goes at all. We can't spend the money we already have.

If the club have already spent 100m and plan on spending the money from Lukaku then fair enough but if it's simply a business profit making exercise then that isn't acceptable to the fans who have spent their money buying season tickets on the promise that there would be investment in the club and we would be aiming for Europe and winning trophies.

Well, like you I didn't myself either. Been a season ticket holder since 1978. And obviously not all 31,000 would have done either. But the sales have gone up this year, no doubt. And I can't see the increase just being because Martinez was sacked. And I can't remember sales being this high.

And that's fair enough but I know a lot of people who swerved it thanks to Martinez. Alright, I'm not saying the club immediately found 5k extra STH's cos of Koeman but buying on the hope that we'd spend money, to me, is frankly ludicrous. They're expensive and to the many of us who have one, we're in a privileged position. Nobody should be splashing out 400/500 pounds on hope.

As above, if you've spent 400/500 pounds on the hope of spending, then to me you've done it completely wrong. I would argue that a lot has to do with the new payment plans and price freezing, more than the hope of transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back