Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is out on Saturday Koeman might get his first chance to see Kone in action, after that no way will he want to let Lukaku go for any price!
Del would start up front if pre season is any indication. Considering that's our Rom alternative at the moment, I can't believe we haven't already moved for another striker. CM we at least have options who have done a job before. Up front it's Rom and then nothing.

'Romelu is still an Everton player'
Including the word 'still' tells you everything you need to know about how negotiations are going on that new contract

Rom out, Bony in would be beyond crap.

I don't want Rom to leave but if he does, as a replacement Bony is not too bad.

A few years back we would have had to settle for players like Naismith or Beckford coming in to lead the line.

He showed something at Swansea to make man city buy him and at the time I think we would have been happy to see him here. Just needs to play and get back to that form again.

I'd much rather buy Bony as a backup or to play alongside Lukaku though ;)

Koeman on Lukaku - 'it's up to the board'
A theme of the summer has been players returning to their old clubs, and Chelsea's pursuit of Romelu Lukaku is not done yet, with Everton manager Ronald Koeman admitting he does not know if he will have to sell the Belgian.

"He is still an Everton player but finally the board makes those kind of decisions," Koeman has said this afternoon. "Of course, I would like to keep all my best players but I know football. I know business. Let's wait."

Seen a link to this in the Telegraph

If he goes he goes, very hard to keep player who's head has been turned. Right now Bony would at least let us start the premier league season with a recognized striker, anything else is unforgivable. Get Bony in and we have a start, a platform to bring another striker alongside him.

A theme of the summer has been players returning to their old clubs, and Chelsea's pursuit of Romelu Lukaku is not done yet, with Everton manager Ronald Koeman admitting he does not know if he will have to sell the Belgian.

"He is still an Everton player but finally the board makes those kind of decisions," Koeman has said this afternoon. "Of course, I would like to keep all my best players but I know football. I know business. Let's wait."

On one hand it's a very accurate statement of how football works and the influence that a manager has over sales. On the other hand, my head nearly fell off reading it as it almost reads as a preparing the way statement.

Those quotes don't give me any great encouragement that Lukaku will stay. "I know football. I know business." If he is going to be sold let him go ASAP and it gives us time to get the likes of bony and slimani.

Koeman offloading the blame on our board if Lukaku is sold, we had more unity last season it's becoming farcical two over 30 s signed and a young prospect from a relegated side - it has to get better it can't get worse surely ?

Quite a downbeat assessment on the chances of keeping Lukaku. Clearly, an approach has been made, presumably by Chelsea, otherwise he would have said no bids have been made, we are not wanting any bids to be made, at the moment there is no chance of him leaving etc. Instead, he mentions the Board and it being their decision. Niasse might be getting a squad number yet.

Koeman offloading the blame on our board if Lukaku is sold, we had more unity last season it's becoming farcical two over 30 s signed and a young prospect from a relegated side - it has to get better it can't get worse surely ?

I think he's a realist mate, if a big enough offer comes in he will leave it to the board to decide to take it or not. He's only been here 5 minutes and he's probably already sick to the death of the sound of Lukakus voice rabbiting on in the canteen about how massive a club Chelsea is.

We had no unity last season and that was the problem. Patience mate because I think we will come through these times a lot stronger in a few weeks and all feeling a lot better about things.

I like Rom, but he's been a sulky get for months, and when his hold up play is off, it affects the whole team. If he's replaced by Bony plus another proven striker, and we still have change, I'd take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back